Author Topic: no alien artefacts  (Read 2849 times)

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
no alien artefacts
« on: August 25, 2010, 06:01:08 AM »
So, I discovered some ruins. My Xenoarcheology team identified it, and my engineers have fully exploited it.
I terraformed the planet it was on, and have a starting colony of almost 10m population there now.
However, in the wealth tab, the planet is not producing any alien artefacts for trade.

I thought that colonies on a planet / moon with ruins site produced alien artefacts?

Offline randal7

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • r
Re: no alien artefacts
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 07:22:45 AM »
I have this in my current 4.91 game also. Colonies don't start producing all of their commodities until  20 million pop (maybe 10, I forget which and I'm on the wrong computer to check). I'm assuming for the moment that this is why.

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 09:38:42 AM »
Aha. I didn't know that. That would make sense. I abandoned that game cause I got kicked to the stone age by some unfriendly aliens, so I can't test it there.
My new game has a fledgling colony on Mars though, with ruins. With population 0.24m, it only has one trade good, infrastructure.

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 03:57:59 AM »
Testing in progress..

At population 10 million, the population of Mars now starts to demand alien artefacts, instead of produce them.
However, the number for current import requirement is listed in parenthesis, instead of normally.

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 11:13:35 AM »
At population 324 million, the colony still does not produce alien artefacts. The numbers indicating current import requirement are no longer in parenthesis.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2010, 05:04:38 PM »
Only colonies with ruins produce alien artifacts.  Once ruins are fully exploited, they disappear.  Thus, your colony does not produce alien artifacts because it does not have ruins (anymore).  I suggest posting your problem in the bugs thread.

Offline martinuzz (OP)

• Lieutenant
  • High Dwarf
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2010, 05:08:36 PM »
Ah. The ruins on Mars have been fully exploited by my engineers, didn't know that caused the ruins to disappear. That explains it then.
Guess I have to find some ruins on a planet, and don't touch them with engineers to get some alien artefact trade going, then.

Offline UnLimiTeD

• Vice Admiral
  • U
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2010, 05:40:07 PM »
Or only touch them a little.^^

Offline Faber81

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 08:08:42 AM »
Using the search button I found this post, and I have the same problem as the person who asked first.  The only difference it's that i haven't fully exploited the ruins.  They are all intact (but i have identified them with my xeno archeologists).  Why the colony (92M) doesn't produce artifacts?

Offline Yonder

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 10:00:16 AM »
I'm guessing it's a bug all around then. Even after your government teams have swept the ruins of everything of industrial, scientific, or military value there should be plenty of alien teddy bears, alien toothbrushes, alien sports paraphernalia, and other items to export.

Offline Faber81

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2011, 10:15:24 AM »
So artifacts are bugged then? Even if you don't exploy the ruins with engineers nothing can be done, right?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:27:13 AM by Faber81 »

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2011, 01:57:39 PM »
Apparently.  I recall reading that theyre still supposed to produce artifacts even after being exploited.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2011, 04:09:22 PM »
Im pretty sure I put up a bug report about this too, some weeks ago, running the newer versions 5.53 or so.

Parentheses around the artifacts numbers, none produced, unexplored ruins on the planet.

Offline Faber81

• Leading Rate
  • F
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2011, 07:30:47 PM »
I see. . .  Thanks for the answers everyone

Offline Mel Vixen

• Commander
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2011, 07:05:18 AM »
Ah. The ruins on Mars have been fully exploited by my engineers, didn't know that caused the ruins to disappear. That explains it then.
Guess I have to find some ruins on a planet, and don't touch them with engineers to get some alien artefact trade going, then.

Wait you are sure that you have ruins on Mars? Iirc the standart sol has no ruins at all.
"Share and enjoy, journey to life with a plastic boy, or girl by your side, let your pal be your guide.  And when it brakes down or starts to annoy or grinds as it moves and gives you no joy cause its has eaten your hat and or had . . . "

- Damaged robot found on Sirius singing a flat 5th out of t