Author Topic: Change Log for 5.50 Discussion  (Read 11699 times)

Offline Zed 6

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
Re: Change Log for 5.50 Discussion
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2011, 07:11:26 PM »
That's really nice. Will the checkboxes have permanence? So if I check Group by Function, and return to the game later or the economics screen after it's closed, it won't default to not checked? Right now if I check Basic Pop in 5.42 and just close the window and reopen it, it defaults to not checked.

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2011, 08:41:49 PM »
Yeah lack of permancy of checkboxes is a real pain, everytime I set up orders or another window just how I like it only to close instead of minimize grinds my teeth.

But loving the look of the extra options, but why are all the checkboxes not open are you hiding something from us <wink>

Offline waresky

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2011, 04:10:35 AM »
I have also added an alternative view of populations. You can now group them function and system instead of just by system. Clicking the Group by Function checkbox will display populations as below. I have not expanded all branches for this screenshot

Steve

AWESOME..very useful!

Army r another situation hard to manage..do u have touch it?

Offline Peter Rhodan

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • P
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2011, 04:50:55 AM »
doesnt help me in my current game - but woohooo

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2011, 05:51:43 AM »
That's really nice. Will the checkboxes have permanence? So if I check Group by Function, and return to the game later or the economics screen after it's closed, it won't default to not checked? Right now if I check Basic Pop in 5.42 and just close the window and reopen it, it defaults to not checked.

Yes, the check box has permanency

Also, the nodes in the tree view all retain their state as well. There is a table in the DB that stores the open/closed state of every node for every race.

Steve

Offline Zed 6

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • Z
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2011, 05:40:41 PM »
Great work.  Thanks so much for that and the game. The small things sometimes go a lot farther than the big items.

Offline LoSboccacc

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • L
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2011, 09:40:03 AM »
is the new treeview supposed to be up to date? because it remains static as population grows and colonies are founded, until I close and reopen the window or check the grouping flag on and off...

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2011, 10:07:59 AM »
is the new treeview supposed to be up to date? because it remains static as population grows and colonies are founded, until I close and reopen the window or check the grouping flag on and off...

I believe that is already in the bugs thread. You might add it there though.

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #53 on: March 05, 2016, 05:21:11 PM »
Several years late, but I have a specific question about couple of changes:

1. Jump Drives now suffer from transit effects and cannot jump again until transit effects wear off

I wasn't aware that JP transit has a "cool down" period, is this "transit effects" == Jump Shock? And does Gate way Jump has the same cooldown period? 

2. Manual missile launches at waypoints cannot take until transit effects wear off

Can you clarify this point?

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #54 on: March 05, 2016, 05:26:47 PM »
1.)  They only have a cooldown in that a ship in Sensor Delay or Fire Delay cannot jump.  Gate jumps are standard jumps and do suffer from delay.

2.)  You can manually launch missiles - it's usually used for dropping minefield patterns or launch geosurvey drones.  The exploit was you could do this while suffering jump delay, so you could i.e. drop mines that autonomously lock on enemy targets and launch missiles.  The button is accessible from the Ships screen and the Task Group screen, labeled "Msl Launch".

Offline Mor

• Commander
« Reply #55 on: March 05, 2016, 07:20:41 PM »
1. To my understanding Jump shock effect all ships transiting through a JP to a certain degree and regardless of the transit method in use. What I am trying to figure out, is how the part about 'Jump Drives being unable to Jump' figures into this.

2.  Does that mean that you can't manually launch missiles during that time, or that the sensors on manually launched missiles will also suffer from Jump Shock effects?