Author Topic: Odd NPR Relations  (Read 1385 times)

Offline Tarnak (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • T
Odd NPR Relations
« on: August 30, 2011, 11:26:30 PM »
Originally, I found a planet that was surprisingly Earth-like.  Sent in a team to confirm my expectations - An NPR.  Relations started out fine and I left the area lest I anger them.  Some months later communications failed and I started amping my military to grind them into the ground1.  The strange thing is. . .  after I'd crushed their military, bombarded their ground defenses into nothing and took out their orbital things2 they became suddenly quite friendly towards me.  Their diplomatic rating is above 300 and climbing.  I've yet to invade, though I do have an empty colony on planet to land troops at.

What's with this NPR? Shouldn't it theoretically be seething with rage or have they surrendered and not told me about it?

1: First time I've actually failed the communicate with one
2: I've no other term for them, they have very short range weapons, are immobile and have a decent CIWS.  I think they're stations but they're tiny if so.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Odd NPR Relations
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 11:31:28 PM »
they became suddenly quite friendly towards me.  Their diplomatic rating is above 300 and climbing. 

How do you know it's 300?  If you're getting it from the diplomacy screen (I forget the name - think it's ctrl-F4), then IIRC that's the attitude of YOUR population towards them.  In other words, now that you've mercilessly crushed them, your civies are agitating that the poor oppressed creatures are actualy someone you should make friends with.  To confirm this, you should be able to give them trading rights (at 100).

The way to tell that they like you is if they offer you a trade treaty - that means that their attitude towards you is at least 100.

John

Offline Tarnak (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 11:36:05 PM »
Ahh OK, that makes much more sense.  Thanks.

Surprising amount of pity coming from my populous, the rating is growing by 4 points a week.

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 08:37:26 AM »
Ahh OK, that makes much more sense.  Thanks.

Surprising amount of pity coming from my populous, the rating is growing by 4 points a week.

They've probably got a high-rate diplomacy team directed at you.

John

Offline Tarnak (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • T
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 08:43:17 AM »
How does that work when communication is impossible? Still the same as normal?