Author Topic: v2.0.2 Bugs Thread  (Read 10409 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: v2.0.2 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2022, 09:13:37 AM »
The function number: #1170 and #1550 at startup, followed by #3056 at the main screen when I zoom in or out (sometimes, not always). Occasionally the 3056 is followed by a #1618.

The complete error text:

1170: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

1550/3056: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

1618: Collection was modified, enumeration operation may not execute.

Somehow you have five comets and twenty-two asteroids for a system that doesn't exist. That shouldn't be possible without something odd happening to the database because deleting a system in-game would delete the associated system bodies. Have you deleted anything from the database manually, or are you running a mod, or have you deleted a system in-game (and if so, how)?

I've added some code to handle this situation, but I would like to know how it happened if possible.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2022, 10:01:17 AM »
If you have more naval ranks than ground commander ranks, you won't be able to promote a ground commander to any new ground commander ranks you add.

From what I see in the database, it seems that when you add a new ground commander rank, the game is changing the Priority value of the existing ground commander ranks based on the highest Priority of all ranks, rather than of only ground commander ranks.

SJW: Unable to reproduce
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 07:45:55 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2022, 12:34:11 PM »
Is it a bug that parent ground HQ commanders don't give their production bonus to subordinate construction vehicle formations? (2.0.2)

I have 5 formations of ground construction vehicles, each with an HQ. When I assign a commander with a 30% production bonus to one of those HQs, I can see in the industry tab of the planet that the vehicles are now producing more BP.
But when I assign that commander to the 25k HQ that is in charge of those 5 formations, then the vehicles don't get any BP bonus from it.

Maybe I'm missing something about how ground HQ chain of commands work, but I didn't see an info post about it in the C# changelist megathread.

Edit:
Found a minor typo, the game says "Subartic" instead of "Subarctic".
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 02:31:41 PM by Destragon »

Offline Warer

• Lieutenant
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2022, 01:22:40 PM »
Single Weapon BFCs limit to one weapon isn't respected by Auto Assign FC. I tested it by manually dragging and dropping and the pop up that tells you you can't assign more than one weapon to an SW BFC appeared.

SJW: Fixed for v2.1
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 09:24:00 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2022, 07:46:25 PM »
After attempting to attack a spoiler race, I lost all fighters from a carrier. From that point on, my carrier could not move.

I tried deleting all empty squadrons, multiple types of move orders, dividing the ship out of the fleet, SM teleport to Earth, and reloading the game. Nothing will get my ship moving again. It claims to have it's full movement speed, but never goes anywhere.

In the included DB file, the ship in question is the CV-01 SFS Warrior (in a fleet of the same name) now orbiting Earth. It is attempting to refuel and will never succeed.

SJW: There is no DB in the included file - file size is 0.06 KB.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 09:32:27 AM by Steve Walmsley »
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2022, 07:54:31 PM »
If you have multiple NPR's on earth on start, they often bankrupt themselves by endlessly building combat ships, construction factories and mines. I've had about 3 starts and this happened each time.

And since they build more warships than their maintenance facilities can support, they are stuck on earth and wont go out to explore & expand.

is there anything I could do to unstuck the A.I from their suicidal development plan?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2022, 08:38:20 PM by Marski »

Offline pwhk

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • p
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2022, 09:56:56 PM »
I got errors #1957, #1948, #1953, #460 on start, then #2147 every turn in this save.
In foreign relation window, "UK" does not show up in either "China" or "Japan" races.
I suspect it is because I named one of the factions as "UK" that is too short  :-\

SJW: What are the error messages (the text) ?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 09:33:38 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Lornalt

• Petty Officer
  • L
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2022, 12:03:25 AM »
Unable to Award Medals to Admin Commander via Fleet Organization Window

Selected Admin Command -> Award Medal -> Select Awardees (Admin Commander and so on) -> Confirm award -> Everyone selected except Admin Commander gets award.

I'm I doing things wrong or is this a bug?

SJW: Fixed for v2.1
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 09:46:39 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline Destragon

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2022, 06:40:14 AM »
There's something weird about fleet training. I and someone else on the Discord noticed that ships that are kept in a training naval admin end up with massively negative training values as soon as their deployment time is exceeded and their morale is dropping. It happened to me with ships that have a 6 month deployment time.
Is this a bug or are you not supposed to have fleets exceed deployment time while training?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2022, 07:45:26 AM »
If you have more naval ranks than ground commander ranks, you won't be able to promote a ground commander to any new ground commander ranks you add.

From what I see in the database, it seems that when you add a new ground commander rank, the game is changing the Priority value of the existing ground commander ranks based on the highest Priority of all ranks, rather than of only ground commander ranks.

I can't reproduce this. Adding a new ground rank works fine, regardless of the number of naval ranks. The priorities are set correctly and saved correctly to the database. I've gone through the code line by line and it only changes the rank priorities for the chosen rank type. Do you definitely have an existing ground rank selected when you added the new ground rank?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2022, 08:28:16 AM by Steve Walmsley »

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2022, 08:24:07 AM »

I can't reproduce this. Adding a new ground rank works fine, regardless of the number of naval ranks. The priorities are set correctly and saved correctly to the database. I gone through the code line by line and it only changes the rank priorities for the chosen rank type. Do you definitely have an existing ground rank selected when you added the new ground rank?

The database had the types of the new ranks correct, it just had the Priority wrong.
This was done using the Netherlands theme for rank names.
Maybe there's something specific about how the Netherlands theme is set up?

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2022, 08:27:36 AM »
Beam fire controls that are set to open fire and are then destroyed in combat do not cease their firing, resulting in forced 5-second intervals until damage controls repairs the fire control or you scuttle the damaged ship. The button on the miscellaneous tab of the tactical menu to cease fire all ships does not cease fire of destroyed fire controls.

I would assume this applies to missile fire controls also, though I haven't tested them explicitly.

There is something else going on here, as there is code to prevent the above. Its very common for fire controls to be destroyed while they are set to open fire, so if this was a general error it would be reported a lot. Can you provide more detail about the incident when this happened and how the fire control was destroyed?

Offline boolybooly

• Lieutenant
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2022, 09:45:49 AM »
Order list is wiped if you tractor the last ship in a fleet using 'tractor any ship in fleet' order.

e.g. I set a tug to move 3 missile platforms from Moonstone Fleet in deepspace to Amethyst Fleet in Earth orbit.

I set the order once then used repeat orders x2 to move all three platforms and added a refuel and resupply order at Earth for the tug.

The tug moved two missile platforms to Amethyst correctly, then on tractoring the third and final platform it stopped in its tracks because it had no orders left. The order to release the tractored ship to Amethyst had vanished along with the refuel and resupply order.

Events notified the tug had completed orders.

I would guess its something about tractoring the last ship in a fleet, which causes the fleet to vanish, maybe before the tractor order is removed so the order list would become unintelligible, as it refers to a fleet which no longer exists. Something like that. I have seen it a few times now so replicable I feel sure. Probably already reported but you never know.

Offline Coleslaw

• I got the Versacis on, stop playin'!
  • Warrant Officer, Class 2
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2022, 10:27:20 AM »
Beam fire controls that are set to open fire and are then destroyed in combat do not cease their firing, resulting in forced 5-second intervals until damage controls repairs the fire control or you scuttle the damaged ship. The button on the miscellaneous tab of the tactical menu to cease fire all ships does not cease fire of destroyed fire controls.

I would assume this applies to missile fire controls also, though I haven't tested them explicitly.

There is something else going on here, as there is code to prevent the above. Its very common for fire controls to be destroyed while they are set to open fire, so if this was a general error it would be reported a lot. Can you provide more detail about the incident when this happened and how the fire control was destroyed?

The situation surrounding the destruction wasn't entirely unique unfortunately. Just a battle between a wing of FACs and a few Aether Raiders. I looked back through the event logs for that in-game date and noticed that the 5-seconds didn't immediately begin after the destruction of the fire-control, just very shortly after it so that might be my mistake. However, regardless, the game stopped being interrupted as soon as I scuttled the ship, which makes me think maybe an enemy ship had targeted my FAC that couldn't shoot at it, whether due to the enemy's weapons being destroyed or them being out of range, but not clearing the target for some reason. My FAC design mounts particle beams and just uses its speed to stay out of range of the enemy (usually) so maybe it kept coming in and out of the enemy fire control ranges during the one second sub pulses and the AI couldn't properly target/detarget?

That's all I can really add unfortunately. I'll try to test further and see if there's a way to recreate it but I'm not a bug sleuth like some of the people on this forum.  :)

Offline Aloriel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2022, 10:46:49 AM »
After attempting to attack a spoiler race, I lost all fighters from a carrier. From that point on, my carrier could not move.

I tried deleting all empty squadrons, multiple types of move orders, dividing the ship out of the fleet, SM teleport to Earth, and reloading the game. Nothing will get my ship moving again. It claims to have it's full movement speed, but never goes anywhere.

In the included DB file, the ship in question is the CV-01 SFS Warrior (in a fleet of the same name) now orbiting Earth. It is attempting to refuel and will never succeed.

SJW: There is no DB in the included file - file size is 0.06 KB.
Let's try that again... DB *included* this time. Sorry about that.
Sarah
Game Developer in Unity and UE4 and 5