Author Topic: New Page: Government Types  (Read 5419 times)

Offline Somnus (OP)

• Petty Officer
  • S
New Page: Government Types
« on: December 06, 2013, 05:09:48 PM »
I've created a new page on the wiki for Government Types

Any suggestions or additions I need to make to it?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 05:12:19 PM by Somnus »

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
Re: New Page: Government Types
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 02:57:00 AM »
As i recall government type also affects the starting shipyards, and quantity of research centers. and possibly the industry and wealth percentages
Not exactly important information really as one can see the change immediately after the modification, just like research points.
Maybe pop a link to the diplomacy rules page there to give readers some idea what the modifiers actually mean as far as NPR relations go.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 03:00:01 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline JoeSmith

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • J
Re: New Page: Government Types
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 10:17:52 AM »
Have to admit, I like the "Insane Dictator" category  ;D On a more serious note, I would suggest moving the definitions for the Government modifiers to the top as people will want to see those immediately rather than scrolling down to the end.   Also, maybe a brief description of what sort of government the types represent might be helpful.   Some such as Communism are obvious, but what differentiates a "High Imperial Monarchy" from a regular ol' "Imperial Monarchy"?  And "Military Anarchy" seems to be a contradiction in terms--what exactly is a "Military Anarchy"?