Author Topic: Who uses lifeboats  (Read 1822 times)

Offline ardem (OP)

• Rear Admiral
  • a
Who uses lifeboats
« on: November 19, 2012, 06:43:16 PM »
Recently I been putting on life boats (a boat hangar bay) with a small craft that act as a lifeboat, high speed with enough fuel to normally get them one or two system clear of combat or a black hole.

Yes it is overhead, but I believe it is an inherent design which human design or need designed to survive. Anyone else make lifeboats.

Offline Gidoran

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Who uses lifeboats
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 01:47:55 AM »
I find usually if I need a lifeboat, the ship's already dead. I generally stick an emergency cyrogenic unit on all of my mainline combatants, though, so that they can pick up survivors from a sister ship.
"Orbital bombardment solves a myriad of issues permanently. This is sometimes undesirable."
- Secretary General Orlov of the Triumvirate of Venus

Offline Marski

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 01:59:10 AM »
No, it's tonnage better spent on other things.

Offline Gyrfalcon

• Bug Moderators
  • Commander
  • G
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 02:25:16 AM »
No, I assume the escape pods work in the same fashion, and since my ships are not deployed solo, I except the stricken vessel's sister ship(s) should pick up survivors.

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 03:52:27 AM »
I build a small cruiser with gigantic speed, stealth, and sometimes shields.  My last game I made it to slid core anti matter drives, so this cookie was rolling at around 22000 kms.

It is mostly used to rescue scout pilots- they have geology skill that can go over 60