Author Topic: Removing AMM  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Sebmono (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
Removing AMM
« on: May 22, 2021, 03:52:15 PM »
Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the db and increase the minimum missile size to something like 5 or 6 to prevent AMMs? I'm trying to craft an environment closer to WW2 carrier combat where beam fighters and missile fighters are pre-eminent. I realize that missile fighters are highly effective but find that beam fighters get absolutely shredded by AMMs given their high top speeds and volumes of fire. Would love for the perfect counter to missile fighters to be beam fighters.

On a related note, does anyone know if it's possible to increase NPR use of fighters? I don't think I've even seen them once from an NPR in C#.

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
Re: Removing AMM
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2021, 03:57:08 PM »
Does anyone know if it's possible to edit the db and increase the minimum missile size to something like 5 or 6 to prevent AMMs? I'm trying to craft an environment closer to WW2 carrier combat where beam fighters and missile fighters are pre-eminent. I realize that missile fighters are highly effective but find that beam fighters get absolutely shredded by AMMs given their high top speeds and volumes of fire. Would love for the perfect counter to missile fighters to be beam fighters.

On a related note, does anyone know if it's possible to increase NPR use of fighters? I don't think I've even seen them once from an NPR in C#.
I actually made a custom small craft ECM (and ECCM) tech line to expressly counter this. Small Craft ECM is available at +5 levels than standard ECM with this edit.

The following users thanked this post: Gabrote42

Offline Sebmono (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
  • S
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2021, 04:16:12 PM »
That's interesting, can you explain the math to me on how this helps? I thought that ECM only reduces missile targeting range, not their accuracy, so in the case of AMM shredding beam fighters I'm not sure how it helps

Offline Lord Solar

• See above
  • Warrant Officer, Class 1
  • Everlasting Glory to the Imperium
  • Discord Username: Lord Solar
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2021, 04:18:49 PM »
That's interesting, can you explain the math to me on how this helps? I thought that ECM only reduces missile targeting range, not their accuracy, so in the case of AMM shredding beam fighters I'm not sure how it helps
ECM effects both actually. Unlike against beam missiles with no ECCM can still get 100%+ chances to hit, but NPRs aren't really great at missile design so ECM 50 really stops a lot of missiles.

Offline Nori

• Bug Moderators
  • Lt. Commander
  • Discord Username: Nori Silverrage
  • Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter : Support the forums with a Bronze subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2021, 07:06:27 PM »

I actually made a custom small craft ECM (and ECCM) tech line to expressly counter this. Small Craft ECM is available at +5 levels than standard ECM with this edit.
That is interesting. I have been trying fighters this go around. Considering the work to do them and the auxiliary support they need, I feel like they die too easy. I have a 60kt carrier to carry 20 box launcher fighters, but in my last fight they only shot once and then nearly the rest of the fight my missile destroyers did the work. Considering the amount of work it takes to set targets manually and such, fighters are a lot of work and logistical headaches, and they are super easy to hit (and destroy).