Other Games > Pulsar 4x

Newtonian Pulsar

(1/6) > >>

SwordLord10:
This may just be me, but I was quite excited to hear about Newtonian Aurora, and it has been on hold for a while, which disappoints me. I saw that this game was toying with Newtonian ships, and I think that this game would benefit from making the Newtonian version now, which would draw support from new players(easier to learn), and from the niche of aurora players who want the most realistic experience(me)

Hamof:

--- Quote from: SwordLord10 link=topic=8583. msg90107#msg90107 date=1461333084 ---This may just be me, but I was quite excited to hear about Newtonian Aurora, and it has been on hold for a while, which disappoints me.  I saw that this game was toying with Newtonian ships, and I think that this game would benefit from making the Newtonian version now, which would draw support from new players(easier to learn), and from the niche of aurora players who want the most realistic experience(me)

--- End quote ---

This sounds like something for later, when this game isn't still in early-development.

SwordLord10:

--- Quote from: Hamof on April 22, 2016, 09:04:06 AM ---This sounds like something for later, when this game isn't still in early-development.

--- End quote ---
I know that is probably how it will be done, but I can dream

Nathan_:
Newtonian has been shelved for a long time, and will almost certainly never be done. As far as being easier to learn, I very much doubt that, the current model of using brute engine force to get to some place interesting is vastly simpler than having to do math for every ship. If you're interested though, there are several games like IFH, KSP, and what have you that do make an effort to have realistic physics for ships.

MarcAFK:
Meanwhile whenever I mod non Newtonian engines into KSP everything just explodes from g forces. Need to find some way to mod out those pesky laws of physics.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

It appears that you have not registered with Aurora 4x. To register, please click here...
There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version