Author Topic: Ship prefix  (Read 2130 times)

Offline Sagal (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
Ship prefix
« on: March 02, 2015, 02:37:14 AM »
It would be nice to have place (in the race screen or class design) where you can put prefix (HMS etc.) and it would be automatically added to the ships name when building them if you want.

It isn't a big improvement or anything as it's pretty easy to do yourself but I think it would be cool :P

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
Re: Ship prefix
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 02:56:32 AM »
Addition: Should probably only apply to military ships.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2015, 12:02:44 PM »
Good idea. There could be separate prefixes for military and commercial ships. There should also be a way to exclude fighters and facs.

Offline Sagal (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 12:17:35 PM »
Good idea. There could be separate prefixes for military and commercial ships. There should also be a way to exclude fighters and facs.

Yep, sounds good. Let's hope it will happen

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2015, 01:47:28 PM »
It would be awesome if you could set it so military ships have a certain one and the commercial will use another, to simulate both the military and government owned ships. It would also be cool for shipping line ships to also have prefixes based on their line's name, for example, Industrial Shipping would be IS or Patterson Goods and Services would be PGS, just for some examples. I guess my current game would have TRM as the commercial (Terran Republic of Man) and TCF for military (Terran Combined Forces), but the military side name could be worked upon.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 06:15:21 PM by 83athom »
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Coombes

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • C
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 04:26:39 PM »
For commercial ships it would be awesome is the game generated names for them, and used SS prefix or the shipping company name first name as a prefix lik Maersk do.

As for military ships I would use in my current game,I used for my exploration ships, CSEA (Confederation Space Exploration Agency) and for my military fleet TCS (Terran Confederation Ship) and for my auxiliary ships eg.  transports, tankers and cargo ships, I used TCAS ( Terran Confederation Auxiliary Ship).

Offline mtm84

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 06:13:37 PM »
On the subject of ship names, it would be nice if you could view all of the ship names in a ship list, or add and delete names from a ship list, or delete a ship list entirely.   Same goes for ship classes and class abbreviations.   Right now anything you add to those in a game is there forever unless you reinstall.

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2015, 03:31:49 AM »
For my 2 cents I would like to request pennant numbers in the ship screen, where the class would go. Currently, I have my own pennant system going which causes the ship screen to look like:
FF FF-14 Fletcher

Kinda would be nice if the pennant number could be in it's own column.