Starfire > Starfire Rules

Starfire 3'rd vs. Solar Starfire

(1/4) > >>

Kiero:
Hi,

I've just got myself a brand new copy of Solar Starfire (6'th edition) and I would like to ask.
What is the rules complication level in relation to Starfire 3'rd edition? Especially regarding the campaign rules?

Also is it possible to use "Starfire Assistant" to run a game if I know 6'th edition rules or do I need the previous version?

Steve Walmsley:
Starfire Assistant is for 3rd edition revised. The later editions are so different they are incompatible with SA.

Kurt:

--- Quote from: Kiero on February 16, 2022, 01:04:51 AM ---Hi,

I've just got myself a brand new copy of Solar Starfire (6'th edition) and I would like to ask.
What is the rules complication level in relation to Starfire 3'rd edition? Especially regarding the campaign rules?

Also is it possible to use "Starfire Assistant" to run a game if I know 6'th edition rules or do I need the previous version?

--- End quote ---

I have Solar Starfire someplace, but I haven't run a campaign using that rules-set so I can't say what the relative complication factor is, however, as Steve says, SA is for 3rdR games and I don't think it could be modded (easily) to work with a different version.  I know Marvin, or one of his people, created some spreadsheets to use with Cosmic and Solar versions, though, so if you can handle spreadsheets and wanted to use those rules that'd be the way to go. 

I considered using the Solar rules to run my current campaign within, however, I just couldn't get past the lack of SA for that rules-set. 

misanthropope:
kurt, do you actively like 6th, or was that possibility just a brief impulse?  kiero, do you have a strong opinion?

i disliked 5th so strongly i just passed on 6th.  now im kind of looking for an excuse to buy it, even though the odds of any non-solitaire 6e campaign ever existing seem remote.

Kurt:

--- Quote from: misanthropope on February 16, 2022, 06:46:53 PM ---kurt, do you actively like 6th, or was that possibility just a brief impulse?  kiero, do you have a strong opinion?

i disliked 5th so strongly i just passed on 6th.  now im kind of looking for an excuse to buy it, even though the odds of any non-solitaire 6e campaign ever existing seem remote.

--- End quote ---

I wouldn't say that I actively like it, I don't have enough experience with it for that.  I wanted to give it a shot, to see how I felt about it once I got some experience with it.  I might still. 

Kurt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version