Author Topic: Civilian Shipping Line ships attacking me?  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Elvin (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
Civilian Shipping Line ships attacking me?
« on: March 04, 2010, 01:54:30 PM »
The title pretty much says it all. I had subsidised my only shipping line, so they would build some more ships.  Well they did, they had 4, totalling 100k in tonnage. And then, for no reason or listed Event, they all started bombarding whatever planet they were in orbit of. They're still listed as a shipping company on that screen, but on the system map they are red dots, moving apparently randomly between my colonies.

I also can't work out how to get my battlegroup to actually attack them.

Any help/advice on what I can do would be appreciated. Normally I would reload a previous save, but that doesn't seem to be an option in this game.

Offline rubicon

• Leading Rate
  • r
Re: Civilian Shipping Line ships attacking me?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 03:31:11 PM »
Do not know how to answer your question as to what to do about the attacks. However, there is an option for saving your game. I create a save directory in Aurora's directory. And after major events or accomplishments, or rather pretty often, I save my stevefire.mdb file into that save directory. I rename them with such names as 0.stevefire.mdb, 1.stevefire.mdb etc... Then when something does not pan out the way I expected, I exit Aurora, delete the stevefire.mdb in the Aurora directory. Then copy one of my named save n...stevefire.mdb's into the Aurora directory and rename it stevefire.mdb. Then restart Aurora. The reason for the numbers before the stevefire.mdb is for sorting purposes, ascending to descending, first to most recent.

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 03:56:55 PM »
I'm going to make a guess here.  Your not being bombarded by the shipping line ships.  Instead, you've most likely moved all of your mass drivers of the world in question to mining colony(s) and they are bombarding you with mineral packets.  Your civilian populace doesn't like rocks being dropped on them and have become hostile.

There are some recent threads addressing various ways to proceed.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Elvin (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
  • E
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 04:31:00 PM »
Quote from: "Charlie Beeler"
I'm going to make a guess here.  Your not being bombarded by the shipping line ships.  Instead, you've most likely moved all of your mass drivers of the world in question to mining colony(s) and they are bombarding you with mineral packets.  Your civilian populace doesn't like rocks being dropped on them and have become hostile.

There are some recent threads addressing various ways to proceed.

Yep, you're right. However, I can't find any threads on the issue, all search gives me are histories of various games and there seems to be nothing in the most recent posts in the forums.

Offline boggo2300

• Registered
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 04:32:05 PM »
Damn oversensitive civilians!!

theres nothing wrong with several hundered tons of red hot minerals falling from the sky and landing in your house, business or school!!

Happens to my civs at least once a game  :oops:

Matt
The boggosity of the universe tends towards maximum.