Author Topic: Tug won't tug??  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Yurameki (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Y
Tug won't tug??
« on: August 09, 2016, 03:30:54 PM »
I had a ship run out of fuel. . . so I sent a tug to bring it home, and it says "Linked to" after giving it the order to tractor specific ship, the ship is now in it's TG, and all I get now is event log spam about how the TG is out of fuel, even though the tug has plenty, and the ETA is many days to get home, but the TG won't move!!

What am I doing wrong? Obviously the other ship shouldn't need fuel or power to be tugged!

Offline Red Dot

• Registered
  • Commander
  • R
Re: Tug won't tug??
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 03:52:31 PM »
The game still sees the ship under tow as having 0 fuel.  Go to that TG Window for that specific TG and hit "Equalise Fuel" at the bottom of the TG window. This should solve the problem and allow you to tow the ship to a Colony.

Offline Yurameki (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • Y
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 04:07:41 PM »
That's really stupid. . . instead I should just be sending tankers to the thing. . . I don't know if they'll have enough fuel to get back that way!

Offline Red Dot

• Registered
  • Commander
  • R
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 07:52:20 PM »
Once they start going, only the tug expends fuel. If you get the "fuel out" message again, just re-equalise the fuel until the tug reaches its destination.

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 07:34:00 PM »
Or use the ship details window to give 100 liters to the ship to be towed so it doesn't trigger the error message.