Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 273189 times)

Offline Kirkegaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #870 on: July 21, 2020, 10:47:02 AM »
In "Research" in Economics no scientist are chosen as default, so you always have to chose one yourself.

I suggest that the first (often best) scientist is always chosen as default, so you don't get "Please select a scientist to lead the project" unless you actively remove the chosen scientist and do not chose a replacement.
If you chose "Matching Scientist Only" the new first one are chosen (if there are any).

This will also make it easier to use the arrows to navigate.

Offline Kirkegaard

• K
« Reply #871 on: July 21, 2020, 10:56:09 AM »
In Economics there are a number of sub-menus: Industry, Mining etc. I suggest the rather drastic step of either removing or "greying out" the options with no relevant actions. So if there are no Shipyards on a planet or an asteroid you can not chose Shipyard or Shipyard task on that body.

I think this could be applied to Shipyard, Shipyard Tasks, Research, GU training, Stockpiles and Ancient Constructs.

The following users thanked this post: Rince Wind, serger, skoormit

Offline Kirkegaard

• K
« Reply #872 on: July 21, 2020, 11:02:19 AM »
In naval organization - standing orders I suggest to either remove or "grey out" all options that the fleet cannot do.

So a basic fleet with one survey ship can't chose a order like "Load colonist"or "Build jumpgate" that it cannot perform.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 11:42:29 AM by Kirkegaard »

The following users thanked this post: serger, skoormit

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #873 on: July 21, 2020, 10:05:56 PM »
I request a continual slipway expansion option (like unto the continual capacity expansion order that currently exists) for shipyards, for purposes of expanding FAC production yards.

The following users thanked this post: skoormit

Offline Silverkeeper

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • S
« Reply #874 on: July 23, 2020, 02:24:36 AM »
Political stability falling should have consequences. Say for example riots, rival factions and maybe eventually independence.
In my current game I can just ignore it on luna because I have no installations there yet.

Static energy weapons should give PPV like they do when mounted on ships.

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #875 on: July 23, 2020, 03:19:28 AM »
It would be nice if STO weapons had same PPV value s if the weapon would be placed on ship or space station.

I think it was planed feature for colony to gain independence if stability gets too low. I suppose it was not implemented at the end.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #876 on: July 23, 2020, 03:52:04 AM »
Like with factors for research, exploration etc. it would be nice to also add a general factor to population reproduction. It feels somehow too quick a growth if one slows down everything else for a longer playtime, and then being overwhelmed by unemployed people do to too quick growth... .

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #877 on: July 23, 2020, 04:45:55 AM »
I have played around with automation of my empire and one thing I think would help allot with automation would be if we could use Order Templates for "Conditional Orders". If we could use that only our imagination would put limits on automation.

One thing that I definitely would like would be a "Send Message" conditional order. Let's say I have a refuelling station it can be difficult to know when it starts to run out of fuel, so I want it to send a message when it is at say 30% fuel or something telling me who is at low fuel so I can send a tanker there.

This would simplify some things as you don't have to continually look up these places in certain intervals.

I also think that we need orders for stay until cargo or tankers full order for all installation and fuel as well as minerals. I want my freighters to wait until they can fill all their cargo holds with auto-mines from the colony producing them. Or a tanker want to sit at the harvester until it can fill up their tanks entirely etc...

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline mike2R

• Lieutenant
  • m
« Reply #878 on: July 23, 2020, 05:08:28 AM »
It feels somehow too quick a growth if one slows down everything else for a longer playtime, and then being overwhelmed by unemployed people do to too quick growth... .

I had that my first few slow research games, but I've come to the conclusion it just meant I was underbuilding construction factories.  More factories mean more research labs, and enough research labs will soak up any amount of pop.  In my current game Earth is over 5 billion and I'm still constantly hurting for workers.

That said, adjustable pop growth would be cool.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #879 on: July 23, 2020, 05:27:05 AM »
An addition to civilian contracts: I tend to build small fleets of mineral harvesters that roam around to collect TN Minerals from the small planetoids etc. where a mining facility would be a waste of resources. So I was thinking: why not opening that up to the civilians? It should be possible to write out contracts for civilian mineral harvesting. Once a company accepts that they will mine that planet to the last gram of mineral and transport them to the planet where you ordered that contract from.

Offline Kamilo

• K
« Reply #880 on: July 23, 2020, 08:16:50 AM »
An addition to civilian contracts: I tend to build small fleets of mineral harvesters that roam around to collect TN Minerals from the small planetoids etc. where a mining facility would be a waste of resources. So I was thinking: why not opening that up to the civilians? It should be possible to write out contracts for civilian mineral harvesting. Once a company accepts that they will mine that planet to the last gram of mineral and transport them to the planet where you ordered that contract from.

That way you could reduce the massive amounts of corundium you need to operate such mining operations. To balance that out the civilian mining operation should be quite expensive. Then again you could use the saved ressources to build financial centers. Automines would lose their "need".

The following users thanked this post: TMaekler

Offline Droll

• Vice Admiral
  • D
« Reply #881 on: July 23, 2020, 11:25:19 AM »
Automines would lose their "need".

Well not really, civilian orbital mining would be constrained by the orbital mining size tech so larger bodies would still need it.

I guess you could extend the civilian mining operation feature and allow the player to fund civilian mines with immense wealth.

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #882 on: July 24, 2020, 01:48:07 AM »
Well not really, civilian orbital mining would be constrained by the orbital mining size tech so larger bodies would still need it.

I guess you could extend the civilian mining operation feature and allow the player to fund civilian mines with immense wealth.
I would definitely want to manage my bigger sources on my own. I mean, those civilians do cost a LOT... lol... ;-)

Offline Kamilo

• K
« Reply #883 on: July 24, 2020, 02:05:31 AM »
I got two suggestions regarding ground forces:

The ability to have reserves. You can build x amount of an element and they get "stored". You can use them to create a formation. It would be more or less like construction ship components and then use them to build the ships faster. That way you could be more flexible about formations and could train them faster.

The second suggestion is to be able to "repair and/or refit" formations. Losses could be filled with new elements to its previous hp. Refitting could be used to adapt to suit changing situations quickly. You could refit an already built formation to a different type of formation. For example switching from desert warfare to mountain warfare.

What do you think about these changes?

Offline esavier

• Petty Officer
  • e
« Reply #884 on: July 25, 2020, 06:39:25 AM »
It would be awesome to be able to share transported survivors between ships on the fleet, possibly also allowing all ships to average their transported crew vs their capacity, for example spreading survivors between ships to 20%(or whatever necessary) of ship capacity, including overcrowding
examples:
1:
survivors = 250
fleet = 2 ships A that can take 100 additional personnel and 1 ship B that can take 300, ships will share space in following fashion:
each of two ships A will take 50 (50% capacity)
1 ship B will take 150 (50% capacity)

2:
survivors = 750
fleet = 2 ships A that can take 100 additional personnel and 1 ship B that can take 300, ships will share space in following fashion:
each of 2 ships A will take 150 (150% capacity)
1 ship B will take 450 (150% capacity)

The following users thanked this post: mike2R