Author Topic: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread  (Read 92024 times)

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
Re: v1.13.0 Bugs Thread
« Reply #600 on: January 06, 2022, 04:09:11 PM »
It seems like sometimes researching a player created component doesnt stick.
You design it, get it to research guys, they complete it ( the message about finishing research project shows ) and the part is nowhere to be seen on either tech screen, production screen, ship design, loadout ( if missile ) etc.

EDIT : it seems to happen mostly to missiles.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 04:12:45 PM by GodEmperor »
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #601 on: January 06, 2022, 04:22:04 PM »
I have seen this happen on occasion, usually the research project seems to be found under an incorrect research category. However, I do not trust a bugged research project so my usual workaround is to just design the same component/missile again and it will usually be filed correctly the second time around.

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #602 on: January 09, 2022, 03:25:36 AM »
The numbers under Total Organization don't add up. I haven't done the math yet, but I'd say that some units belonging to this HQ, which are probably stuck on a transport out of fuel in godknowswhere, are included in the total. Is that by design?

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #603 on: January 09, 2022, 09:35:57 AM »
I think I remember seeing an earlier post that there is a bug where units in certain formations get counted twice. Can you correlate the numbers in the Complete Organization section with formations to see which one(s) might be doubled?

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #604 on: January 09, 2022, 09:05:56 PM »
I think I have already highlighted this and I don't remember if I have already received an answer.

Gauss Turrets appears for research under Energy Weapons and require an Energy Weapons scientist to be researched with a bonus.

I believe Gauss Turrets should be researched under kinetics weapons by a Missile and Kinetic Weapons Scientist.

SJW: Fixed for v2.0
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 06:55:05 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #605 on: January 09, 2022, 09:14:40 PM »
I think I have already highlighted this and I don't remember if I have already received an answer.

Gauss Turrets appears for research under Energy Weapons and require an Energy Weapons scientist to be researched with a bonus.

I believe Gauss Turrets should be researched under kinetics weapons by a Missile and Kinetic Weapons Scientist.

Should probably be in the suggestions thread, not the bugs thread. Currently it is this way because the turret gearing tech is an EW tech, probably when turrets were originally being added the expectation was to create laser turrets and this has stuck. However it would make more sense for the weapon type to determine research category.

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #606 on: January 09, 2022, 11:00:53 PM »
I think I remember seeing an earlier post that there is a bug where units in certain formations get counted twice. Can you correlate the numbers in the Complete Organization section with formations to see which one(s) might be doubled?
If you look at the numbers, you'll see that there is a lot of stuff *missing*, so it's not about that.

Offline ExChairman

• Bronze Supporter
  • Commodore
  • E
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
« Reply #607 on: January 10, 2022, 03:51:47 AM »
Uhu... My Corps supply units its on the move, only supply trucks in it, now its making a Kelly´s Heroes move, following their mechanoids in the breakthrough, I presume this is not the right move... Oh well thats okay if they doing a forward supply base.  ;D
Veni, Vedi, Volvo
"Granström"

Wargame player and Roleplayer for 33 years...

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #608 on: January 11, 2022, 03:58:31 AM »
The numbers under Total Organization don't add up. I haven't done the math yet, but I'd say that some units belonging to this HQ, which are probably stuck on a transport out of fuel in godknowswhere, are included in the total. Is that by design?
Yes, it's intended since the total here includes all the formations belonging to the HQ formation you have highlighted. While a formation cannot be split into multiple transports, a high-level HQ might control dozen formations that get put into dozen transports. So, while the information here might be slightly misleading in that it shows formations not currently present, it's also needed to show what formations are meant to be part of this higher HQ formation.

To make things easier for yourself, use transports big enough to move your standard formation in one go, and make bigger formations only when needed by planetary invasions once you're on the target body - that way you won't ever be confused/misled by this.

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #609 on: January 13, 2022, 11:53:39 AM »
I've checked the intercept bug mentioned in the QuestionsNWTOT, and it's indeed the moving-while-out-of-fuel status that causes problems.

1: Fleet sent to join & refuel the fleet going to Sol JP. Plotted course if quite off.

2: When move orders of the stationary fleet are removed, problem disappears.

3: Just to check, I've sent the fleet in the other direction. Intercepting fleet's course is off again, now in the opposite direction.

The following users thanked this post: Vandermeer

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
« Reply #610 on: January 16, 2022, 07:25:33 AM »
I have seen this happen on occasion, usually the research project seems to be found under an incorrect research category. However, I do not trust a bugged research project so my usual workaround is to just design the same component/missile again and it will usually be filed correctly the second time around.
It seems to "fix" itself if you shut down Aurora and restart the entire game. But yeah, i wouldnt trust that either.
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline nakorkren

• Lt. Commander
  • n
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #611 on: January 20, 2022, 09:13:24 PM »
I have an individual ship which reports having 0.4 of a cargo shuttle station in the transported items tab, but when I look at the fleet, it reports only having 0.2 of a cargo shuttle station. This should be impossible, obviously, since an individual ship can't carry more than the fleet is carrying as a whole, unless another ship is carrying negative cargo, but setting aside the silliness of negative cargo, this is the only ship in the fleet.

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #612 on: January 21, 2022, 03:36:30 AM »
I have an individual ship which reports having 0.4 of a cargo shuttle station in the transported items tab, but when I look at the fleet, it reports only having 0.2 of a cargo shuttle station. This should be impossible, obviously, since an individual ship can't carry more than the fleet is carrying as a whole, unless another ship is carrying negative cargo, but setting aside the silliness of negative cargo, this is the only ship in the fleet.
I've noticed a few times that the Transported tab reports stuff twice.

Offline Zook

• Commander
« Reply #613 on: January 21, 2022, 03:40:23 AM »
I have captured a ship with damaged active sensors. But apparently they are still active (circle on map, plus "A" status) and I can't switch them off.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #614 on: January 21, 2022, 09:13:50 AM »
I have captured a ship with damaged active sensors. But apparently they are still active (circle on map, plus "A" status) and I can't switch them off.
Known issue and fixed for 2.0