Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 266002 times)

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #900 on: July 31, 2020, 04:08:33 AM »
Are you certain you have the pre-requisitie techs?

I've ran into this with Active Sensors, when you tick off "Use Future Tech" it uses the best tech and automagically assigns it. So what was supposed to be an Active 10 / EM 5 future prototype became an Active 10 / EM 6 Future prototype.

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #901 on: July 31, 2020, 08:22:07 PM »
Add separation range on 2 stage missiles in the Missiles slide under Tech Overview window.

The following users thanked this post: Barkhorn, serger

Offline Breadabix

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #902 on: August 01, 2020, 06:37:38 PM »
So I noticed a few requests for a galactic map zoom function and I completely agree it is needed after discovering a lot of systems. Does anyone know if this is going to be added? Cheers

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #903 on: August 02, 2020, 12:11:59 AM »
Suggestion: Let us issue conditional orders to tugs based on the thing they're tugging.  So for example, I could automatically have a tug pull my mining platform along when the asteroid it's on runs out of minerals.

Follow-up: Let us issue custom conditional orders.  We already have order templates, let us hook them up to conditions.

The following users thanked this post: serger

Offline Froggiest1982

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #904 on: August 02, 2020, 03:27:30 AM »
Follow-up: Let us issue custom conditional orders.  We already have order templates, let us hook them up to conditions.
I am not entirely sure as now conditional orders have been made for the players and on player request as well, however the main function of the conditional orders were to make AI fleets to work including civilians. I am not sure a custom set of conditional orders would be either possible or anywhere simple to code.

Offline QuakeIV

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #905 on: August 02, 2020, 08:16:35 PM »
It would be nice if conditional orders were improved on to make them a little more like a programming language or somesuch, but I wouldn't personally go beyond expressing support for that kind of idea.  Seems nice, who knows if it will ever happen.

Offline Kirkegaard

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • K
« Reply #906 on: August 03, 2020, 04:57:30 AM »
How performance taxing would it be to update all open windows after each turn?

I feel like I'm spending quite a lot of clicks refreshing or closing and opening the same windows all the time.

Offline Elvin

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #907 on: August 03, 2020, 06:14:13 AM »

I feel like I'm spending quite a lot of clicks refreshing or closing and opening the same windows all the time.

It depends at what stage of the game you are at. A handful of windows do do at least partial refreshes on each new turn. If you keep the main Economy window open at game start, and leave on auto-turns, you can easily see the speedup gained by simply closing the window. It's up to a second or so per turn on my system. Screen re-drawing is fairly taxing to do. Of course, when turns start taking 30+ seconds a time, an extra second to redraw all the screens isn't going to be noticed.

The following users thanked this post: Kirkegaard

Offline Azuraal

• Petty Officer
  • A
« Reply #908 on: August 03, 2020, 07:15:16 AM »
Quote from: Kirkegaard link=topic=10640. msg139520#msg139520 date=1596448650

But at least for now, every window can be updated by reselecting your empire in the drop down menu which is probably slightly faster than closing and opening it.

The following users thanked this post: Kirkegaard

Offline Black

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • B
    2024 Supporter 2024 Supporter : Donate for 2024
« Reply #909 on: August 04, 2020, 01:23:07 PM »
Would it be possible to get ability to visualy interrupt jump lines on galactic map? For example I discover new conection between two systems that are on other sides of galactic map, so the line goes through five other jump lines and several star system icons. So I would like to turn such jump line into a stub that would end by for example smaller circle or arrow and text would be something like: To Alpha Centauri and from Alpha Centauri there would lead another stub that would have text that reads: To Sigma Draconis.

Something like on this Starfire map: http://www.baen.com/images/Imperative/map1_HR.jpg

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #910 on: August 04, 2020, 03:21:51 PM »
Suggestion: Add the next techs to the list after creating a research project, so we can queue them all up.  Like for example, if I create a project for Missile Launcher Reload 4, add Missile Launcher Reload 5 to the list so I can add it to the MK scientist's queue.

Related suggestion: Only interrupt auto-increment when a tech finishes if that scientist has no more techs queued up.

The following users thanked this post: Vastrat

Offline Dreadder

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #911 on: August 05, 2020, 09:06:00 AM »
It would be nice if we could add and replenish crews in space - using either shuttle modules or a special crew shuttle.

Replenishing crew casualties on space stations guarding jump points would become MUCH easier, because currently the only way to do it, at least to my knowledge, is to tug them back to the colony. Another possible application would be to transfer crews between ships in fleet, for instance, when one ship is badly damaged and has to be left behind for repairs, while the main fleet could use few extra hands due to casualties but can otherwise press the attack/continue with their mission. Another possibility would be to rotate crews on long duration missions, though there's already a recreational module for space stations for that particular case.

Edit: Another use for crew shuttles could also be to transfer survivors from one ship to another - for instance when the first ship on site picks them up and then later transfers them to the dedicated rescue ship or colony ship when it arrives, in order to avoid overcrowding.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2020, 09:10:54 AM by Dreadder »

Offline skoormit

• Commodore
« Reply #912 on: August 05, 2020, 10:05:25 AM »
I would like to be able to configure auto-turn interrupt conditions for individual fleets based on the fleet's sensor observations.

For example, right now I have a sensor fleet observing a jump point at which the enemy has camped a lot of ships.
If any of those ships move away from the jump point, I want to stop auto-turns and react.
This means I have to manually observe the tactical map and turn auto-turns off myself.
Which means I have to choose a shorter increment length than I otherwise would, since my own reaction will stop time at least one increment after the observation.

I would like to be able to configure my sensor fleet such that an auto-turn interrupt is triggered if it observes any enemy ships moving away from the jump point.

A robust feature would perhaps provide options to limit the interrupts by other parameters: a list of ship classes, observed speed, total tonnage, class characteristics, etc.

But for now, a simpler per-fleet option (interrupt auto turns if any enemy ships are observed in motion) would suffice.

The following users thanked this post: Barkhorn

Offline Barkhorn

• Commodore
  • B
« Reply #913 on: August 06, 2020, 01:56:47 PM »
Here's an idea to make replenishing losses in ground unit formations simpler.  Add a new type of unit that can be consumed just like supplies.  This unit would be consumed in the field to replace losses, analogous to MSP being spent to repair damaged parts in ships.  This way we don't have to personally manage building tons of each kind of unit just so we can have spares to dole out after a battle.  I mean, if a ship gets hit and a beam fire control is blown up, we don't have to queue up a beam fire control production job to fix it.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #914 on: August 06, 2020, 06:28:07 PM »
A template constructor for creating large formations out of smaller ones.

I model everything from the company level, so making even a single division-sized unit is a major hassle. It would be nice if I could just make a division template out of my company formations and have it pop out fully formed and ready to go.

The following users thanked this post: papent, Barkhorn