Author Topic: Automating Terraforming  (Read 1476 times)

Offline ShadoCat (OP)

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
Automating Terraforming
« on: March 02, 2009, 08:52:51 PM »
How about a check box to just bring the world for mid point of the owning race (maybe a drop down if the owning empire has several races)?

It would remove one of the micro management situations with something that can be relatively easily automated.

Another possible addition for higher tech Terraforming:  Gravity Adjustment

The same tech that allows Jump Point manipulation could be scaled up to provide small levels of gravity adjustment over a planetary scale.  Maybe create a facility (like in MOO2) whose size and resource cost depends on the gravity difference you wish to achieve).

Offline SteveAlt

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: Automating Terraforming
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 07:58:50 PM »
This is becoming a popular request. It's not as straightforward as it sounds but I am going to have to work out automated terraforming for NPRs anyway so once that is done I will make it available to player races as well.

Steve

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 08:03:47 AM »
Quote from: "SteveAlt"
This is becoming a popular request. It's not as straightforward as it sounds but I am going to have to work out automated terraforming for NPRs anyway so once that is done I will make it available to player races as well.

Steve
All I can say is cool :D
Welchbloke

Offline ShadoCat (OP)

• Commander
    • http://www.assistsolar.com
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 07:15:38 PM »

It seems to me that since you already have an equation to calculate the habitability rating, you can test each of the variables each turn to decide which one will lower the colonization cost the most.

Offline jfelten

• Lieutenant
  • j
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 01:39:43 PM »

Steve

Good news.