Author Topic: Questions about Task Group Orders (F12 screen)  (Read 3775 times)

Offline sloanjh (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Questions about Task Group Orders (F12 screen)
« on: March 14, 2010, 07:50:21 PM »
This FAQ is for questions about giving Tasks Groups orders, which will typically occur through the F12 screen.

Offline sloanjh (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
Re: Questions about Task Group Orders (F12 screen)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 07:54:07 PM »
"I keep double-clicking on an order, but it won't go into the orders list.  What's going on?"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The actual correct way to give an order is to highlight the location at which you want the order to be executed, highlight the order that you want to be executed, add any additional information (such as which team to pick up or how many units of minerals to load), then hit the "Add Move" button in the lower left corner.   Don't feel bad if you missed this - the double-click feature was added later as a convenience for common orders.  Unfortunately, it's been added to so many orders that new users get the impression that that's how you add an order and don't notice the Add Move button when it doesn't work.

Offline sloanjh (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 07:57:21 PM »
"I want to give my TG an order that involves some location (such as a waypoint, moon, lifepods, contact, ....) but I don't see that location on the list of System Locations Available - what do I do?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you look at the first tab of the F12 screen, you'll see a bunch of checkboxes near the top of the tab.  These are filters which control what's displayed in the available locations list.  You need to make sure that the type of location that you're interested in is clicked.

Offline sloanjh (OP)

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2010, 08:00:55 PM »
"I've highlighted a location at which I want to give an order, but the order I want doesn't show up in the "Actions Available" list.  What's wrong?"
---------------------------------------------------------
If you look at the "System Location Display Options" checkboxes on the 1st tab of the F12 screen, you should see one that's checked (off to the right) called "Order Filtering On".  When this is checked, Aurora only displays orders that make sense for a particular location.  For example, if you've got your homeworld selected an you want to pick up automines, but there aren't any automines on your homeworld (because they're in the process of being built), then "load automines" won't show up as a potential order if this box is checked.  Unchecking the box will display all potential orders, such as "load automines".