Author Topic: Fighter Repair???  (Read 1483 times)

Offline Goron (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
Fighter Repair???
« on: November 13, 2011, 12:25:43 PM »
How do you repair a fighter?
They do not show up in the repair list for shipyards and I can't find any way in the production interface.
And, on this same note, how do you scrap a fighter? if you can at all...
And one more, how about refitting fighters?
thanks

Offline Owen Quillion

• Chief Petty Officer
  • O
Re: Fighter Repair???
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 12:46:32 PM »
I don't think you can refit fighters, unfortunately.

Apparently you're supposed to be able to put a fighter in a hangar, then use the Damage Control to draw from the mothership's maintenance supplies to effect repairs. This doesn't apply to armor damage, though. I've never done this though, and it only works with spaceborne hangars (so not in PDC fighter bases)

You can scrap them from the Industry tab of the Economics window; press the 'Stockpiles' button, above and to the right of the Industrial Allocation form.

Offline Goron (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 04:17:15 PM »
thanks.

Offline Mini

• Chief Petty Officer
  • M
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 03:28:04 AM »
and it only works with spaceborne hangars (so not in PDC fighter bases)
What gave you that idea? It's my impression that it would work either way, since PDCs are just ships that can't move and have 4 free armour layers.

Offline Owen Quillion

• Chief Petty Officer
  • O
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 09:54:03 AM »
Well, partly I was regurgitating what someone else had said in the thread where I looked it up, but I checked it out in game and they were correct. The issue is that PDCs don't have access to engineering spaces (they're auto-removed after selecting "Yes" when changing the dropdown from Ship to PDC), which means they can't carry maintenance supply parts, even if they've got a maintenance supply bay (at least from what I can tell). So if you try to repair a fighter inside it, all you get is errors about no supply parts.