Author Topic: Skipping Defeat  (Read 1261 times)

Offline Adamfostas (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • A
Skipping Defeat
« on: January 26, 2011, 01:11:49 PM »
I send a fleet into a system inhabited by Precursors.  I've done some planning based on previous encounters with their ilk, and my fleet is designed to take them on.  Unfortunately, these particular Precursors have taken the cunning step of using exclusively Size 1 missiles as their armament, and my PD net isn't designed to cope with that.  Wave after wave of missiles ploughs into my ships. 

I don't mind losing, all I mind is the time it's taking to lose.  The game stops every 5 seconds to announce the collision of another salvo, and because my fleet is heavily armoured it's going to take a while for them all to die.  This means I'm reduced to clicking repeatedly for hours.  This is not fun.  Is there any way to skip this?

Offline DatAlien

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
Re: Skipping Defeat
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 02:14:29 PM »
If you go to Individual Unit Details there is an option in the  Damage Control tab, Abandon Ship, I would abandon the bigger ships first, maybe they can only see them
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 02:16:36 PM by DatAlien »
Per se ad astra

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2011, 02:26:55 PM »
You can sometimes queue up increments by first clicking on the increment button and then tapping the space bar a 'pile' of times. Never actually counted the number of increments this works for but I think I got 30 one time. After a certain amount or some other action it will stop incrementing even if you hit the space bar a 100 times. Also, you can not navigate to another window if you do this as Windows then loses focus on the button.

Offline Adamfostas (OP)

• Leading Rate
  • A
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 09:33:29 AM »
Many thanks chaps, scuttling beats ennui every time.