Author Topic: PDC casualties  (Read 1232 times)

Offline metalax (OP)

• Commander
  • m
PDC casualties
« on: November 16, 2011, 01:53:17 PM »
Is there any way to replace casualties on a PDC? I know that ships replace them when put in for repair/refit but as you can't repair PDC's and the PDC refit is broken, I can't see any way to do so.

Offline Yonder

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
Re: PDC casualties
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »
I would refit the PDC with the broken process, and once the game thinks that that has been accomplished go into the menu for that PDC in SM mode and click the "Repair All" button.

Offline metalax (OP)

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 03:09:59 PM »
Unfortunately that doesn't work, the crew remains at the reduced number.

Offline Yonder

• Registered
  • Lt. Commander
  • Y
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »
Oh, you meant casualties as in crew members... In that case I have no idea.

Does Steve have it set up so that operating on a skeleton crew lowers the crew grade of the ship, with the associated penalties?

Probably the next step would be to go through the mock refit process, then use the "Quick OOB Creation" to magic up a brand new version of the broken PDC. You should then be able to dismantle the damaged PDC. The downside with this method would be that you will lose all Crew Grade bonuses that you may have with a seasoned crew, although I don't know if PDC crew grade bonuses ever get that high.

Offline metalax (OP)

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 04:25:10 PM »
They can certainly get up to the normal training limit which is about a 34% grade bonus. Casualties don't reduce the displayed bonus but whether the actual effective bonus is effected I don't know.

The problem arises from having to work around the broken pdc refit command by altering the base design in order to actually update them.  As the crew requirements change for new tech the difference ends up as casualties.