Author Topic: 7 Dictators Community Game  (Read 31712 times)

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
Re: 7 Dictators Community Game
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »
Colonies appear to have no fighter/ordnance production capability. Intentional?

EDIT: Colonies have no protection value, and no garrison. Production is going to drop for a bit at least. Intentional?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:22:56 PM by Nightstar »

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 07:36:38 PM »
That was intentional based on the minor backstory for this setting, however if you guys want I'll happily add them in. I know I forgot Ground Force Training Facilities
Australia, home of the over-paid minion

I play Eve! Message Suzanne Winters for a friend :D

Offline Shininglight

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2013, 08:20:38 PM »
The file isn't working, it says that no races have been created and i can't even go into system view.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 10:02:01 PM by Shininglight »
Admiral Damien James Winter, Defender of the Proxima Gate.

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2013, 08:31:52 PM »
Wellllllll...

My problem isn't really that the colonies don't have those factories. It does reduce design diversity a bit, few colonies are going to want to be dependent on Earth for their fleets to keep functioning. My problem isn't even that Sol has a major advantage. My problem is that Earth could take all five colonies. At once. It would probably be a stalemate due to defensive advantage, but one colony holds a majority of military potential. Any conflict between border admirals has to go through Sol, which just isn't going to let that happen. Sol can't be forced to back down either.

About the only internal military conflict possible is a total war between the colonies and Sol. Since we can't control commercial stuff, the only other thing to do is fight whatever you throw at us. This will be interesting enough to play out anyway, but it's not the game I thought I was getting into. The admirals can't be considered equals with such imbalance in power.

New file is working fine for me btw. Did you get the one from mediafire Shining?

Offline Cripes Amighty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 08:46:22 PM »
You have some good points Nightstar, but I think that was somewhat of the idea. The biggest thing is that Sol can't expand. So it's going to have a huge upperhand in the beginning, but as time moves on, the colonies will grow in strength. This way everyone is forced to stick together at first, but eventually there will be the option of revolting. But I do see your points.

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2013, 09:43:19 PM »
Excellent points, Nighstar, but as Cripes said part of the idea is for Sol to be the powerful capital of space at first before declining, and there's no reason for Sol to attack the colonies -yet-. I also think you'll be able to find ways into each others territories via JP's in secondary systems.

Having said that, this is as much your game as mine. I'll give the colonies some Fighter and Ordanace factories when i get home from work. Do you want  me to connect the six colonies by JP's?

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2013, 11:05:24 PM »
Giving the colonies the same mil factories relative to Sol as they have SYs/construction factories makes me happy. :) That puts sol at 3-4 times the mil production of a colony. While that's totally not what I was expecting, it's okay. Six times the production, I'd try to trade up to vice admiral of Sol. It'd be more power.

Connecting the colonies isn't really needed, especially if you'll make other connections pop up over time.

Offline dgibso29

• Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2013, 11:33:05 PM »
Acting as a representative of the Admiralty of Epsilon Indi, I'd like to officially veto the idea of linking the colonies via JPs. The Sol connection will suffice. We also support upping the production capabilities of the colonies.
Regards,
Vice Admiral Gibson

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2013, 03:20:55 AM »
So, all colonies now have 200 Ordnance Factories, 100 Fighter Factories and 10 GFTF. I won't connect via JP's, and I'm going to leave the Shipyards as is for the moment. The Colonies are meant to work up from scratch, essentially, to ensure early-game friendliness but setting the stage for late-game rivalries ('You! You didn't send us that Sorium we desperately needed!'). Also gives the Admirals the chance to grow the Colony the way they want, rather than you all having cloned, ready-to-fight Colonies

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2013, 04:12:36 AM »
Wow, seems like Epsilon Indi kind of got the short end of the stick with regards to minerals, especially compared to Alpha Centauri. But, that's more of a reason to want to grow pretty quickly. And, of course, Harvest probably produces most of the food for you mooks. It's Harvest, after all.
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2013, 04:16:35 AM »
Planet minerals were set, everything else was random for both RP and realism reasons. If it gets too bad, and everyone agrees, I'll bump up the minerals, but I reckon you should all work together to expand and get everyone set up first and foremost :)

Offline icecoldblood

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2013, 04:29:46 AM »
Wow, seems like Epsilon Indi kind of got the short end of the stick with regards to minerals, especially compared to Alpha Centauri. But, that's more of a reason to want to grow pretty quickly. And, of course, Harvest probably produces most of the food for you mooks. It's Harvest, after all.

While Alpha Centauri has craploads of minerals, Reach itself only has Neutronium and Corundium. The accessibilities on the other planet aren't exactly spectacular either. Its going to take awhile before I can consider Alpha Centauri self-sufficient. Now if those Geosurvey teams can bump up the accessibilities...

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2013, 04:43:14 AM »
While Alpha Centauri has craploads of minerals, Reach itself only has Neutronium and Corundium. The accessibilities on the other planet aren't exactly spectacular either. Its going to take awhile before I can consider Alpha Centauri self-sufficient. Now if those Geosurvey teams can bump up the accessibilities...

You sure? I SM'd Reach (and all colonies) to have 100k of EVERY mineral

Offline icecoldblood

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2013, 05:10:01 AM »
You sure? I SM'd Reach (and all colonies) to have 100k of EVERY mineral

I meant minerals in the planet, not on the planetary stockpile.

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2013, 05:25:15 AM »
Ah. ignore me then :D