Author Topic: What dark ritual do I need to perform to get Recreational Facilities working?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline MJ266 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
Hi,

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else in the forum but all I've been able to find is people saying what the Rec Mod does and any issue with them seems to magically fix itself when it feels like it.

The current issue I'm facing is I have 10 Terra-forming platforms around a planet with 3 Recreational stations and the deployment clock is still going up.  I've ensured that the planet they are orbiting is a colony and that it's not the lack of engines on the stations as I've also parked a fleet in orbit to test this and their deployment counter is also going up.

So does anyone know of a stable way to make sure that Rec Mods actually do what they're meant to do or are they just bugged to hell? Obviously this isn't having any mechanical impact at the moment as the Terra-forming stations don't suffer from moral loss, but I do want to employ Rec Mods in a military capacity where it would matter.

Offline alex_brunius

• Vice Admiral
For all other effects that in some way impact capabilities of colonies/bodies you need to ensure that the TG has recieved a move order to the body for it to work.

For example using join fleet will not have the effect of the TG applied on the body. ( same with terraforming ships, harvesters and so on ).

Offline MJ266 (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
Ok, after you reply I've gone in and played around a bit and it looks like the reason was that the platforms didn't have any engines.  Once I'd SM'd in some to the design and given them fuel the rec mods started to do their job.

Thanks for the pointers.