Author Topic: Aurora Government Simulator  (Read 27492 times)

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
Re: Aurora Government Simulator 3.1
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2021, 04:10:18 PM »
As for working directly with the database file you can use SQLite to connect to the database using LibreOffice... it should be easy enough to find guides on the net how to do this. Everyone who run the tool would obviously also need to run SQLite when using the tool as well so it become a bit more complicated to set up and start using the tool but it could do so many more things and get data from the db file dynamically.

Once the SQLite is setup you can easily set up a new database connection and both read and write data from the game file. You might want to have a separate database for the tool though as you might not want to add tables to the game db... depend on how Steve saves the data, but I suspect he create the whole db file from the game. If you save your own data in tables you should then read that from the backup db (or your own db perhaps is better) the game creates and import that into the new db and that should be fine. But you also could have a separate db for some information, but some tables is easier to have in the game db as you can query that information directly with game information.

It would be quite fun to have an extensive list on what factions each character in the game are voting for, the game could automatically generate the leaders for the parties and many other fun stuff. You could easily role-play how a high ranging Federalist sympathising Admiral is thrown into Jail for conspiring against the Corporate state... there are so many fun things you could do. But how loyal are the captains in his command if this happens... will it inspire a revolution?!?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 05:03:58 PM by Jorgen_CAB »

Offline Froggiest1982 (OP)

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
Re: Aurora Government Simulator 3.1
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2021, 04:58:50 PM »
I have two sheets in my document which are Government and Rules.

If I select Democracy and then expand the Democracy part and select the "Democracy Motion Vote" drop-down the list is empty. In the box it says "War - Military Ops" but the drop down is empty.

The same is true for the Oligarchy. If I choose that government type... the drop-down list for voting on the "Corporate Board Vote" it also is empty and the text in the box says "Peace - Peace Ops"

Okay, it seems like a problem in the validation data entry when I have translated the file from my dashboard. It's an easy fix. I will post soon a new update.

The following users thanked this post: Jorgen_CAB

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
Re: Aurora Government Simulator 3.2
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2021, 05:17:27 PM »
3.2 HOTFIX

Fixed sync for motion vote

Direct Download here http://aurora2.pentarch.org/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=11908.0;attach=6219

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2021, 05:42:50 PM »
Yes... it now works.

Thanks!!

The following users thanked this post: Froggiest1982

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2021, 06:07:30 PM »
Another question... would it not be more appropriate to use the Population per Capita value for the wealth of a faction rather than the racial one which are mainly about how many levels of wealth you researched?!?

Or perhaps both should be modelled into the overall state of the wealth of the population as well as the number of wealth in storage versus the income generated during the last year.

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2021, 06:16:27 PM »
Another question... would it not be more appropriate to use the Population per Capita value for the wealth of a faction rather than the racial one which are mainly about how many levels of wealth you researched?!?

Or perhaps both should be modelled into the overall state of the wealth of the population as well as the number of wealth in storage versus the income generated during the last year.

I ran tests with both values, at the end I've found out that Racial Wealth is pretty much the base for everything and the value pro capita changes only based on the bonus you are getting from Sector Commander and Governor. There are no other factors involved and I found that not satisfying for the purpose.

So I ended up considering the main Tech Plus the Trade ability as good benchmark to evaluate the economy status (along with other factors) in a greater scope of things indipendent of a single man that once gone makes everybody poor again. Generally racial pro capita per planet is too volatile data.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2021, 06:40:41 PM »
Yes sure... that is what the population per capita means... though it was tied more with wealth income and spenditure but realise that is it not. Anyway wealth spenditure versus income and the stored wealth versus income should perhaps have some impact on overall wealth distribution though. Perhaps worth considering.

Sorry for more questions but I just am trying to figure out how to configure stuff for multiple factions.. Should I probably use the "Dangerous Galaxy" and fill in the other human factions into friendly aliens category as long as they are not at war with each other? There is no category of number of hostile aliens as well?!?

Not sure how we consider limited versus all our wars in this form... but that probably have something to do with the Defcon level I assume, not sure how that one will change over time in a war situation?

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2021, 06:53:15 PM »
Sorry for more questions but I just am trying to figure out how to configure stuff for multiple factions.. Should I probably use the "Dangerous Galaxy" and fill in the other human factions into friendly aliens category as long as they are not at war with each other? There is no category of number of hostile aliens as well?!?

Dangerous galaxy will be activated only once you are being fired upon. Once on stays on. So it should be off.

If a multi-start of humans, I would consider Humans as Humans and keep the friendly aliens to 0, but you could change that (there is a cap of 15% for that value so at a certain point having 5 or 100 friends wouldn't matter).

Same goes for the first contact option. A multi start I would keep it off until a true Alien is discovered. Once on, stays on for the faction.

The above could be interesting as it opens up to "political" destabilization for a race to know and release such discovery.

Not sure how we consider limited versus all our wars in this form... but that probably have something to do with the Defcon level I assume, not sure how that one will change over time in a war situation?

Yes, the defcon level will change applying relative buffs depending on the situation. You can flag both wars options and receive buffs for the relative option: being attacked and also attacking without a reason. Otherwise you are using one only: be attacked or attack with causus belli, or attack without cause (8 december surprise)

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2021, 07:47:20 PM »
Ok... I presume I will leave the known aliens at zero and only switch on the dangerous galaxy once the faction is involved in any violence.

I'm just trying to figure out some settings to represent for example the EU as a coalition of federated (Federal Government) states and I'm not sure how the different coalitions should be role-played as it is not that apparent which political faction is supporting each coalition and what their agenda is suppose to be.

In my current version the EU would be quite pacifistic and consider diplomacy and trade above most things and have an Expansion focus and also Consumer Benefit enabled from the start.

Beginning racial traits:
Determination: 65
Diplomacy: 75
Expansion: 55
Militancy: 35
Trade: 75
Xenophobia: 40

The Senate is... after the first election:
Federalists: 16
Pacifists: 51
Merc & Ind: 55
Scientists: 75
Nationalists: 37
Militarists: 0

The coalition is the Nationalists at 191 with the Democrats a close second at 181.

My question is how do I know from this what decisions I should pass forward and focus on. Not really sure which political faction support the Nationalists aside from the Nationalists that is... I suppose the Federalists as well.

To be honest I sort of feel that I would like a bit more examples on what the different factions and political blocks stands for. Some are quite obvious others a bit more in a grey area.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 08:09:37 PM by Jorgen_CAB »

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2021, 07:59:43 PM »
To be honest I sort of feel that I would like a bit more examples on what the different factions and political blocks stands for. Some are quite obvious others a bit more in a grey area.

My AAR is a good place to start for this.

The grey area is meant. I did not want the player to play by my fixed rules. If it helps, I play this way:

Pacifist oppose Militarists
Federalists oppose Nationalists
Scientists and Industrialists are Neutral in the political scope but still favors one or another party depending on the situation (the file does it for you when you select options)

In your case Nationalist agenda will favor internal social politics, however, they are not the majority. Looks like you have a Nationalist idea. So the "people" want you to focus on civilian and trade research and industry and this is the way I would play it.

The RNG can be quite punishing so without seeing the "base" value is very difficult for me to tell you what story has been told.

Offline Jorgen_CAB

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • J
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2021, 08:27:48 PM »

The grey area is meant. I did not want the player to play by my fixed rules. If it helps, I play this way:

Scientists and Industrialists are Neutral in the political scope but still favors one or another party depending on the situation (the file does it for you when you select options)

In your case Nationalist agenda will favor internal social politics, however, they are not the majority. Looks like you have a Nationalist idea. So the "people" want you to focus on civilian and trade research and industry and this is the way I would play it.

The RNG can be quite punishing so without seeing the "base" value is very difficult for me to tell you what story has been told.

I will read up on your AAR so I get some ideas... I just thought that some sort of general ideas and indication what the different political factions generally stand for and how the coalitions in general should be interpreted as wanting to achieve would be useful to start thinking about how to progress the role-play surrounding the different factions.

The above was basically a starting faction after the first election so the racial traits was basically the starting values and the result of the senate after the first election at day one. Racial traits that are droping are Xenophobia, Miltancy and Expansion.

I'm probably mostly confuse about the Nationalist and Federalist polarity issue. I suppose the Nationalist is more of a conservative and inward looking group while the Federalist are more for social equality over the borders and more inclusive of other factions and possibly even aliens?!?

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2021, 08:35:11 PM »

I suppose the Nationalist is more of a conservative and inward looking group while the Federalist are more for social equality over the borders and more inclusive of other factions and possibly even aliens?!?

You are correct.

Offline xenoscepter

• Vice Admiral
Re: Aurora Government Simulator
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2021, 08:37:23 AM »
 - Lol, you used the symbols from the Pokemon TCG Energy Cards.

• Gold Supporter
  • Vice Admiral
  • F
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2021, 01:29:00 PM »
- Lol, you used the symbols from the Pokemon TCG Energy Cards.

gotta catch em all

Offline Titus Groen

• Leading Rate
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2021, 12:26:37 AM »

I'm excited to try this out! Just to be sure, is it meant to look like this? The purple bar on the right side is so large that it makes me worried that parts of the file have been shoved too far left.   
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 12:28:13 AM by Titus Groen »