Author Topic: Transferring tech gains between planets  (Read 1338 times)

Offline vonduus (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • This is your captain speaking
Transferring tech gains between planets
« on: November 04, 2013, 01:40:59 PM »
I made a mistake: Instead of shipping items of alien technology from the archaeological site where I found them to the planet where I do my research, I disassembled them on the spot. Now I have a lot of tech points on a planet that has no use of them, as there is only one research lab present, that I planned to ship home.

Is there a way to transport this knowledge back to my home planet?

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
Re: Transferring tech gains between planets
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 05:28:27 PM »
there is no way to move them unfortunately, also be careful with salvage data, there is no way to specify which planet in a system gets that.

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2013, 11:35:25 PM »
there is no way to move them unfortunately, also be careful with salvage data, there is no way to specify which planet in a system gets that.

I am fairly certain that there is a checkbox 'somewhere' that you can set to stop the salvager from downloading the tech information from wrecks to any planet it visits. So you can queue up orders, set this checkbox (maybe in the ships list screen?) and then once you get to your research destination just uncheck and do a move-to order.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 12:40:26 AM »
I am fairly certain that there is a checkbox 'somewhere' that you can set to stop the salvager from downloading the tech information from wrecks to any planet it visits. So you can queue up orders, set this checkbox (maybe in the ships list screen?) and then once you get to your research destination just uncheck and do a move-to order.
It is in hisotry/notes/techdata on the individual ships display, and I again don't think it lets you specify which planet.