Author Topic: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 213132 times)

Offline serger

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
Re: Official v7.10 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2016, 01:09:38 AM »
It looks like Technology report window doesn't work correctly with my Cloaking devices at all. (I tried to develop new ones and delete old, but no changes appeared in this window.)

Offline MarcAFK

• Vice Admiral
  • ...it's so simple an idiot could have devised it..
« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2016, 01:22:00 AM »
The void of admirals.
I had my fleet command staff on the flag bridge of a capital ship which went into battle and blew up, all the survivors in the lifeboats died as I had no ships left. However using the Taskforces screen I could move them from <Unknown System> back to Earth and the entire staff was still alive
Did you have SM mode on? You should be able to move any fleet this way with SM mode on.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2016, 01:25:04 AM by MarcAFK »
" Why is this godforsaken hellhole worth dying for? "
". . .  We know nothing about them, their language, their history or what they look like.  But we can assume this.  They stand for everything we don't stand for.  Also they told me you guys look like dorks. "
"Stop exploding, you cowards.  "

Offline Andrew

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2016, 03:30:49 AM »
I did have SM Mode on. The problem is not moving anything it is that the Commanders in the staff positions of the fleet , which had been placed onboard the destroyed ship were still alive and available in the Commanders screen and by moving them in the TF Window. I suspect that an Admiral and his staff on a ship should die in the same way an officer assigned as a ships captain dies

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #438 on: May 21, 2016, 09:42:54 PM »
I can confirm that. Neither the admiral in command nor the staff officers die when the ship housing them blows up. I had to manually kill them.

Offline rcj33

• Petty Officer
  • r
« Reply #439 on: May 28, 2016, 10:57:18 AM »
The 1HS Compressed Fuel Storage module appears to be locked behind the Compressed Fuel Storage-Small tech. You can never build the regular module until you roll the second tech in a ruin. Also, adding a normal CFS to a design automatically adds a small and vice versa (they do add up to 90kL like you would expect). No other fuel modules add each other when selected.

Tiny Compressed Fuel Storage must additionally be rolled after Small (and cannot be researched) but this may be WAI since it doesn't prevent you using any other fuel modules.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2016, 01:03:04 PM by rcj33 »

Offline Drizzt321

• Leading Rate
  • D
« Reply #440 on: May 31, 2016, 11:12:36 AM »
I'm getting error 91 loop when I accidentally input a non-existing empire name into the Technology Report.  Had to use the Task Manager to kill Aurora and restart.  See attached screenshot.  Every time I hit OK, it would pop up with the identical error.

Offline Leren666

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • L
« Reply #441 on: June 09, 2016, 05:42:25 AM »
Hi everyone.     I discovered Aurora last week and try to install it.     I followed all instruction (I lived in France so I change my Regional setting to US).   

But when I clic to pass time the game display two bug screen and after 20 time on clicing Ok the two screen stopped to pop-up.     I don't know what to do.     

p. s: Sorry if the question as already been posted

Problem solve >> In fact I change my regional setting but setting for date and number don't change in the same time.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 03:08:21 AM by Leren666 »

Offline FictionDragon

• Dragon of the highest order.
  • Petty Officer
  • Don't make this dragon.
« Reply #442 on: June 14, 2016, 03:59:04 AM »
Quote from: Euphienator link=topic=8144.   msg85683#msg85683 date=1454427436
2.      Attempting to duplicate a 1mt station class caused an error and the station didn't duplicate, didn't think much about it at the time so didn't record it.      Tried to duplicate it now - attempting to copy design of a 1mt station causes an Error in cmdCopy_Click - Error 3163 in DAO.     Field field is to small to accept the amount of data.     

After that, opening the class design window started causing 2 errors that repeat several times, after which the class design screen works without any (noticeable) bugs.     

The errors are: Error in PopulateClassList - Invalid use of Null and  Invalid property array index.     

I'm experiencing the same error after my attempt of copying a ship class several times when I tried to make different versions of it in order to test the shipyard refit limit.   
I think it has to do something with the copied class name being too big.    And I think that's what caused the shipclass to bug out, hiding it's name from everything but shipyard retool list and the shipclasses export text file where it's shown as [Hull Class Prefix] + [Blank].   

.   .   .   I guess Blank never loses.    (Kudos to you if you get the reference)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 04:32:30 AM by FictionDragon »
Dragon be between you and harm in all empty spaces where you must walk.

Offline Harold65

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #443 on: June 14, 2016, 09:43:24 PM »
I'm loving this game as a general rule, but each time I start a new game, it gets to a point where the game will lock on me, and I'll have to kill the processes to get it close, then I get the following errors.    After that, the only thing I can do is re-install the game.  Is there a way to fix this so i don't keep losing my games?

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #444 on: June 15, 2016, 10:25:38 AM »
I'm loving this game as a general rule, but each time I start a new game, it gets to a point where the game will lock on me, and I'll have to kill the processes to get it close, then I get the following errors.    After that, the only thing I can do is re-install the game.  Is there a way to fix this so i don't keep losing my games?
What are you doing prior to the lock up?

Offline Harold65

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #445 on: June 15, 2016, 11:11:36 AM »
Quote from: Erik Luken link=topic=8144. msg92598#msg92598 date=1466004338
What are you doing prior to the lock up?

I believe it was a 1x auto-increment 5-day time advance, with a 1-day subpulse.   There was some fighting going on somewhere I couldn't see, so normal time advances were 10 seconds, and I wanted to get past it.   I usually let it sit for a while to see if it's just processing in the background  before killing the game.

Offline ty55101

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • t
« Reply #446 on: June 15, 2016, 03:54:23 PM »
I believe it was a 1x auto-increment 5-day time advance, with a 1-day subpulse.   There was some fighting going on somewhere I couldn't see, so normal time advances were 10 seconds, and I wanted to get past it.   I usually let it sit for a while to see if it's just processing in the background  before killing the game.

Whenever I kill it seems to work fine, but while it is running I only use 5 day increments with auto subpulse. I use 7.1 so I don't know why it wouldn't work for you. How do you stop it, I either use task manager or click the X and a pop-up will show about the program not responding and I tell it to close it? By the way I don't use the wrapper.
More guns = more funs

Offline Harold65

• Petty Officer
  • H
« Reply #447 on: June 15, 2016, 04:15:30 PM »
Quote from: ty55101 link=topic=8144. msg92631#msg92631 date=1466024063
Whenever I kill it seems to work fine, but while it is running I only use 5 day increments with auto subpulse.  I use 7. 1 so I don't know why it wouldn't work for you.  How do you stop it, I either use task manager or click the X and a pop-up will show about the program not responding and I tell it to close it? By the way I don't use the wrapper.

I was running 7. 1 with the wrapper, and I would kill it with the task manager since that was the only place I could get it to respond.   After the last crash, I decided to go with the vanilla install and see if that makes a difference.   Usually it would only happen later into the game after I've met a few NPRs

Offline MasterInventor

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • M
« Reply #448 on: June 17, 2016, 12:58:57 PM »
I'm not sure if this is a new bug report, but I couldn't find it anywhere and there wasn't anything about it on the wiki.

The Fuel Harvester-specific order "Unload Fuel at Colony and Move to Gas Giant With Sorium" (or something like that) very consistently does not work.  The harvesters will travel to the nearest colony to unload fuel - usually an asteroid mining base, but that's fine, I can send tankers and the Harvesters should be harvesting anyway - but then they won't go back to the Gas Giant.  They will inform me that they completed their orders and just sit there.  I have to manually tell them to go back to the Gas Giant, and I really prefer a more automated system.  A solution to my problem here is to leave the Harvesters sitting at the Gas Giant and send tankers back and forth directly to and from them, but that doesn't mean that the original order isn't broken.

I'm not sure why this is the case.  I can only speculate that it has something specifically to do with my computer or my install of the game.  I feel like someone else would have reported it if it affected other people.  Pretty much everyone uses Fuel Harvesters, right?

Offline 83athom

• Big Ship Commander
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #449 on: June 17, 2016, 07:59:43 PM »
~snip~
There is a primary order called "Move to Gas Giant with Sorium". Pair that with the conditional order Condition; "Fuel tanks Full" Order "Unload 90% of Fuel".
Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.