Author Topic: 7 Dictators Community Game  (Read 31718 times)

Offline 3_14159

• Registered
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • ?
Re: 7 Dictators Community Game
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2013, 11:23:51 AM »
Well, as Earth's Admiral I'm of course in favour of everything that makes the game funnier... aham, I mean strengthens the rightful supremacy of earth itself!  ;)

Now, an additional design I've made, made for rescuing the survivors of possible accidents: The Lifeboat lifeboat. I propose stationing one or two on each planet in case of emergencies.

Code: [Select]
Lifeboat class Courier    500 tons     12 Crew     90 BP      TCS 10  TH 90  EM 0
9000 km/s     Armour 1-5     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/0     Damage Control Rating 1     PPV 0
Maint Life 22.9 Years     MSP 112    AFR 2%    IFR 0%    1YR 0    5YR 6    Max Repair 45 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 4 months    Spare Berths 0   
Cryogenic Berths 200   
90 EP Ion Drive (1)    Power 90    Fuel Use 209.43%    Signature 90    Exp 15%
Fuel Capacity 100,000 Litres    Range 17.2 billion km   (22 days at full power)
This design is classed as a Fighter for production, combat and maintenance purposes

Additionally, two changes: First, set crew training level to five. Crew training is important, I guess.
Second: Quaoar in the lower left sector and an are one billion kilometre in radius is designated military exclusion zone due to trainings and exercises conducted there in the future.

Offline dgibso29

• Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2013, 12:00:34 PM »
And who exactly controls these ships? Earth sector?

Offline 3_14159

• Registered
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • ?
« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2013, 01:15:28 PM »
I'll control mine, sure. Other than that, I'd say the one who built them, which probably will be you ;-)

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2013, 01:25:54 PM »
So, I was writing a private correspondence just now and I realized something. We haven't actually established which admirals have seniority to whom, and if we're going to just go off the list in the database file... Well, I rank everyone. While I'm okay with this, given that Epsilon Indi is somewhat of the ass end of the colonies, and Sol's admiral is like... Fourth, I think we should probably agree on something regarding this.

Also, the lifeboat's a good idea. I've been designing my ships to maintain some SAR capabilities of their own, but the courier's a good little bird. Now if only we had hangars or at least boat bays to store them in.
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus

Offline dgibso29

• Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2013, 01:28:39 PM »
Now if only we had hangars or at least boat bays
*cough*Maharavahelpusouthere*cough

Offline Cripes Amighty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2013, 01:32:33 PM »
So, I was writing a private correspondence just now and I realized something. We haven't actually established which admirals have seniority to whom, and if we're going to just go off the list in the database file... Well, I rank everyone. While I'm okay with this, given that Epsilon Indi is somewhat of the ass end of the colonies, and Sol's admiral is like... Fourth, I think we should probably agree on something regarding this.

Also, the lifeboat's a good idea. I've been designing my ships to maintain some SAR capabilities of their own, but the courier's a good little bird. Now if only we had hangars or at least boat bays to store them in.

I'm pretty sure the whole idea is that everyone is of equal rank. Thus the meetings between each other at terms end to decide who stays and who goes.

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2013, 03:43:00 PM »
You're all equal, else Sol would have to be highest rank and we'd have all sorts of problems. Am I meant to sm in boat bays? Lol
Australia, home of the over-paid minion

I play Eve! Message Suzanne Winters for a friend :D

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2013, 03:53:58 PM »
You're all equal, else Sol would have to be highest rank and we'd have all sorts of problems. Am I meant to sm in boat bays? Lol

Well, Boat bays and hangars are fairly quick skills, so as long as we've got SOMEONE with it in the queue (and I think most of us want it), we'll be fine.

Speaking of which, what thread would be most appropriate for listing our public research goals? And actually, an addendum to that, where are we to list the public policies? The Players thread?
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2013, 03:11:29 AM »
Players thread for both of them.

Offline coco146

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2013, 11:44:16 AM »
Are you still taking folks as lower ranking officers?

Offline Cripes Amighty

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • C
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2013, 11:54:46 AM »
Something I was pondering...

What's the standard for communication in this universe? Are we using Steve's instantaneous communications as long as jump gates have been constructed? Can communications be blocked through jump gates if there is an opposing force picketing the gate? Is information going to be limited if someone decides to rebel, and how will it be done?

I would assume that comms would be instantaneous for ease of gameplay, but I wasn't sure about the jump gate questions.

Offline coco146

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2013, 12:08:18 PM »
If you wouldn't mind then I would like to be a Vice-Admiral, by the name of Alexej Cernik.

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2013, 12:14:25 PM »
Are you still taking folks as lower ranking officers?

That's up to each individual Admiral, I think; I've got one subordinate whom I'm happy with, I'm afraid.

What's the standard for communication in this universe? Are we using Steve's instantaneous communications as long as jump gates have been constructed? Can communications be blocked through jump gates if there is an opposing force picketing the gate? Is information going to be limited if someone decides to rebel, and how will it be done?

I would assume that comms would be instantaneous for ease of gameplay, but I wasn't sure about the jump gate questions.

I'm assuming the communications I've been doing are "We're all still on Earth before shipping out" or "There are FTL Comm Beacons we can shoot through jump points". This is a good thing to think of, though. Being able to cut off communications between admirals could be an excellent tool for the President.

Offline coco146

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2013, 12:20:40 PM »
Ah well, I'll just have my character off the "active list" until somebody needs a right-hand man.

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2013, 04:59:42 PM »

Read the mini-backstory I wrote. Our people have 'warp-holes' (I think I called them that, think Stargates), but if an Admiral goes renegade just shut it down from Sol's side. You will need JP's to communicate instantly between other sectors (i.e., those that aren't the original 6)