Author Topic: Extending shipnames list  (Read 1026 times)

Offline vorpal+5 (OP)

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Extending shipnames list
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:12:13 AM »
Some of the starting lists are rather shorts (Russia, China) and as the NPRs like to spam new ship classes (given it don't have to refit shipyards) it runs out very soon. I end up with Russian ships named Reaper or FAC-killer, that's ugly and I have to manually rename them in the end.

So two questions, if you please.

Is it possible to add mid-game a 2nd list of allowed names to a race?

Baring that, where can I find preformated ship names list? I tried to search there and there but no luck.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
Re: Extending shipnames list
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 05:56:56 AM »
Inside the 'Russian' or 'Chinese' theme text file are five or six delineated lists.  Male first names, female first names, last names*, rank names, colony names, ship class names. . . possibly I'm forgetting one.

I believe Aurora has a folder called 'Themes' where it keeps all these text files.  It's eaey enough to edit the appropriate text file to include more names, and as long as you follow the existing formatting everything will work out fine.

*Russian might actually be special and contain separate male and female LAST names as well.

The following users thanked this post: obsidian_green

Offline Titanian

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • T
Re: Extending shipnames list
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 06:35:52 AM »
And where would these files be? All theme information i know of is part of the database. If you have of any script to edit them in a comfortable way I would be interested.