Author Topic: Sensor question?  (Read 1107 times)

Offline Jorgen_CAB (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Sensor question?
« on: November 21, 2012, 08:55:55 PM »
I had a strange battle were an enemy could somehow target my ships with no active sensors to track me. I had a scout very close to his ships and detected a resolution 20 sensor.. This had no range to my ships,far from it. I turned tail and started to run and they followed. They were able to keep pace since they were slightly faster than my ships. I never managed to detect any active sensors except the res 20 one. I'm also pretty sure they did not use active or passive sensors on their missiles. The first run the hit my TG when it were picketing in space with no sensors on and I do have decent passiveso I should detect any active on the missiles.

So any thought as to what was going on?

Offline Conscript Gary

• Lt. Commander
Re: Sensor question?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:48:29 PM »
Your intelligence guys estimated the range of his sensor based on your own tech.
His sensor tech is better than yours

Offline Jorgen_CAB (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 01:53:34 AM »
Yes, I'm pretty sure that his sensor tech is way better than mine. I just did'nt know that I could get false readings like that, it's pretty cool actually.

I survivevd with only one scoutship biting the dust anyway, but I was a little confused. Rightly so I guess. ;)

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 04:51:01 AM »
Your estimate of alien sensor is based on a guess because you can only detect the strength of the active element of his active sensors, not the EM element. I think the estimated range for aliens is based on an EM strength of 10.

Steve

Offline Jorgen_CAB (OP)

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 05:46:10 AM »
Ok, just strange I didn't notice this before. Probably because the estimated range had been very close to the real range.