C# Aurora > Spoilers

what are spawning rules for spoilers?

(1/3) > >>

captainwolfer:
What are the rules for spawning the various spoiler races? Obviously invaders come from rifts and raiders from their hidden home system, but what are the rules for precursors, Star Swarm, or Rakha spawning?

nuclearslurpee:
Precursors: In general, they can spawn anywhere that a ruin generates, although they do not generate for every ruin in my experience. Per Steve dev post here, the requirements are >0.4G gravity and temperature in the range of 200 to 360 K for terrestrial-typed bodies (planets and moons only, as asteroids and comets cannot be terrestrial-typed bodies).

Star Swarm: I'm not sure there is any published documentation on this, but I believe they need to spawn in a system with sufficient mineral resources to support their initial fleet generation. Otherwise, no clue, they're so rare that I don't even have a good body of observations to speculate from.

Rakhas: See Steve dev post here. The requirements are: a temperature in an unspecified ~100-degree band (I don't think the exact values are published but I would imagine somewhere in the 200-360 K range, as for ruins/Precursors), some oxygen, some minerals present, and no ruins. Note that Rakhas seem to cause errors when generating rather often which is one reason I always play with them turned off.

Droll:

--- Quote from: captainwolfer on January 02, 2024, 05:18:25 PM ---What are the rules for spawning the various spoiler races? Obviously invaders come from rifts and raiders from their hidden home system, but what are the rules for precursors, Star Swarm, or Rakha spawning?

--- End quote ---

I'm mirroring a lot of what nuclearslurpee is saying here but precursors and rakha have a chance to spawn in near-habitable/habitable planets. The rules for precursors are a bit looser I think, they can occasionally appear with fuel harvesters around gas giants, not sure if the gas giant needs to have sorium for that.

Star swarm I have no idea, I have never got them to naturally spawn in.

captainwolfer:

--- Quote from: nuclearslurpee on January 02, 2024, 05:33:49 PM ---Precursors: In general, they can spawn anywhere that a ruin generates, although they do not generate for every ruin in my experience. Per Steve dev post here, the requirements are >0.4G gravity and temperature in the range of 200 to 360 K for terrestrial-typed bodies (planets and moons only, as asteroids and comets cannot be terrestrial-typed bodies).

--- End quote ---
Does increasing the spawn chance of ruins increase the chances of precursors spawning, or is the tendency for them to spawn over ruins because they generate those ruins as part of their spawn process?

I am hoping to increase the amount that spawn so I have more to fight

nuclearslurpee:

--- Quote from: captainwolfer on January 02, 2024, 05:42:08 PM ---Does increasing the spawn chance of ruins increase the chances of precursors spawning, or is the tendency for them to spawn over ruins because they generate those ruins as part of their spawn process?

I am hoping to increase the amount that spawn so I have more to fight

--- End quote ---
More ruins = more chances for Precursors to spawn along with the ruins. I usually set ruins chance to 25% or 30% in single-player-race games to get some early action... 30% is good if you want a lot of action, 25% works if you just want something to do every once in a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version