Author Topic: Aurora as a work of Art  (Read 5022 times)

Offline Erik L

• Administrator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • Forum Admin
  • Discord Username: icehawke
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Aurora as a work of Art
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2012, 02:12:11 PM »
Hi Guys. . .   First post.

I've played some very complex games in my time (WitP-AE, WitE, Distant Worlds, Masters of Orion 1/2/3), but this beats them all for depth.

I found this site/game about 2 weeks ago, and have been hooked from the first day.  Yes. . .  it is a work of beauty, and has more layers than any game I've ever seen. . .  I'm in love!

Just 1 question; is there a list of techs that one should start the game with?

Jump Point Theory is pretty much a needed one. Other than that, most techs are personal preference. Want missiles? Work the missile techs. Want lasers? Work the laser techs. The academy forum has some good info in it. :)

Offline madpraxis

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • m
Re: Aurora as a work of Art
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2012, 03:31:20 PM »
Huh, just got around to finally reading this...Nice presentation :D
Wish I had a degree ;) Professional landscaper here...Actually dropped out of high school at the end of my junior year to get my ged and enroll in college...Which worked, sort of...hehe. Now I hold 3/4 of an AS in Aviation Mechanics, 3/4 of an AS in Aviation Science, and a year+ of a BS Bioscience Tech (If you ever want to get your giggles making mutant creatures, I totally suggest the field).
I notice a trend here...hehe.
Probably should of joined the army when they tried to recruit me for warrant officer, but was still married to my delightful abusive crazy wife at the time (You should do it!..day later..WHY YOU DO IT!..day later...Why haven't you done it?...day later...WHY YOU DO IT?!?! ad nauseam+1 (SHE MADE ME GO BALD  :o)). Thankfully, now an ex-wife (still crazy though...I SWEAR she was sane when we married...SWEAR IT), so am looking forward to getting my quackers in a row and getting some kind of bloody degree so I r can be edumicated like all you fine folks! Well, at least the ones out of basic schooling that is, not sure if I want to repeat high school, though the hot gf part would be nice...
And man, work's of art indeed. Only problem with that is when you use that term peoples brains go straight to thinking of visual art...Which (even though I like it) them little circles and spreadsheets ain't ;)
But, yes, definitely a work of art. Steve has yet to achieve the totally retentive (good thing there) level's of DF, but they (and all their cahooters) offer a refreshing breath of quality and pride in workmanship that is, honestly, a piece of artwork.

Thanks boss!