Author Topic: Civilian Mining?  (Read 2090 times)

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
Re: Civilian Mining?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2010, 10:27:08 AM »
Quote from: "forsaken1111"
Yes well, I still think the wiki is the superior choice personally. Its far easier to find information in a wiki than trawling through a message board. :-)  From an economic perspective, however, the incremental work per answer is higher (you have to touch two information repositories to answer a question), while the ROI for those answers depends on the number of people asking that question and is difficult to quantify (since a question that never gets asked because someone found the answer more efficiently in the wiki is difficult to notice).  Before the bump up in the new user rate over the last 2-3 months, you tended not to get the same question multiple times over the course of a couple of months, so the additional effort of putting an answer in the wiki wasn't perceived to be worth it.  Since the bump up, I think people might be beginning to feel that they keep answering the same question in The Academy over and over, which might push the perceived ROI up enough for people to consider moving answers to the wiki (at least for The Academy).  I think if we experience another bump up in the new user rate that will probably push us over the edge and the wiki will take off.

John