Author Topic: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread  (Read 93318 times)

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
Re: Official v6.40 Bugs Reporting Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 02:33:11 PM »
I don't know if this is a bug from earlier versions 6. 3 being the 1st that I have played.
But when I started a conventional empire with missile bases all the 'crew' on them started dying from exposure.
This kept going untill everybody in them was dead

Not seen this one before in earlier version - I'll investigate.

Offline NihilRex

• Lieutenant
  • N
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 06:10:54 PM »
It is possible to find an NPR home world on your first transit.

Do you mean one of your own active sensors or one from an enemy ship? If enemy, should vanish after next increment. If not, please let me know.

It was one of my own, I dont know when\if the situation will occur again in 6.41

Offline Victuz

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 02:56:22 AM »
I had played for almost ten years, starting on the year 2050.   When I incremented 30 days on December 21, 2059, I got this error:

Error in CheckCommStatus
Error 3021 was generated by DAO.  Recordset
No current record.  

Then another error after clicking "OK":

Error in CheckCommStatus
Error 3020 was generated by DAO.  Field
Update or CancelUpdate without AddNew or Edit.  

And it repeats ad infinitum, forcing me to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to exit the game.  

It happens every time I increment a day or more past Dec.   25th.  

EDIT: I made another game, set the Truce time to one year, and the same errors came up after trying to increment past December.  So it has to do with that. . .

Same problem, started game 2025, happens after 30/5 day increment on December (after 1st) 2034 for no obvious reason. Doesn't happen when advancing time in smaller increments because no progress is made obviously (the 5 day minimum), so I tried skipping the whole month by going 1 day at a time. Upon reaching the 5th day the error happens regardless.

EDIT: Just installed patch .41 and it fixed this specific problem.

EDIT2: Quick note, with patch there seems to be a new problem with civilian vessels. 2 civilian ships keep hovering over my homeworld (2 small freighters) and every month I get error saying "[ship name] Failed to load infrastructure on Eath. Please reschedule the orders for this fleet"

I obviously can't reschedule orders for civilian ships (unless that can be done in SM and I'm just not aware), I also don't have an infrastructure supply contract on earth so I don't know what even gave the ships this order.

I'll make some infrastructure and give the order and we'll see if it fixes it.

Edit3: Making infrastructure partially fixed the problem. it still happens from time to time. It seems that a lot of freighters have issues loading and unloading cargo for some reason.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:40:50 AM by Victuz »

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 03:49:16 AM »
EDIT2: Quick note, with patch there seems to be a new problem with civilian vessels. 2 civilian ships keep hovering over my homeworld (2 small freighters) and every month I get error saying "[ship name] Failed to load infrastructure on Eath. Please reschedule the orders for this fleet"

I obviously can't reschedule orders for civilian ships (unless that can be done in SM and I'm just not aware), I also don't have an infrastructure supply contract on earth so I don't know what even gave the ships this order.

You can clear the orders of specific civilian ships on the Shipping Lines window

Offline Victuz

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 07:38:13 AM »
You can clear the orders of specific civilian ships on the Shipping Lines window

Ah silly me, Thanks for that. The issue somehow resolved itself after creating the infrastructure but I'll keep that in mind for the future.

I have however had a different and VERY interesting bug. The population of Earth (my capital) has suddenly surrendered to me. For no reason, this as far as I can tell had no negative side effects other than the fact that every ship that was in orbit at the time is now in it's own TG (so I have to reattach them all :/). Here is an image of the log http://i.imgur.com/Es671X8.jpg. Suddenly surrender.

I don't quite know what could have caused it, the two major things I can think of that I've done (I think) just 30 days before this are:

1. Disabled fuel refineries on Earth (no sorium).
2. Destroyed the Mars "colony" (it was empty, no resources only had it there for the geology team).

Never happened before. It also happened 24 years into game time if that's of any significance.

EDIT: As it turns out there were losses. I lost 3 terraforming ships that apparently had the bad luck of coming out of the shipyards as the "surrender" happened, apparently this lead to their disappearance. I also gained a civilian ship that was in orbit.

EDIT2: Aditionally the military vessels in orbit lost their 100% TF training and are all back to 0 :(
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:55:13 AM by Victuz »

Offline Karlito

• Chief Petty Officer
  • K
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 07:13:21 PM »
Shouldn't we be able to design engines that are less than a tenth of a MSP in size? The increased granularity is nice, but it's a little difficult to take advantage of it without being able to build a size .01 missile engine, particularly.

wilddog5

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 07:00:50 AM »
I have just started my first game with 6.41 and the 2 NPR races i setup one on mars the other on titan are at war and is only been 10 days despite the truce being set at 40 years.

edit: i kept going after i copied a save (in case you wanted it) and one of the ships after launching missiles with active sensors dies as a result the missile no longer has a target and is using on-board sensor message is causing 5sec interrupts that can not be avoided where as a player can click one day and they go boom, maybe the new intercept code can be used to see if a ship will enter the missiles sensor range and only interrupt of that is the case never mind a ship was near the missiles trying to get past them and was acting like a chicken trying to cross the steet  >:( ::) once it was past them everything was fine.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 07:55:49 AM by wilddog5 »

Offline lupin-de-mid

• Petty Officer
  • l
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2014, 09:04:06 AM »
I don't sure is it new bug but
I SM  multi nation Earth and apply for all NPR (and my too) nation Auto spend RP and generate ship systems and design,
and then discover that all my generated missiles are without warhead, fuel, reactor and sensors,
Missile Size: 0. 62 MSP  (0. 031 HS)     Warhead: 0    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 10
Speed: 20000 km/s    Engine Endurance: 0 minutes   Range: 0. 0m km
Cost Per Missile: 0. 155
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 200%   3k km/s 60%   5k km/s 40%   10k km/s 20%
Materials Required:    0. 155x Gallicite   Fuel x0

Development Cost for Project: 16RP

Missile Size: 12 MSP  (0. 6 HS)     Warhead: 0    Armour: 0     Manoeuvre Rating: 10
Speed: 0 km/s    Engine Endurance: 0 minutes   Range: 0. 0m km
Cost Per Missile: 6. 0876
Second Stage: Thunderbolt Anti-ship Missile x3
Second Stage Separation Range: 150 000 km
Overall Endurance: 0 minutes   Overall Range: 0. 1m km
Chance to Hit: 1k km/s 0%   3k km/s 0%   5k km/s 0%   10k km/s 0%
Materials Required:    3. 75x Tritanium   0. 3618x Boronide   0. 603x Uridium   1. 3728x Gallicite   Fuel x0

Development Cost for Project: 609RP
The first one is less than one MSP. . .
So should I recreate world to design missiles for NPR? or this is only for player nation and i could re-reseach this missiles?

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2014, 11:46:11 AM »
Major Bug
I cannot TF Train any of my ships they are stuck at 0%. Was a Spacemaster start and some of the ships was SM added, but all ships cannot train, tried one group for 3 years was still at 0 %

Edit: Started a new game and spacemaster and training is now working will try and back track why training did not work on the other. I was renaming, promoting and demoting a lot of the officers perhaps this impacted the training somehow. Will try and replicate the bug on another SM creation

Minor Bug
'Sensor Sterngth' has a typo under 'rating type' on a new Thermal sensor, in the Design View window.

Another bug which seems inconsistent. 'Newly created' fleet officers promoted to fleet commander status will sometime not work "Not high enough rank warning appears', however if the computer runs a promotion cycle, after adding extra officers the officer then can be added.

Not a game bug but needs an error trap. deleting the last game in the listing and not creating a new game automatically brings up the Error 3201 was generated by DAO.Recordset, You cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in Table. This is then looped and you must Ctrl Alt Del. Just need a simple error trap on selecting blank game not to run.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 09:02:27 PM by ardem »

Offline stonestriker

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »
The 3 ships of the class below are flying around with a Current speed of 3750 km/s, while their Max speed is 2500 km/s.  I did not discover this before a grav sensor failed which somehow caused a message that damage to the ship has slowed it to 2500 km/s.  Changing the speed to 2500 km/s manually does not allow me to change it back to 3750 km/s

Code: [Select]
Grav II class Survey Ship    6,000 tons     135 Crew     963.4 BP      TCS 120  TH 300  EM 0
2500 km/s    JR 3-50     Armour 1-29     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/140/4/0     Damage Control Rating 3     PPV 0
Maint Life 4.46 Years     MSP 1301    AFR 96%    IFR 1.3%    1YR 106    5YR 1586    Max Repair 150 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 72 months    Spare Berths 0   

Fry Orbital Systems J6000(3-50) Military Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 6000 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 3
Parkinson Manufacturing 300 EP Ion Drive (1)    Power 300    Fuel Use 45%    Signature 300    Exp 10%
Fuel Capacity 1,250,000 Litres    Range 83.3 billion km   (385 days at full power)

Faulkner-Powell Manufacturing EM Detection Sensor EM10-140 (1)     Sensitivity 140     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  140m km
Improved Gravitational Sensors (2)   4 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

Offline Beersatron

• Gold Supporter
  • Rear Admiral
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2014, 02:23:18 PM »
The 3 ships of the class below are flying around with a Current speed of 3750 km/s, while their Max speed is 2500 km/s.  I did not discover this before a grav sensor failed which somehow caused a message that damage to the ship has slowed it to 2500 km/s.  Changing the speed to 2500 km/s manually does not allow me to change it back to 3750 km/s

Code: [Select]
Grav II class Survey Ship    6,000 tons     135 Crew     963.4 BP      TCS 120  TH 300  EM 0
2500 km/s    JR 3-50     Armour 1-29     Shields 0-0     Sensors 1/140/4/0     Damage Control Rating 3     PPV 0
Maint Life 4.46 Years     MSP 1301    AFR 96%    IFR 1.3%    1YR 106    5YR 1586    Max Repair 150 MSP
Intended Deployment Time: 72 months    Spare Berths 0   

Fry Orbital Systems J6000(3-50) Military Jump Drive     Max Ship Size 6000 tons    Distance 50k km     Squadron Size 3
Parkinson Manufacturing 300 EP Ion Drive (1)    Power 300    Fuel Use 45%    Signature 300    Exp 10%
Fuel Capacity 1,250,000 Litres    Range 83.3 billion km   (385 days at full power)

Faulkner-Powell Manufacturing EM Detection Sensor EM10-140 (1)     Sensitivity 140     Detect Sig Strength 1000:  140m km
Improved Gravitational Sensors (2)   4 Survey Points Per Hour

This design is classed as a Military Vessel for maintenance purposes

If you created a design that went 3750 and built/SM'd some of the ships in but then changed the design (added more weights or removed engines) that reduced the 'designed' speed to 2500 then your existing ships will stay at the original speed until you do some thing to change it (like have it picket a WP at 1km/s or it takes damage).

Offline stonestriker

• Leading Rate
  • s
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »
Quote from: Beersatron link=topic=7012. msg71995#msg71995 date=1398453798
If you created a design that went 3750 and built/SM'd some of the ships in but then changed the design (added more weights or removed engines) that reduced the 'designed' speed to 2500 then your existing ships will stay at the original speed until you do some thing to change it (like have it picket a WP at 1km/s or it takes damage).

Thanks, that must be it.  The Grav I version had a speed of 3750 km/s, of which I built a couple of.  Later I refitted them, and they kept the speed.  So nothing to see here, just an old minor bug  :)

Offline chrislocke2000

• Captain
  • c
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2014, 04:26:35 PM »
Think I've found a bit of a gap with the new intercept code. I have vessel 1 heading back towards earth and vessel 2 trying to head towards vessel 1. Vessel 1 will reach earth before vessel 2 reaches vessel 1 however the intercept is ignoring this fact and sending vessel 2 on a course that is miles from Earth. I think this is fine in the case of tracking to a hostile but taking final destination into account for friendlies might be a good idea.

Offline CharonJr

• Lt. Commander
  • C
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2014, 04:42:05 PM »
Am at war here with 4.1 as well despite a truce time of 10 years. It looks like colonies on moons (started on Io here) might not be included.

Offline Britich

• Petty Officer
  • B
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2014, 04:00:39 AM »
It appears that Civilian craft are not being decommissioned, I am 112 years into a game and I have 250 civilian craft running about Sol. 
I did start a multi race start on Earth mind you, however most craft are running infrastructure built by the NPR populace to my colonies. 
Which is great, except Sol is a tiny bit packed and if they're not being decommissioned then I can only see it getting worse. 
Edit: just looked in the database and the oldest Civilian ship is 102 years old.

Also there is no overcrowding effect on Underground Colonies at all.    I have enough Space for 1 million colonists on most of my Asteroid Mines but they have over 20m population, they go up because of the above keep taking colonists to them. 
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 04:14:10 AM by Britich »