Author Topic: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?  (Read 267307 times)

Offline GodEmperor

• Commander
Re: What's going on in your empire/planet/battlefield?
« Reply #1155 on: December 17, 2015, 04:10:56 AM »
I'm after like 4h RL intense military operation
my close to 1mil tonnage tech 4-5 fleet engaged and cleared almost 800kt fleet of Invaders
several capital and multiple smaller ships as well as marine units are down ,but enemy is no more
moreover 4 battered missile cruisers 33kt and one 17kt undamaged destroyer have been captured by brave marines ( I had equivalent of marine division on assault shuttles and specialized boarding crafts and used this in heat of battle )
and as a cherry on top I got like 1k prisoners  ;D
amount of salvage is tremendous and I expect to kick myself in many technologies a level or two ....

How did you get prisoners if Invaders dont leave lifepods ? Are they from boarding ?
."I am Colonel-Commissar Ibram Gaunt. I am known as a fair man, unless I am pushed.
You have just pushed me."

Offline sneer

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #1156 on: December 17, 2015, 04:48:33 AM »
Yes - boarding leave a message you get prisoners
however I did not find any notice about prisoners interrogation result ...
and there is no other prisoner option ...
so maybe it is something Steve did not noticed ;)
still they must be a nice victory parade element

final amount of salavage is possibly my personal record
200 engines 300 missile launchers 100+electronics
50+guns and turrets
I almost stripped SOL of certain minerals to build and upgrade later my fleet ( bastards wiped SOL in my last 2 games )
now many ships become obsolete again  ;D

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1157 on: December 17, 2015, 09:23:24 AM »
New game, humans on quadrinary system, conventional start.
Every colonizable planet is at least 60bkm far from my homeworld. Even with brand new nuclear thermal engines 'colonize everything!' option is not viable.

At least there are a lot of colonies...

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #1158 on: December 17, 2015, 10:50:53 AM »
The last quad system I saw had planets a few trillion m&ms from the center.
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #1159 on: December 17, 2015, 11:09:02 AM »
The last quad system I saw had planets a few trillion m&ms from the center.

That's a lot of chocolate.

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #1160 on: December 17, 2015, 11:18:01 AM »
Evidently my auto correct believes that m&ms are more important than kms .
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline GreatTuna

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #1161 on: December 17, 2015, 12:11:38 PM »
Trillions are trillions, but starting in a quad system like this is still a major pain.
Fortunately, rushing for internal confinement engines mitigated some damage: now my colony fleet requires 1 year to get to colonies instead of 3! I also started moving automines to this planet. It will supply me with minerals for the time being.

I wonder how that one NPR I created on start is doing. I haven't got a single interrupt for 40 years.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #1162 on: December 17, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »
March 2171

The Lalandians finished toying with Earths commercial fleet, and paid a brief visit to Earth.  Razing every structure within in sight.  Future explorers may someday stumble into a system with hundreds of wrecks and a burned out planet wondering what occurred to cause such destruction.

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #1163 on: December 17, 2015, 04:42:00 PM »
Our mysterious Sol-visiting neighbors, the Mijos Confederacy, from the direction of Ross 248 have stopped visiting. Once communications were established we disbanded the diplomatic team and sent them back to duties more important than improving relations with people we'll be conquering very soon anyway.

Only it turns out they're kind of difficult to find.  Now that they've stopped sending ships, the trail has dried up. We know that they were always arriving from Ross 248. And a hastily-erected listening post there suggested that they were arriving in Ross 248 by way of Teegarden's Star. We've searched a great distance in that direction, sometimes four to five jumps, and found nothing yet. The search continues.

The first-generation ICF-powered warships have been built, with a top speed of 10,000 kps. They're in TF training at present. Our first ICF-powered missiles have started rolling off the assembly line, though we still hope to integrate the Mijos into the empire using the earlier generation ammunition.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #1164 on: December 17, 2015, 07:47:23 PM »
Evidently my auto correct believes that m&ms are more important than kms .
Evidently your auto-correct knows was is important in life, lots and lots of CHOCOLATE.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #1165 on: December 22, 2015, 04:14:47 PM »
Solari Empire Update, 9 November 2066:

We have found them.

The home of the Mijos Dynasty is the Gliese 109 system, seven jumps and 13 billion km away from Sol. They've got about five dozen task groups squatting on the jump point, with thermal signatures of around 500 each.  They all open fire on my 8000-ton surveyor as it arrives. They're using guns that do 2 points of damage and don't penetrate armor. We're a little bit concerned about engaging them at point-blank range since we're armed exclusively with missiles, but since their opening volley didn't destroy the lightly armored surveyor, we expect our warships can endure the pounding until their launchers come online.

Fourth fleet, with the brand-new 10,000kps engines, has just finished training. They'll be on their way in a few weeks, when they're done with overhaul. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd are all good go go, but they only do 6,000 kps so they'd not get there much quicker than 4th anyway. Speed will count for a lot here, since we'll be looking to quickly extend past their gun range.

Their homeworld is a mere 33m km from the JP. This whole fight will take place at what might as well be point-blank range.

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #1166 on: December 23, 2015, 12:03:00 AM »
Another new 7.0 start. 

Decent resources, except mercassium, and corundium.  No other mercassium or corundium in Sol system [ouch]!  Shipping small amounts of corundium in from a nearby system, no decent mercassium found yet.

Sol has 7 star gates:  Proxima centauri, Barnards Star, Groombridge 34, Luhmen 16, Dx Cancri, YZ Ceti, Procyon.  Barnards Star has a stable wormhole, and a early survey craft was destroyed by unknown forces in Dx Cancri. 10 total colonies have been established in Sol, and 4 the Groombridge system.

March 2150, Decided to send a scout ship into Barnards Star, big mistake, the locals [Bar] didnt appreciate my appearance and quickly vaporized my scout ship.  3-[Bar] Phoenix Hawk class ships entered into Sol and proceeded to wreck some havoc with long range ASM.  12 civilian freighters, 3 [11,000T] missile frigates, and 3 [11,000t] AMM frigates were destroyed in the "fight".  Earth PDC and orbital platforms finally destroyed the 3 invaders.   

Offline Mastik

• Lieutenant
  • M
« Reply #1167 on: December 23, 2015, 12:11:08 AM »
[Bar]Phoenix Hawk:

Est tonnage:  17,300
Est Speed:  8901
Armor:  4
ECM:  70

Fires Strength 25 ASM @ 71000 km/s, no apparent point defenses.

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #1168 on: December 24, 2015, 01:46:07 PM »
Solari Empire update:

5 December 2068: The Mijos homeworld has been taken.

Turns out I was wrong about the Perdus Magnus being the original starting NPR. My exploration must have turned them up. Because the Mijos were definitely the original NPR: Among the surrendered ships was a grav survey craft with ~44 years in the field, surely one of their starting ships from January of 2025.

So there's at least one more NPR out there somewhere. After conquering the Perdus Magnus I spawned another. That other isn't the Mijos, so they're still out there somewhere, whoever they are.

Offline Jumpp

• Lieutenant
  • J
« Reply #1169 on: December 24, 2015, 01:54:04 PM »
Here's a puzzle: I see enemy ships arriving in Teegarden from Wolf 294. I know they're coming from wolf 294 because I've got DSTS in Teegarden and when these guys appear on thermals, they're on a direct line from the Wolf 294 JP to another JP. That's not 100% conclusive, but it seems like persuasive circumstantial evidence.

I've completely surveyed Wolf 294, and there's only one jump point. So when I see ships arriving fom Wolf 294, I figure they were grav surveyors in there to nose around. But, gosh, they seem to keep coming. Surely he's got that thing surveyed by now.

Later, I upgrade the DSTS in Teegarden. Now I've got complete coverage of all the JPs down to the signature of the Mijos survey ships. So I can be 100% certain of where these ships are coming from, and more ships are definitely coming from Wolf 294, including a warship. That wasn't in there to survey. The Mijos have got some kind of back door into Wolf 294.

I've heard about dormant JPs, and I figure what's happened here is the Mijos, through their exploration, have discovered a new JP to Wolf 294 since I surveyed it. I send grav surveyors back in and manually order them to check every grav survey location. They find nothing, so I have them do it again, in case I somehow missed one. Still nothing.

The mystery isn't solved until I capture their homeworld and get their map. Yes, they've created a new link to Wolf 294. The JP is near the primary, about 600m km away from the nearest survey point. I don't know why my grav surveyors missed it, since I don't know the details of grav survey. Should I expect them to find a JP that's 600mkm away from the point they're surveying?