Author Topic: Multi-Fraction Start on Earth: How to Setup?  (Read 1554 times)

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
Multi-Fraction Start on Earth: How to Setup?
« on: January 25, 2016, 05:01:04 PM »
Hi there,

I am a noob in Aurora - got here through the great Let's Plays from Quill and EE - and have already started to try to setup a multi-fraction game.  Yeah, maybe not the easiest way to figure this game out, I know now  ;).  But it worked (somehow).  However I wasn't able to make the players visible to each other.  They are setup as NonTN and all have space scanners.  But they can't see each other in spite of them being on the same planet.  When I testplay and launch the first spaceships they start recognizing each other - but before that - no way.  Is there a way to activate diplomacy in SpaceMaster mode somehow? When they know each other I can change the settings but I somehow can't make them known to each other in the first place.

So anybody knows how to do that?

Offline db48x

• Commodore
  • d
Re: Multi-Fraction Start on Earth: How to Setup?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 07:25:20 PM »
Give everyone a Deep-Space Tracking System?

Offline Haji

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 07:39:56 PM »
Unless you encountered some kind of bug, the only reason your nations wouldn't be able to spot one another is if they don't have tracking stations. Normally when you create a new race, they automatically have one at their homeworld. Now I know you said 'space scanners' but I'm not sure what you meant by that. If it's some kind of base with active sensors, it won't work - you can only detect a colony by passive sensors, which most of the time means tracking stations.

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 01:35:38 AM »
Quote from: db48x link=topic=8252. msg85296#msg85296 date=1453771520
Give everyone a Deep-Space Tracking System?
Yes, they have one (that is what I meant with 'space scanners').  If I start the time they will detect the other fractions and then I can modify the political relation.  But before that they don't see one another.

Offline Bryan Swartz

• Captain
  • B
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 01:39:55 AM »
I don't think there's any way to have them visible to each other before you run the first increment.  Out of curiosity, why do you want that to happen? 

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 02:43:15 AM »
I usually do a five second increment at the start of those kind of games to let the factions see each other before I really settle in to assignments an initial orders.

Offline TMaekler (OP)

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 12:36:47 PM »
Quote from: Bryan Swartz link=topic=8252. msg85308#msg85308 date=1453793995
I don't think there's any way to have them visible to each other before you run the first increment.   Out of curiosity, why do you want that to happen? 
I created a startup DB and tried to figure out from that by playing how things work.  I just wanted to start the different testgames with the same setup and did not want to setup every time anew the diplomacy connections  ;) But a 5sec jump at the beginning surely does not make a difference and all then works like a charm. . .  .