Author Topic: Out of neutronium, civilian ships not being built  (Read 1831 times)

Offline Automatedminion (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • A
Out of neutronium, civilian ships not being built
« on: June 15, 2013, 04:20:12 AM »
In my new game, I've run out of neutronium, and have no way to build freighters.   Meanwhile, even though I've offered massive subsidies, no civilian freighters have been built--and there aren't even any civilian ship designs, yet.

Is there any way out of this mess, without resorting to Spacemaster?

Offline TheRowan

• Chief Petty Officer
Re: Out of neutronium, civilian ships not being built
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 04:28:40 AM »
I can't think of an easy way out. . .  even if you can get Civillian ships, they won't transport minerals, so you'll still be stuck.

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 04:30:24 AM »
I know, but I was hoping to maybe, one day, eventually, build a freighter on Mercury, after moving enough automated mines and infrastructure from earth.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 05:00:50 AM »
If you have the mineral on another planet in the system and even 1 freighter, drop some automines and a mass driver there. Or you can put in civilian contracts to move it if the line has a freighter.

If there is no neutronium anywhere in the system, you are boned without SM mode.

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 05:15:26 AM »
It's early in the game, and I only have one geosurvey ship--no freighters.   There is plenty of unmined neutronium on Mercury.

Offline SpikeTheHobbitMage

• Bug Moderators
  • Commodore
  • S
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2013, 12:20:04 PM »
Civilian ships aren't built at all until you have at least one colony, so subsidizing them now will just go to hookers and blow dividends.(1)  Just marking a planet as colonized isn't enough, either.  Shipping 1-30 Inf(2) is sufficient to start things, but you must have a freighter of your own to do this.  A ship order by itself isn't enough.

In short, you are boned.

1) Only subsidize if they have less than $2000.  Do not get them wet.  Do not expose them to sunlight.  Do not feed them after midnight.
2) 1 inf if they build a freighter first, as you can then hire the rest.  20 inf if they build a small colonizer first, 30 if they build a large one.  The colony must have more infrastructure than is needed for a full load of people before a colonizer will actually deliver people the first time.  Whether they build a colonizer or a freighter first is random.

Offline sonofliberty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • s
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »
Call me a cheater, but in that situation I would sm myself 1 freighter. What did you do with your build points anyway? I always use mine for geo and JP surveyors, freighters, colony ships, and 1 jump-gate construction ship. I put off doing naval construction until my economy is right.

Offline Nathan_

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Commodore
  • N
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2013, 03:39:57 PM »
If you have a mass driver on earth, and a colony somewhere else(it can be just infrastructure on the moon if you have any), a way out of this without using SM is to wait for a CMC to pop up on a rock that meets the minimum CMC requirement(enough duranium/sorium to start up) and a source of neutronium.

Have you used your Fast OOB points yet?

Do you have any designs like the missile complex? if so you can make a freighter design that doesn't need neutronium by copying that design, changing it to a ship, filling in the components and not updating the armor.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 03:44:49 PM by Nathan_ »

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2013, 04:02:11 PM »
How do I use 'fast oob points'?

Offline Brian Neumann

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »
when you start a new trans-newtonian start there is are some points saved based on your starting population.  To access them you need to be in sm mode.  Go to the initial menu bar and under the spacemaster pulldown there are several choices.  Near the bottom is one for "Fast OB Creation" (shift-F9).  Pick the task force you want the ships in, then select a ship that you have already designed.  Pick how many of the class you want and on the bottom right will be the total build cost.  In theory you should not build more than the build points that are listed below.  That is strictly a convention as there is nothing to prevent making a huge fleet.  I actually do use this to make entire battlefleets on occassion when I am testing out a battle concept.  Basically the equivilent of the wargaming that a compotent fleet design bureau would perform before building a new ship class.

Brian

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2013, 04:49:12 PM »
Is there a way for me to just drop 30 inf on Mercury?  Figured it out.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 05:52:07 PM by Automatedminion »