Author Topic: Quick battle scenario  (Read 1445 times)

Offline Geoffroypi (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • G
Quick battle scenario
« on: October 26, 2020, 12:38:53 AM »
Has anyone created scenarii for aurora, in a combat theatre, so we can try some live combats and test some designs and strategies?

The following users thanked this post: StarshipCactus

Offline sublight

• Pulsar 4x Dev
  • Captain
  • s
Re: Quick battle scenario
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2020, 03:24:45 PM »
There were a couple for Aurora-VB, including the SAC challenge I posted.

Maybe you can create the first Aurora-C# scenario.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2020, 06:24:55 AM »
Alternatively or tangentially  ;D if anyone would be so kind as to post his current game (1.12), that would be cool, to see a setup in action, even if it's only peace. I'm sure I can learn from ship or ground unit designs and how people organize their assets.

You just have to post AuroraDB.db, wetransfer.com is free and without hassle for this kind of file transfer.

Offline SpaceMarine

• Bug Moderators
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2020, 08:38:00 AM »
Alternatively or tangentially  ;D if anyone would be so kind as to post his current game (1.12), that would be cool, to see a setup in action, even if it's only peace. I'm sure I can learn from ship or ground unit designs and how people organize their assets.

You just have to post AuroraDB.db, wetransfer.com is free and without hassle for this kind of file transfer.

I dont mind sharing my current 1.11 Save file that I use for my lets play series,

Tech is currently at Internal Fusion, my empire spans multiple star systems and has been in fights with precursors and is also gearing up to attack an NPR to my north, you can learn more about the entire game by just watching my letsplay series, but feel free to mess around with it.

(P.S having some issues witht he forums accepting my DB file so give me a sec)

so heres the link to get it from another site since the forums are having issues: https://we.tl/t-MYWdx8qR6E 
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 08:48:15 AM by SpaceMarine »

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2020, 12:57:07 AM »
Sorry to be so late to the party SpaceMarine, can you be so kind as to post again the link, it deprecated. Wetransfer will be perfect.

Offline Borealis4x

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2020, 02:03:15 AM »
I wish there was an Aurora program that let you free build ships and have them fight each-other. Its generally a long time before you see your first combat in a game, so it'd be nice to get some experience with it and with making designs before hand.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2020, 04:07:10 AM »
Space Master mod can easily make you add high tech ships. Then editing the coordinates require a bit of DB editing, but I think Steve will introduce back the instant relocation of VB6 at some point.

Offline Steve Walmsley

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2020, 06:02:33 AM »
Space Master mod can easily make you add high tech ships. Then editing the coordinates require a bit of DB editing, but I think Steve will introduce back the instant relocation of VB6 at some point.

You can instant relocate already. Use the Misc tab on the Fleet view.

The following users thanked this post: vorpal+5, StarshipCactus