Author Topic: Update on Progress (Post-release)  (Read 37883 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Update on Progress (Post-release)
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2020, 09:03:03 AM »
Quick update. Invaders are now implemented, using the Aether Rifts described in the change log. I'm going to set up a new campaign to test them, as I have made some other NPR changes as well.

It will likely be a week or two before the next release so I have time to do that testing. There are no game-breaking bugs in 1.9.5, at least so far. The worst is the 'all roads lead to Sol' bug in Random Stars and that does have a semi-workaround.

The following users thanked this post: MinuteMan, Kof, SpikeTheHobbitMage, Mastik, Bubbaisagod, Warer, UberWaffe, Migi, Mastapasta, Gabrote42

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2020, 04:35:12 PM »
The v1.10 release will not happen in the next few days. The Isle of Man government has opened campsites so we are away for the weekend. I'll be aiming for late next week instead.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2020, 09:55:18 AM »
v1.10.0 is out. I'll be available to fix bugs tonight and tomorrow and then I am away for a couple of days, so I hope anything major will be sorted out by then.

The Age of the Motorhome is finally here :) so we are spending weekends away from home (and PC). This means that work on Aurora is going to become somewhat weather-dependent

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 02:35:56 PM »
The 1.11.0 release will be tomorrow morning.

Three triple gins is not an ideal accompaniment to bug-fixing, so probably best to leave it until tomorrow :)  Glorious evening though here on the Isle of Man.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2020, 11:28:52 AM »
As there are no game-breaking bugs in v1.11, I'm taking a short break from Aurora to play other games for the first time in several months.

I should be back fixing bugs next week. In the meantime, RogueTech is calling :)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2020, 05:25:23 PM »
I'm going to be away for a few days so I won't be working on Aurora and I probably won't be posting on the forum. I'll be back on Monday.

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2020, 04:56:21 AM »
I've fixed a lot of bugs this weekend and started adding some new features for v.1.12, so I think things are back to normal after my recent hiatus. Any gaps now should be motorhome-related :)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 11:44:52 AM »
I haven't been active for a few days so I thought I would give an update.

v1.12 won't be out for at least a couple of weeks. While there is not very much left to do - a little testing and bug fixing - it's just a lack of time. I've a family holiday coming up and I have been spending quite a lot of time on my latest hobby of share trading :)

However, once I get back from holiday I will make finishing v1.12 my main priority, so I hope to have a release done by mid-October at the latest (2-4 weeks).

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2020, 07:29:54 AM »
v1.12 Patch is out today. I haven't tackled everything in the bug list, but I have done most of them. I am on leave all next week, so I wanted to get the patch out when I had plenty of time to tackle any problems.