Author Topic: Can't dump installations on uninhabited planet?  (Read 1488 times)

Offline LizardSF (OP)

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • L
Can't dump installations on uninhabited planet?
« on: November 09, 2011, 08:58:51 AM »
This falls into "might be bug, might be WAD, figured I'd try here first". Due to some odd planning choices in my current game, my collection of cargo craft of various sorts is a lot larger than my colonization ships. While my colony ships were on a very long run to dump a load of political dissidents on a x3.12 world out in the boonies, my explorers found a x2.0 world with every single trans-newtonian mineral in decent quantities and accessibility, and only two jumps from my home system. I started sending ships to it loaded with infrastructure and mines and construction factories, so that when PEOPLE got there, they'd have something to do.

Slight problem... I realized, many turns later, that "Total infrastructure" on planet remained at 0. Only after the colonists finally got there did the installations being unloaded from various cargo fleets start to actually appear. A look at the "history" of these ships showed they did, indeed, unload items, but it seems that if the population was 0, they weren't being added, though they were removed from the ship's holds.

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
Re: Can't dump installations on uninhabited planet?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 10:18:23 AM »
That would be odd as I have definately moved infrastructure and installations to worlds with no pop and they have shown up immediately they were unloaded.

Offline blue emu

• Commander
  • b
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 10:43:42 AM »
Yes, I've never seen this before... and never had any trouble unloading on uninhabited planets (except Gas Giants).

On a practical note, you could use SM mode to replace the lost items, and report it as a bug.

Offline LizardSF (OP)

• L
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
I will conduct an experiment later to verify that I didn't accidently misread something, give ships the wrong orders, etc. In the meanwhile, the SM solution seems like the best choice.

Offline Girlinhat

• Lieutenant
  • G
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 12:48:47 PM »
Just to be certain, are you using different populations?  If you've gene-modded in a new species or conquered an alien planet, then you can have both species on the same planet but have 2 colonies - they don't mix.  I've made a new race for Mars, and ended up putting all my mines on my Human terraforming outpost while my Marzoids had nothing, rather embarrassing...

Offline Yonder

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 03:18:20 PM »
You mention looking into the history of the freighters? Are you talking about shipping lines? Are you manually placing Supply and Demand orders for the Infrastructure, or are they naturally shipping the civilian infrastructure produced behind the scenes?

If the later there may be a bug with how the demand for civilian infrastructure imports is calculated for empty colonies.

Offline LizardSF (OP)

• L
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 03:44:40 PM »
You mention looking into the history of the freighters? Are you talking about shipping lines? Are you manually placing Supply and Demand orders for the Infrastructure, or are they naturally shipping the civilian infrastructure produced behind the scenes?

If the later there may be a bug with how the demand for civilian infrastructure imports is calculated for empty colonies.

No, I'm talking about my own, manually run, freighters. By "history", I mean, going to the task group window and choosing the history tab.