Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 210293 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2016, 03:39:46 PM »
Not sure if a bug or just a feature.

I had a ground unit of the Replacement Battalion type. I renamed the TYPE to Recruit Battalion with a short type of REC. It did not update the existing units.

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2016, 05:04:50 PM »
Close the game down completely and reopen.
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2016, 05:38:13 PM »
Close the game down completely and reopen.

If that was for me, it's already been done. I renamed them a couple of days ago and noticed the discrepancy today.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2016, 06:17:35 PM »
Not sure if a bug or just a feature.

I had a ground unit of the Replacement Battalion type. I renamed the TYPE to Recruit Battalion with a short type of REC. It did not update the existing units.

Renaming types doesn't update existing names (mainly because they could have been individually renamed by the player and this would wipe that out)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #139 on: January 28, 2016, 10:56:07 PM »
Renaming types doesn't update existing names (mainly because they could have been individually renamed by the player and this would wipe that out)

Not the names, but the type. REP, INF, CB, etc.

Offline jem

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • j
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2016, 11:26:54 AM »
I was playing around with fighters and carriers and organization, and clicking around wo really knowing what I am doing I tell a large group of fighters (containing both assigned and unassigned ships) to land on there assigned carrier via the task force interface (so select the fighter task group, show task forces, select land on assigned mothership).  Now the assigned ships landed wo any problem.  The unassigned ships are gone.  As in completely gone. 

Also,  while creating squadrons and playing around with launching them I managed to get error 3075 and 91 as well as hanging the game as shown here: hxxp: imgur. com/a/yodBk

Since this only happens for the outlaw's and it does not happen if I remove that ' I assume that that ' is not sanitized properly in the DB.  Game named the squadrons btw.

Offline TMarkos

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • T
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2016, 07:26:29 PM »
Terraformer ships don't seem to properly update their orbital module count on the Population & Production > Environment / GMC screen when you direct them to planetary orbit by directing them to join a preexisting task group already in orbit around that planet.   Both the displayed count and observed effect are low until the task group leaves and reenters orbit. 

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2016, 07:29:18 PM »
I was playing around with fighters and carriers and organization, and clicking around wo really knowing what I am doing I tell a large group of fighters (containing both assigned and unassigned ships) to land on there assigned carrier via the task force interface (so select the fighter task group, show task forces, select land on assigned mothership).  Now the assigned ships landed wo any problem.  The unassigned ships are gone.  As in completely gone. 

Also,  while creating squadrons and playing around with launching them I managed to get error 3075 and 91 as well as hanging the game as shown here: hxxp: imgur. com/a/yodBk

Since this only happens for the outlaw's and it does not happen if I remove that ' I assume that that ' is not sanitized properly in the DB.  Game named the squadrons btw.
The apostrophes are a menace to Access. You can either strip it out or replace it with the reverse one.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2016, 08:45:57 PM »
Jump Drive efficiency tech:
Jump engines with higher levels of jump drive efficiency will permit larger ships to jump than lower efficiency engines of the same size. Ships with military engines are unable to traverse a wormhole created by a commercial jump engine and vice versa

Edit:
Also jump drive research project lack default values. Hence you can only use default provided designs, and can't create your own (commercial or military) unless you improved ALL the engine default characteristics  i.e. Efficiency, Squadron size and Radius.

Edit2:
Jump point theory description:
Precursor technology for the various jump drive technologies

Precursor? I am playing convention start, its the default tech for those reaching to the stars. I think its a leftover from when there were multiple FTL methods.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 09:21:01 PM by Mor »

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2016, 09:00:40 PM »
I have been having some display(I hope) problems on showing minerals on earth.  it says I have only 290 duranium,51 neutronium and equaly miserable amounts for all resources.  It has also been showing miserable stockpiles and prodiction, and I think it has been dividing everything by 1000, but I dont know why or how to solve this
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2016, 11:29:30 PM »
What is your decimal separator?

Offline DIT_grue

• Lieutenant
  • D
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2016, 11:43:13 PM »
Edit:
Also jump drive research project lack default values. Hence you can only use default provided designs, and can't create your own (commercial or military) unless you improved ALL the engine default characteristics  i.e. Efficiency, Squadron size and Radius.
Why do you think this isn't Working As Intended? It's certainly consistent with design for all other component types, where you have to have completed the foundational research in all tech lines that affect the component to design one. (If the pre-generated ship designs include jump engines even though the randomly assigned technologies don't include all the prerequisites, I'd say that is a bug.)

Edit2:
Jump point theory description:
Precursor? I am playing convention start, its the default tech for those reaching to the stars. I think its a leftover from when there were multiple FTL methods.
Perfectly clear English: in this case, precursor = prerequisite. You have to discover JPT before you can research any of the technology that makes up a jump engine.

Offline jem

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • j
« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2016, 04:59:28 AM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=8144. msg85532#msg85532 date=1454117358
The apostrophes are a menace to Access.  You can either strip it out or replace it with the reverse one.

Most, if not all, databases are going to complain loudly if you send it something that can be considered an incomplete command (or worse, not complain at all. . . . . . . ) in an input field.  However in this particular case the game is completely fine with naming a squadron to something with an ' but not in naming a taskforce.  This means that it is sanitized in some places but not in others.  Add to that the game named that squad, not me. 

Offline Gabethebaldandbold

• last member of the noob swarm
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2016, 07:57:42 AM »
I have set is as a .  but my country's is a comma
To beam, or not to beam.   That is the question
the answer is you beam. and you better beam hard.

Offline Ferret

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • F
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2016, 09:15:11 AM »
First post here, hopefully not breaking any rules!

I have some fighters not using fuel.   I'm using Vandermeer's method of managing parasites from The Academy sticky (guess I can't hyperlink as a new poster?), specifically the surveying part. 

The geosurvey fighters are pretty simple:

Code: [Select]
Minimi class Geological Survey Vessel 495 tons     16 Crew     138.5 BP      TCS 9.9  TH 4  EM 0
404 km/s     Armour 1-5     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/1/0/1     Damage Control 1     PPV 0
Annual Failure Rate: 1%    IFR: 0%    Maintenance Capacity 175 MSP
Spare Berths 0   

Massé Research Inc 4.2 EP Ion Drive FTR (1)    Power 4.2    Fuel Use 5.02%    Armour 0    Exp 3%
Fuel Capacity 50 000 Litres    Range 362.2 billion km   (10375 days at full power)

Geological Survey Sensors (1)   1 Survey Points
This design is classed as a military vessel for maintenance purposes

They've been toodling around geosurveying a system independently for a few months now while the carriers do grav surveying and haven't used a drop of fuel.   Doesn't really matter for these guys because low speed plus crew fatigue are the limiting factors, not their way-too-big gas tanks, but they definitely should have burned a few dozen liters of fuel by now!