Author Topic: MINISTRY OF SURVEY #1  (Read 5626 times)

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Re: MINISTRY OF SURVEY #1
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2011, 07:29:58 AM »
Chuck quickly puts together a brief note to his planning committee to assign.

Note to Survey Crew of the Peter Munk, I had quite forgotten a rather sizeable resource until it was pointed out to me by a learned colleague, saying what about that big rock orbiting us, please make your first stop the moon. Also note, please note that future missions to any planetary bodies also to do surveys of the orbiting moon around it as matter of course.

He then follows up with a quick email to Senator Phan Duc Tho.

I know your desire for a Mars mission, but I am more concerned in using as little fuel as possible as well as best possible speeds, we need to take into account planetary orbits, so you do have a great possibility Mars will be indeed closer at time of launch but if not, you will not have infrastructure or ships ready for colonisation even if it was delayed a few months.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 07:37:02 AM by ardem »

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2011, 11:05:23 PM »
Chuck punches in the details of the latest discoveries, from John D Rockefeller, after closing analyzing the pictures there is no mistake these are ruins. Could it be a pre exisitng earth colony, to call them alien at this stage is a little presumptuous.

"We need to put a team together, and I think it the job on the survey ministry to map out a ruin expedition, but as far as bringing things back online I suppose that should be someone else"

"I suppose an emergency bill is in order, while the president announces the news to the world."

Chuck turns his attention back to a quick note to the President.

"Mr President, we have located on Mars man-made for a better work structures, I have sent across the various ground penetrating radar images, as well as thermal overlays, there is some slight residue radiation but nothing to consider hazardous."

"I believe all efforts should be made to investigate these ruins as soon as physically possible"

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2011, 11:58:26 PM »
"Joe Detjen get in here now!"

"What are we running here some sort of party games, I get a report of Sorium found, I do not get quantities, availability or any other damn information, you tell those space nuggets that they do their job properly or I will find someone else to do it for them."

"And where is my earth survey team, let me guess sunning it up in Rio Di Janeiro, tell them to get there butt in gear otherwise their space flight to the moon will come from my boot rather then a space craft."

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2011, 10:00:58 AM »
Joe Detjen, where are my reports, seriously how long do I need to wait.

BTW I need a report on all members with a xeno background I wish to put a team together ASAP.

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 01:20:57 AM »
[ooc]Oi oi totally sorry about my failure there,  one of those weeks.[/ooc]

Sorium deposits have been found on Luna in the range of 25,000 with an accessibility rating of .4  Geosurvey Team on earth has still made no breakthrough on deposits on earth .  At this time the Munk is finishing its survey of Venus before returning to earth while the Rockefeller is on its way to Saturn as ordered.

For our Xeno studies, they are not too promising, in all categories of government officials only one has a 30% Xeno rating at its highest,   mr.  J. Winston  breakdown is as follows
[ooc]I know im overstepping my boundries a bit but failing to pay attention and wait till the last minute,  I would like to put togeather a team of J.winston and the three 15% rated people.  if any of the others object we can assemble a new team for the next turn, again terribly sorry,  this is one of the reasons I was trying to figure out how to post my savegame,  that way anyone could load up the information without relying on me.  [/ooc]

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 01:45:49 AM »
Sorium reports for the last couple months have gone through the roof!  Venus is now confirmed to have over 7 mil tons though at .1 rating.  here are compleate Mineral readouts from Venus and saturn, both ships have finished their surveys and stand by

Venus
Duranium: 67,510,340 (.6)
Corbomite: 35,897,830 (.1)
Boronide: 13,628,800 (.1)
Sorium: 7,416,908 (.1)

Saturn
Sorium 1,687,560 (.9)

Your nephew also writes a greeting from Mars and says. "Glad you arnt here. its far too cold and cramped.  wait till its terraformed"

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 05:52:46 PM »
Note to Survey Fleet:

Peter Munk is to refuel and head to Jupiter and Neptune, remember to also survey the moons, keep an eye on your fuel gauge and make sure you always have enough for a return journey.

John D Rockefeller, you are to proceed to the asteroid belt and start with the large asteriod in the inner ring and then move to the next nearest and so on, once your fuel reach 50% return to Earth, I want all mission with minimal to no risk.

[ooc]Detjen: Am role playing so don't take any personal concerns for how I talk to Joe Detjen not a reflection on you ever. Do whatever you can.[/ooc]
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 05:55:01 PM by ardem »

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 01:05:19 PM »
[ooc]I didnt take any of the yelling personaly.  just the fact i missed your posts and didnt react to them till like 2 minutes before I did the turn,  so no worries there.[/ooc]

Did you want the rockefeller to survey the moons of Saturn before turning for refule?

Offline vergeraiders

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 03:38:48 PM »
Mr President, not sure where my boss is - he must have turned his locator off - but if the Rockefeller is already in Saturnian orbit, I would say she should finish surveying all the moons before she returns unless the fuel situation is dire (under about 25%). The fuel used to move around to the moons is quite small compared to what it will take to get to earth.

DepMinSur Gagarin

Offline Detjen

• Lieutenant
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 06:22:38 PM »
the Rockefeller still has 97% of its fuel supplies.  the Munk at 99% but has just returned to earth and ready to refuel.  both can go almost a year on one tank and should be able to handle a 6 month or longer mission set.

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 08:36:44 PM »
All moons are to be surveyed as part of any major planetary survey. This is standard policy.

I think I put this somewhere else but cannot remember where. 97% hmmm belay my orders on refuel just continue to Jupiter Neptune and Uranus if fuel is not below 50%

Offline vergeraiders

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2011, 09:18:26 AM »
For reference the survey ships have a range of 50+ billion km. the distance fromt he sun to neptune is on the order of 4.5 billion km.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 09:20:30 AM by vergeraiders »

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2011, 06:43:48 PM »
Deputy Minister I have just got reports on our next set of survey ships are 3 months behind schedule. I would like to make 1 a transport ship for survey teams, could you put together your proposed use of the survey team landing sites, the other ship will be bound for the outer planets.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 06:55:12 PM by ardem »

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2011, 06:54:52 PM »
Joe Detjen, when the captain of the Rockefeller returns, could you make sure we have a ceremony, press, other senators, the works. We wish to award him the Columbus medal for the discovery of the Mars ruins.

Please see if the President is free to present the award, as Vice President I will be attending in that capacity, also if will give me a polls lift amongst the public.

Offline Sheb

• Commodore
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2011, 11:50:13 AM »
As designer of the Columbus medal, I'd like to be there as well£. Of course, only the President, representing the people of the Earth as a whole, is fit to descern the medal.