Author Topic: 7 Dictators Community Game  (Read 31710 times)

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
Re: 7 Dictators Community Game
« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2013, 06:02:08 PM »
Wait, are we to understand that the five Sol JPs do not follow normal JP rules? Sol (President or Admiral?) can destroy the JPs? I don't even want to get into the ridiculously unfair tactics opened up by that. I assumed the story was just using an odd name for JPs.

Also, by "need JPs to communicate instantly" you mean Jump Gates? Did you just mean to say that the six colonies don't need JGs for communication, but any other systems will?

As far as communication goes, I figured any renegades would just be split to their own race, and information handled by the game system. Actually, this raises another question: Right now, can we see what all the ships are doing, or just our own/whatever's publicized?

Without FTL comms, I guess somebody will need to make a jump fighter design to use until JGs are made....

Offline 3_14159

• Registered
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • ?
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2013, 06:16:22 PM »
Wait, are we to understand that the five Sol JPs do not follow normal JP rules? Sol (President or Admiral?) can destroy the JPs? I don't even want to get into the ridiculously unfair tactics opened up by that. I assumed the story was just using an odd name for JPs.
As far as I understood, the warp points allow communication without JGs, every other jump point does not. Additionally, by 'shutting down' I believe he referred either to the communication or to a JP blockade.

Also, as an addition: It seems that Sol has all grav survey points unsurveyed.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2013, 06:23:22 PM by 3_14159 »

Offline Panopticon

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • P
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2013, 06:41:40 PM »
General communication from the President:

All Admirals have the authority to form no more than one(1) geo survey team for the purpose of surveying their territory, more teams can be requested pending availability of qualified officers.

Offline Nightstar

• Lt. Commander
  • N
« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2013, 06:57:44 PM »
Mmm.

I suggest the topics here get clearly marked as in/out of character.

Oh, could Banard's Star's planet be named 'Liberty'? And on a totally irrelevant bit, its image changed to O1? Thanks.

Offline Shininglight

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2013, 07:27:05 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?kzvb41iecn1dd48

Try THAT! XD

it isn't working. the database seems to be blank for some reason so i can't view any colonies or system map screens.
Admiral Damien James Winter, Defender of the Proxima Gate.

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2013, 08:39:36 PM »
Okay, let's get this dealt with so it doesn't keep slowing us down.
Communications. Let's not worry about the science behind it. We have Communication Stones (if you're a Stargate Fan), Telink (Saga of Seven Suns), Ansibels (Enders Game), sub-space Holograms (Star Wars) or whatever you want. Level playing field. If you want to cut off a renegade, just don't talk to them.

If you want to know what another Admiral is doing, you either ask them, follow them with a ship (good luck), put someone on your payroll in their staff or pickup the bits and pieces of information that'll be dropped. That way there's no arguments, no confusion, and eveyone has the same ability.

Shining, I'll see if I can dropbox or something to you when I get home from work tonight.

I'll make a thread for IN-CHARACTER CHAT. Roleplay as much as you want (I'll be disappointed if we don't have at least one Admiral talking as if in an interview lol). All rules or out-of-character chat put here, all game-related stuff (like designs or) or game topics that need to be out of character, put in Players.

Nightstar, PM that name request to me. I'll try to remember, but if i forget there's only a slim chance I'll re-read everything here, if you PM it'll get done.

I think that's everything?
Australia, home of the over-paid minion

I play Eve! Message Suzanne Winters for a friend :D

Offline coco146

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #111 on: March 28, 2013, 03:01:56 AM »
Is there anybody currently willing to take on a vice admiral?

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #112 on: March 28, 2013, 06:13:50 AM »

Best bet is Magus mate, hell be back in the next day or so

Offline Shininglight

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • S
« Reply #113 on: March 28, 2013, 07:33:28 PM »

Join me. I can bake. And cook.
Admiral Damien James Winter, Defender of the Proxima Gate.

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #114 on: March 29, 2013, 03:12:51 AM »
Okay, so, update on the Sirius Aliens. They've destroyed all Sirian shipyards and seem to be trying to wipe out the population. There's nothing I can do, since it's March of the first year and we haven't even finished the engine Techs. Admirals? What do we do?

Offline dgibso29

• Lieutenant
  • d
« Reply #115 on: March 29, 2013, 03:50:09 AM »
I feel like we are DuGalle and Stukov.

That said... We have two options. Either we intervene - SM in some ground troops and kick some alien ass... Or we let them fall. Which hardly seems fair, considering the game only just began... But then again, space is a dangerous place. If I was forced to decide now? I would say intervene in the interests of good gameplay. However, I'd like to have a chance to consult with Gidoran, and I think everyone should be allowed to chime in with their thoughts before we proceed.

And, to be fair, it would be interesting to see a scramble to subjugate the aliens and retake the planet... But that just feels rather unfair to Magus!

If a decision is to be made now, in my position as XO of Epsilon Indi, I support intervention. Otherwise, Gidoran will provide the official opinion of Epsilon Indi soon enough.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 11:22:33 AM by Admiral666 »

Offline Maharava (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #116 on: March 29, 2013, 04:02:38 AM »
That link isn't working, but I want everyones decision before doing anything. This is, after all, a community game

Offline coco146

• Registered
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • c
« Reply #117 on: March 29, 2013, 05:34:21 AM »
I reckon seeing as this is a technical overlooking in creation of the game you should indeed SM in some ground forces

Offline 3_14159

• Registered
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • ?
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2013, 08:11:13 AM »
SM in ground troops, and fix the problem gets my vote.

Plus, you could use this for a bit more RP possibilities, with Sirius having an indigenous population.

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
« Reply #119 on: March 29, 2013, 08:35:14 AM »
Okay, so, update on the Sirius Aliens. They've destroyed all Sirian shipyards and seem to be trying to wipe out the population. There's nothing I can do, since it's March of the first year and we haven't even finished the engine Techs. Admirals? What do we do?

My vote is SM in a ground force, and possibly some Gauss-equipped planetary defense centers if you've got the technology for that. We've got the whole warp-hole thing going on; It could be that the ground forces were impromptu militia volunteers drafted together to save Sirius. While the sector losing its shipyards is pretty bad, it's not the end of the world as we have many shipyards in other sectors and nominally we're all on the same side. The PDCs are there mostly to keep whatever destroyed the shipyards from just nuking the population.

We could end up with a nice slave race to establish colonies with, Sirius may end up with bonus infrastructure depending on how things go, and we could claim whatever ships surrender with the planetary population, or have them 'suicide in disgust'.
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus