Author Topic: 4.4 and Late-Suggestion  (Read 2340 times)

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
  • Alpine Mountaineer..ohh Yeah!
4.4 and Late-Suggestion
« on: October 24, 2009, 06:41:21 AM »
Steve,mates,ciao from italy,first.
Second: a little impression of mine..in REAL situation,ive read the Augustine Report on future of human exploration of Space..ive got this impression: the MONEY are MORE important and crucial than MINERALS situations.
Aurora r exactly vice-versa situations: MINERALS r more crucial than money,am NEVER check the economic situation on State OF the nation,before am open a new project.
So,my personnel idea,is: change this "curious" situation.And emphasys on ECONOMICAL situation,before u got on "bankrupt".hope u understand what am mean.
IF money r enough,ok,go on on project,if money arent,or too many project still exists,also no MORE project r possible..

u think r good for Aurora or not?

in fact in this game,no one need on money too:)
only minerals.
Strange no?

u read on Augustine,without money:= NO Moon landing again,NO mars real human exploration was on future and go ahead all the projects are stopped or diverted up a "old" "idiot" project: Asteroid or belt "simple" and more economical missions.

Obviously in Aurora "wins" ths "PLAYABILITY" than strictly real human blind stupidity,upon our future...

but more attention on Economic,than Minerals situation,i think,get a major realism and addictive

my 2 cents,and srry for bad english,but am never too time for return school:DD
Am too old

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: 4.4 and Late-Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2009, 10:02:48 AM »
Quote from: "waresky"
Steve,mates,ciao from italy,first.
Second: a little impression of mine..in REAL situation,ive read the Augustine Report on future of human exploration of Space..ive got this impression: the MONEY are MORE important and crucial than MINERALS situations.
Aurora r exactly vice-versa situations: MINERALS r more crucial than money,am NEVER check the economic situation on State OF the nation,before am open a new project.
So,my personnel idea,is: change this "curious" situation.And emphasys on ECONOMICAL situation,before u got on "bankrupt".hope u understand what am mean.
IF money r enough,ok,go on on project,if money arent,or too many project still exists,also no MORE project r possible..

u think r good for Aurora or not?

in fact in this game,no one need on money too:)
only minerals.
Strange no?

u read on Augustine,without money:= NO Moon landing again,NO mars real human exploration was on future and go ahead all the projects are stopped or diverted up a "old" "idiot" project: Asteroid or belt "simple" and more economical missions.

Obviously in Aurora "wins" ths "PLAYABILITY" than strictly real human blind stupidity,upon our future...

but more attention on Economic,than Minerals situation,i think,get a major realism and addictive

my 2 cents,and srry for bad english,but am never too time for return school:DD
Am too old
Money is already included in Aurora. The four major elements to the economic system are the raw materials, the production capacity to use those raw materials, the population to run the production capacity and the wealth to pay for it. The current wealth situation for your Empire is displayed in the title bar of the economics window and the ongoing costs and income are displayed in the Wealth / Trade tab. In fact, in my current game the main shortage at the moment is money. I have plenty of minerals and lots of capacity plus the population to run it, but I can't afford to run that production capacity at anything like close to its potential.

Steve

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 10:23:20 AM »
Doh..probably my "empire" r very wealth,ivent earring someone srry about this:))) on Earth...ehehe..

Ty for infos!!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:48:41 AM by waresky »

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 10:29:44 AM »
Doh..probably my "empire" r very wealth,ivent earring someone srry about this:))) on Earth...ehehe..
I tend to find that conventional starts result in wealthly empires as there isn't much to spend the money on in the first few years and you build up a reserve. Trans-Newtonian starts are usually a lot harder from a wealth perspective if you go full blast on production from the start.

Steve

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 10:36:24 AM »
Steve:
A) different windows,FLEEt selection:CIVILIANS-Militar are one of interesting on suggestion for easy check in MANY and MANY task Groups goes around..

B) another suggestion: capability of setup an "different" time on order to loadout around for a cargo:example: Send every 6 months or 3 months in a selected mining Colony a Cargo task Group for load Raws..BUT a MORE  easy system in this selection r needed.- actually u have set a "SECONDS" in selection retard so 6 months r..15.552.000 SECONDS of delay...are possible a more easy on that? "1-5-10-30 days" instead SECONDS??

Ty v much

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 11:05:33 AM »
B) another suggestion: capability of setup an "different" time on order to loadout around for a cargo:example: Send every 6 months or 3 months in a selected mining Colony a Cargo task Group for load Raws..BUT a MORE  easy system in this selection r needed.- actually u have set a "SECONDS" in selection retard so 6 months r..15.552.000 SECONDS of delay...are possible a more easy on that? "1-5-10-30 days" instead SECONDS??
If you only want to pick up minerals occasionally, you could use the existing order that doesn't pick them up unless there is a minimum amount ready for pickup.

Steve

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 11:26:05 AM »
hmm..am never used this function..ok try to use'it.
Hope am good to understand how function'em

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 11:37:55 AM »
Quote from: "Steve Walmsley"
If you only want to pick up minerals occasionally, you could use the existing order that doesn't pick them up unless there is a minimum amount ready for pickup.

Steve

STEVE:)..am never found "Buy minerals ORe" on IndStaus/Civs windows...the buttons presents are: Shut down and reactivations,Civilians Fleet For Sale "BUY",Civilian Colonisation Status,and Know Civilian Construction.End,

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 12:45:46 PM »
STEVE:)..am never found "Buy minerals ORe" on IndStaus/Civs windows...the buttons presents are: Shut down and reactivations,Civilians Fleet For Sale "BUY",Civilian Colonisation Status,and Know Civilian Construction.End,
Do you have any civilian mining colonies?

Steve

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 02:14:40 AM »
Ok,returning IN-Topic Suggestion.
All seem goes as well..(are a right phrase?:))..)

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 04:34:46 AM »
Steve
Based on my recent planetary assault there were two niggles.

One, I controlled the planet's orbital space, but I couldn't tractor the enemy space yards away from the planet. Is there any reason why I shouldn't be able to, Even if it now took a boarding action to be able to use them, with the risk of collateral damage to the yards? In 4.26 at least the space yards appear as one target, would it be better for them to appear as separate targets? E.g. hostile planet has four yards, four space yard targets with a tonnage related to their size.

Second, during the assault to control orbital space I had driven off the defenders, who then returned to the planet to rearm, I don't have too much of a problem with that, it was more that it appeared to take five seconds to load more missiles or possibly fuel. I say appeared as they did not get the opportunity to launch, being turned into so much scrap in the next thirty seconds :D . Or would enemy warships return to their homeworld for any other reason?

Regards
IanD

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 11:25:25 AM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Steve

One, I controlled the planet's orbital space, but I couldn't tractor the enemy space yards away from the planet. Is there any reason why I shouldn't be able to, Even if it now took a boarding action to be able to use them, with the risk of collateral damage to the yards? In 4.26 at least the space yards appear as one target, would it be better for them to appear as separate targets? E.g. hostile planet has four yards, four space yard targets with a tonnage related to their size.
Boarding action against shipyards is on my list. I just need to find a reasonable gameplay mechanic for defending forces. Individual shipyard contacts are possible. I chose the current method to cut down on the total number of contacts and the total number of contact checks every sub-pulse. I think I would prefer though to have combat and boarding actions against all shipyards as a whole though as that would make things a lot easier and it wouldn't be too different in gameplay terms.

Second, during the assault to control orbital space I had driven off the defenders, who then returned to the planet to rearm, I don't have too much of a problem with that, it was more that it appeared to take five seconds to load more missiles or possibly fuel. I say appeared as they did not get the opportunity to launch, being turned into so much scrap in the next thirty seconds :D . Or would enemy warships return to their homeworld for any other reason?
They could return there for other reasons but you are correct about instant fueling and loading of ordnance. The same rules apply for players. I probably need to change them in the same way as I did for troop transports, which might add the need for cargo handling facilities on warships if you want to reload magazines more quickly.

Steve

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 01:27:21 PM »
Quote from: "IanD"
Steve

Boarding action against shipyards is on my list. I just need to find a reasonable gameplay mechanic for defending forces. Individual shipyard contacts are possible. I chose the current method to cut down on the total number of contacts and the total number of contact checks every sub-pulse. I think I would prefer though to have combat and boarding actions against all shipyards as a whole though as that would make things a lot easier and it wouldn't be too different in gameplay terms.

They could return there for other reasons but you are correct about instant fueling and loading of ordnance. The same rules apply for players. I probably need to change them in the same way as I did for troop transports, which might add the need for cargo handling facilities on warships if you want to reload magazines more quickly.

Steve

Perhaps a dedicated system for UNRO and leave the cargo handling system for civilian apps.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline waresky (OP)

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: 4.4 and Late-Suggestion-Pause Button
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 12:49:10 PM »
Steve hi.

i think..are very helpfull and usefull in some situation gave that: a Pause button on task Group windows upon ORDERS list.

If ive setup a long list of orders,and for little different on time of arrival at jump gate ,between an Jumpgate constructor and this task group,this late need to WAITN the gate construction for jump and go again on list of orders...

SO,for not cancel whole,hard different and deepest,list of orders,was very help an sort of PAUSE in order aknolewgde without CANCEL all..

hope r understand what am mean:)

Offline IanD

• Registered
  • Commodore
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 01:43:30 PM »

I don't disagree with this for boarding actions, but I so wanted to drag the shipyards away from their orbit in the last game (See Early History of the Terran Federation) to prevent them building any nasty surprises once I controlled orbital space. :)

Regards
IanD