Author Topic: MINISTRY of TECHNOLOGY #0: Overview  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Father Tim (OP)

• Vice Admiral
MINISTRY of TECHNOLOGY #0: Overview
« on: June 04, 2011, 05:05:16 PM »
Current Top Researchers:
Dr. Jason Winston, 0% Power & Propulsion, ? Labs
Dr. Ken Mingler, 0% Defensive Systems, ? Labs
Dr. Lyndon Veer, 20% Sensors & Fire Control, ? Labs

Available Research Resources:
15 fully-staffed, multipurpose Trans-Newtonian exploitation stations

Current Research Priorities:
Get a troop transport vessel into space as soon as possible to take Engineers to Mars to exploit the alien ruins found there.

Additional Research Priorities:
Improved power plant & engine technology
Improved sensors and fire control
Sorium harvesters to alleviate our disastrous lack of fuel.
Improved mining, research, and construction rates to aid our industrial development.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 08:51:21 AM by Father Tim »

Offline Father Tim (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Re: MINISTRY of TECHNOLOGY #0: Overview
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »
[ooc]OOC:  It is my intention, as Technology Minister, to ignore 'conventional wisdom' and what might be considered metagame knowledge as much as possible.  To that end, I promise that sensor resolutions will not match up known SPOILER classes, missile warheads will never be a square number (other than 1), beam weapons will not just barely outrange SPOILERS, nor will turret or fire control speeds just happen to be fast enough to track SPOILERS.

Plus, I happen to think 'conventional wisdom' is wrong in a lot of cases.[/ooc]

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 06:42:01 AM »
[ooc]I fully support you on that point. We all know how to play an efficient game, playing against impossible odds, using badly conceived and ill-fitted design will be much more fun. Losing Is Fun![/ooc]

Offline Father Tim (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 12:43:43 PM »
[ooc]OOC:  I prefer to think of it as 'winning by a means other than a massive horde of missiles'[/ooc]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 12:57:24 PM by Father Tim »

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 08:52:33 PM »
[ooc] I never really looked at the spoilers and mechanics of the game for that exact reason, so I applaud your decision to make sure the technology is a little scratchy, it will allow the fleet to come back after use and request modifications, if you really wanted to get tricky you could roll for some the attributes, for anything with an initial design if you liked[/ooc]

Offline Father Tim (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 09:01:12 AM »
[ooc]OOC:  It is my intention to give all ship components generic names (such as the 'Basic Commercial Steam Engine' and the 'Civilian Thermal Detector') when researched, so that each company (player) may produce a version 'under license' with their own name.  Thus we might have the 'DaZmar E1 Engine' or the 'Weyland-Yutani 25/100 Commercial Nuclear Engine' or whatever, and Detjen can use SM mode to Instant a bunch of identical-stat but differently-named components.

This does mean a bunch of extra work for Detjen - especially when actually punching in the ship designs as the components list will be five times longer than usual, but I hoping he'll be willing.[ooc]

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 01:47:53 AM »
[ooc]Hm while the list of components is an issue, we discussed it before,  I suppose I would nto be against it if everyone really wanted it that way.  I was hoping more for a company getting the research and everyone having to buy that license.  it would be fun to see three engine companies all trying to get the tech minister to choose their latest enigne design rather than all three.  [/ooc]

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 12:33:48 PM »
Yup, I support Detjen. If we play using the corporate rules (could you re-send them o me? I lost them) It could be fuin too.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 05:34:32 PM »
[ooc]If we had a larger playing base then this would work, but at the moment a lot the senators a playing two characters as it is. I don't think it is the time to add more rules or positions[/ooc]