Author Topic: Scrapping PDC's  (Read 1727 times)

Offline Evilfriend (OP)

• Able Ordinary Rate
  • E
Scrapping PDC's
« on: May 08, 2011, 07:49:48 AM »
Is it possible to scrap PDC's? I know I can refit them, I know that ships can be scrapped but I can't work out how to scrap PDC's or get rid of them at all for that matter. 

In my latest game I did a conventional start with a fairly large population and it gave me 80 of the damn things, Now I've refitted a few but I really don't want that many all they are doing right now is acting as a training centre for my young officers.

EF

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
Re: Scrapping PDC's
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 04:35:53 AM »
u can delete them i think and pull them apart for um metals and components, i know u can transport the prefab pdcs over to other planets and assemble

Offline metalax

• Commander
  • m
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 12:19:53 PM »
No, there is no direct way of scraping PDC's.

If you are wanting to salvage some of the materials in the PDC you will need to abandon/self destruct the PDC and use a salvage ship to salvage from the resulting wreck.

Also note that(unless it has been fixed in a recent version) the refit PDC order doesn't actually refit the pdc when it is completed, instead leaving it with the old design. This can be worked around by altering the old design to match the new one, then viewing each pdc via the ship details screen will update them to the changed design.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 02:55:10 AM »
ah so steve when he has time needs to fix the refit PDC bug ( just tried it in my game and it remains)

Offline TheDeadlyShoe

• Vice Admiral
  • Dance Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 07:54:33 AM »
it's easy to work around, you don't even need to turn on SM mode.

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2012, 03:57:23 AM »
more of a permanent bugfix perhaps or feature addition