Author Topic: C# Suggestions  (Read 272587 times)

Offline smoelf

• Commander
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: C# Suggestions
« Reply #390 on: April 29, 2020, 09:49:49 AM »
I would like to suggest a small quality-of-life improvement:

On the research screen, would it be possible to show the number of current research projects, and the number of queued research projects? Ideally in a format like '20/18'.

This would allow a rapid check to see that all research projects have a queued research project, thus making it unnecessary to constantly count these things if, like me, you can't bear the thought of wasted research points, probably otherwise known as borderline OCD  :)

Instead of a number, then perhaps a column right next to 'Pause' with a simple 'Yes/No' on whether that particular researcher has a queued project? That way you don't have to go through the list to see which reseacher is lacking a queued project.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, Earthrise

Offline Eretzu

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • E
« Reply #391 on: April 29, 2020, 10:24:05 AM »
Small versions of Cargo Shuttle Bay and Refueling, I would like to build some small savior class ships (to fix my inevitable fails while commanding), but having the cargo shuttle bay at 500 tons and maintenance storage at 50 tons seems a little excessive. Same with fule transfer (500) and standard fuel tank (50).

Of course the transfer rate should probably be something miniscule.

If this actually exists, I am sorry for spam, but cannot find it in research.

The following users thanked this post: papent

Offline TMaekler

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #392 on: April 29, 2020, 11:07:59 AM »
It would be nice to get a message that one of the postings you assigned is now vacant. Sure you get the warning that someone died; but that message has the same trigger of someone "only" looses health. Maybe you can split those two messages; because of the loads of "just-health-lost" I rarely recognize the ones when someone dies. So my posts are empty "all the time".

Maybe we get to set a bit "warn if this office is vacant"... and then receive a log message. Or, even better, refill them automatically with people of the needed skill.

The following users thanked this post: smoelf

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #393 on: April 29, 2020, 11:38:46 AM »
Current assignments for commanders are displayed in two places on the Commanders screen:
1) At the top (to the right of the captain's name).
2) In the filtered list of commanders on the bottom right.

When a commander is in command of a ship but is not the senior commander of a multi-ship fleet, the commander's current assignment displays the name of the ship.
When a commander is in command of a ship and is the senior commander of a multi-ship fleet, the commander's current assignment displays the name of the fleet.

In the second case, I would find it much more useful for the current assignment to display the name of the ship instead of the name of the fleet.

Offline Earthrise

• 33014th Penal Battalion - Potwasher 4th Class
  • Leading Rate
  • E
« Reply #394 on: April 29, 2020, 11:52:58 AM »
Quote from: smoelf link=topic=10640. msg129107#msg129107 date=1588171789
Quote from: Earthrise link=topic=10640. msg129075#msg129075 date=1588165663
I would like to suggest a small quality-of-life improvement:

On the research screen, would it be possible to show the number of current research projects, and the number of queued research projects? Ideally in a format like '20/18'. 

This would allow a rapid check to see that all research projects have a queued research project, thus making it unnecessary to constantly count these things if, like me, you can't bear the thought of wasted research points, probably otherwise known as borderline OCD  :)

Instead of a number, then perhaps a column right next to 'Pause' with a simple 'Yes/No' on whether that particular researcher has a queued project? That way you don't have to go through the list to see which reseacher is lacking a queued project.

Yes, even better.  +1
Old soldiers never die, they just play Aurora

Offline swarm_sadist

• Lt. Commander
  • s
« Reply #395 on: April 29, 2020, 05:06:25 PM »
When declaring independence:
-Have the option to make the race an NPR
-If the population is the only one (of that empire) on the planet, then transfer all Orbital Habitats in orbit of the planet
-Reset political stability to 100% (or have an SM button to manually change it)
-All custom names of stars, planets, moons and populations remain the same. My Lunar colony declared independence and currently resides on "Sol A III - Moon 1"  >:( I am not renaming the solar system.

Offline Graham

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #396 on: April 29, 2020, 09:15:25 PM »
My Lunar colony declared independence and currently resides on "Sol A III - Moon 1"  >:( I am not renaming the solar system.

There is an SM button at the bottom of the system view page called "rename Sol System" or something along those lines. It will fix that for you.

The following users thanked this post: swarm_sadist

Offline tapk

• Leading Rate
  • t
« Reply #397 on: April 30, 2020, 01:19:23 AM »
With new ground survey system amount of minerals available in systems is almost halved.  I suggest to add minerals generation modificators (for each of three mineral generation phases) in game options (new game or even current game), so you can make game easier or more difficult.

Offline esavier

• Petty Officer
  • e
« Reply #398 on: April 30, 2020, 04:10:27 AM »
hey everyone,
i wonder if there will be possible ground based missile silos (something like in old Aurora PDC with missile launchers).  In my opinion its kinda advantageous on real life to have cheap and immobile, big rockets silos instead of expensive mobile ones (in case of aurora orbital stations/platforms with basically only launchers and magazines).  I know there is STU available but so far i was unable to arm those with launchers, so i can imagine this feature is not planned?

Offline zatomic

• Petty Officer
  • z
« Reply #399 on: April 30, 2020, 05:16:15 AM »
In conventional starts, I like to do some early geo-surveys by probe before I start building ships. One thing that slows this down and feels weird is besides geosurvey tech, I also need active sensor tech to create a fire control to be able to target a waypoint. In VB, I could use the ICBM fire control (along with the ICBM launcher) components to create a very early PDC capable of launching probes. Now with box-launchers available day 1, I don't really need the old ICBM launcher, but I do need a fire control. (Obviously ground based missile launchers would be nice but that's another thing that's already been suggested).

My thoughts would be to create a conventional level of active sensor tech (even strength 1 would allow targeting waypoints (and I guess the early thermonuclear war between powers on the same planet). Another option would be a pre-designed fire-control like the old ICBM fire control that can be used on day 1. Effectively zero range is fine since I'm targeting waypoints, but I would like it small enough to fit in a fighter-sized launch platform.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, db48x, DIT_grue

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #400 on: April 30, 2020, 08:59:01 AM »
On the tactical map, fleets undergoing overhaul have a "[OV]" appended to the fleet name.

Can we get something similar for ships being refitted?
I know it is slightly different, since overhaul is handled at the fleet level (via fleet orders) and refit is handled at the ship level (via shipyard tasks).
But both conditions to me mean "don't give this fleet orders right now". It would be nice to be able to see that without having to look at the ship list of a fleet.

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #401 on: April 30, 2020, 10:09:08 AM »
Scenario 1:
Fleet X has one ship in it.
I give a tug an order to tractor that ship.
When the tug completes the order, Fleet X is deleted.

Scenario 2:
Fleet Y has one ship in it.
I give the fleet orders to join another fleet.
When the fleet completes the order, Fleet Y is deleted.

Scenario 3:
Fleet Z has one ship in it.
I give another fleet orders to absorb fleet Z.
When that order is completed, Fleet Y is deleted.

My use case:
At planets where fleets congregate, I often use fleets as logical groupings.
Examples:
"Mining Platforms -> Eros"
"Mining Platforms -> Ecke"
"Awaiting Refit"
"Tanker Pool"

Often these groupings become empty. I don't like having to re-create them all the time.

Suggestion:
On the Fleet tab of the Naval Organization window, give us a checkbox to control if the fleet will be auto-deleted when it no longer has ships.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 10:13:17 AM by skoormit »

Offline skoormit

• Rear Admiral
« Reply #402 on: April 30, 2020, 10:20:44 AM »
Naval Organization window
Fleet tab
Top line of top-right pane has a summary line.
Summary line includes location, current orders, all orders distance, and travel time.

Suggestion: if current order is to stabilize a jump point, show the time remaining on this line.

Offline Migi

• Captain
« Reply #403 on: April 30, 2020, 11:55:34 AM »
Naval Organization window
Fleet tab
Top line of top-right pane has a summary line.
Summary line includes location, current orders, all orders distance, and travel time.

Suggestion: if current order is to stabilize a jump point, show the time remaining on this line.

Loading and unloading, refueling and reloading ordinance all take time and don't get shown either.
I suspect this is one of the QOL enhancements which was not included in order to release earlier.

Offline Father Tim

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #404 on: April 30, 2020, 09:49:34 PM »
When declaring independence:
-Have the option to make the race an NPR
-If the population is the only one (of that empire) on the planet, then transfer all Orbital Habitats in orbit of the planet
-Reset political stability to 100% (or have an SM button to manually change it)
-All custom names of stars, planets, moons and populations remain the same. My Lunar colony declared independence and currently resides on "Sol A III - Moon 1"  >:( I am not renaming the solar system.

Turning an empire that at any point was controlled by the player into an Aurora-run NPR is currently impossible, and Steve has said it is a massive programming undertaking.  As in, maybe a year or more of coding.  And even then the AI NPR  would ignore any tech, ships, fleets, ground units, etc. that it didn't 'understand'.

Folks who've played Aurora for a while will remember when it would build your civilian designs and try to treat them as commercial shipping -- which led to many a massive jump tender whizzing around the system slowly delivering one mine at a time because it had been 'padded out' in size with cargo holds.

The following users thanked this post: SpikeTheHobbitMage, UberWaffe