Author Topic: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread  (Read 69637 times)

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
Re: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2011, 06:00:31 PM »
Does anyone else get endless errors (forcing an End Task, though the game continues fine afterward) when they finish off the last ruin guardian battalion in ground combat?

I think that happens when the guardians are destroyed during their initial attack and you miss that detail and order your forces to attack anyway.

EDIT: By the way, Gliese 67 is misspelt Gleise 67.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 06:27:00 PM by Shadow »

Offline Deoxy

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • D
"assigned to Unknown Fleet"
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2011, 03:09:52 PM »
I had a large military ship that I transferred to the Shipyard TG, waiting to be scrapped.    While I was waiting for a slip to open to scrap it, had a maintenance failure and exploded (it was very old).    Bummer.

The next ship that was built gave that error - "[whatever] built on [planet] was assigned to Unknown Fleet" - and the ship is GONE.    It's nowhere - not in the ship menu, nothing.

Well, it turns out that the Shipyard TG taskgroup is gone.  .  .   the ship that exploded was the only ship in there, so it was removed.

Well, I recreated the Shipyard TG and set it to the default taskgroup again, but the existing ships under construction now all have "No assignment" as their taskgroup, and each one gives errors and goes POOF when it's done.

I can give myself the ships back with SM, but I can't find a way to change the assigned group on stuff already in progress.    It should just act like hitting the "detach" button and create it's own TG. 

Offline Grunden

• Petty Officer
  • G
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2011, 04:33:07 PM »
I've had this happen before, normally when you use the Naval Organization tab, and assign the Shipyard TG to a branch.  If you then create that branch as a TG it'll delete the Shipyard TG in the same way.  All the ships currently under construction with then be built into "Limbo", and creation of a new Shipyard TG won't have the same database ID.  Only thing I know of to do in that case is to edit the database on the ships under construction and assign them to your "new" Shipyard TG.

Offline Ziusudra

• Lt. Commander
  • Z
« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2011, 01:18:15 AM »
It can also happen if you tractor the last ship in the group.

On the Political Relations tab of the Intelligence (Ctrl-F5) window, the Initiate Communications button is not disabled when switching to an initiated race from a an uninitiated race.

Offline Rastaman

• Azhanti High Lightning
  • Sub-Lieutenant
  • R
« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2011, 10:59:45 AM »
Reduced size launcher x 0.25 size / x 100 reload has higher crew requirements than x 0.33 size / x 20 reload

While the others conform to the rule larger = more crew. Bug or wad?
Fun Fact: The minimum engine power of any ship engine in Aurora C# is 0.01. The maximum is 120000!

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
  • 2020 Supporter 2020 Supporter : Donate for 2020
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »
Able to perform time travel without having researched the tech.

It's 23 July, 2126.  I just gave an order to scrap an FAC.  It's showing up in the SY Tasks tab with an estimated completion date of 5 June 2126.

(seriously, I assume the negative build cost for scrapping is showing up as negative estimated scrap time)

John

Offline Shadow

• Commander
  • Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »
The Multi-Loc targeting button, while a godsend, requires some tweaking. It doesn't quite grab targets from the same location (or distance) as that assigned to the selected FC. It has a rather ample radius which is quite bothersome when, for example, your strike cruisers are being chased by 400 murderous Star Swarm warriors. Several fire controls keep locking onto stragglers at least as far as 2 million km away from the firing ships.

If complete precision is not possible to achieve, then the Multi-Loc function should at least ignore targets beyond the maximum range of the weapon assigned to the selected FC (generally the closest hostiles).

Offline PandaQ

• Leading Rate
  • P
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2011, 11:09:58 PM »
I searched and found this in this thread already, and in 5.   40.   
This is in 10 second intervals or something.    Im guessing two NPR are fighting.   

Error in ApplyInternalDamage
Error 6  was generated by Aurora
Overflow

Its crippled my current game and im going to have to start a new one :(  (i was about 40 years into this one)

Edit: Its changed to 5 second interrupt intervals, still same error with each one.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:39:49 PM by PandaQ »

Offline ardem

• Rear Admiral
  • a
« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2011, 11:15:48 PM »
Strange Bug that may apply to other research issues.

I had a good number of invader magnetic containment fusion drives, I disassembled them and gained research tech, on the last drive that pushed me over into gaining the technology but instead of MCF drives I end up getting planetary sensor 700 and the drive technology went back to 80,000 research points. Up until the last one it was dumping the research correctly.

I backed up the database just in case, you need it.

I SM the 700 sensor out and the MCF in so no big deal but one to be aware of.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 11:18:35 PM by ardem »

Offline jseah

• Captain
  • j
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2011, 11:48:36 AM »
I just got a pretty strange one.  It's also not reproducible so I'm not sure what went wrong. 

6am:
I hit next 24 hours on the 24th of december 2006 (86000 construction cycle, I start on year 2000) and it takes forever to process.  It's not a problem of continuous 1 second intervals, it just locks up completely. 

In any case, I notice this happens when a new NPR is generating and so I leave it for a bit and go play something else. 

12 noon:
I come back to Aurora after a few goes and nothing's changed.  It's still not responding.  The date on the system map window didn't change either so I don't know what's happening. 
Looking in the aurora folder showed me that the database is now 148 thousand kb from the 59,844 the backups were.  It's also increasing by a few hundred kb every minute or so. 

I use task manager and kill aurora and start it up again. 
Wonders!  My game loads!  Nothing has gone wrong with my empire (still in one system).  I hit 1 day expecting it to break, and I get a few errors involving obsoletetech and something about class design (IIRC) but after about 20-30 clicks, they go away, turn processes normally and everything is fine. 

I don't get the errors again and the just-before-restarting DB is now a few months on so I'm not sure how useful that'll be.  I do have backups from before the 'event', though they're quite far back. 
Checked SM mode for new races appearing in the list (NPRs show up there) and nothing.  Which is weird. 

I suspect some kind of class design infinite loop occurred with the 1 NPR in the game.  All I know about it is that they have a fleet positioned right on top of my homeworld so going to war is not an option.  'sides, we're hitting it off well and I would sorely like an ally in a hostile universe. 

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2011, 02:13:46 PM »
I just got a pretty strange one.  It's also not reproducible so I'm not sure what went wrong. 

6am:
I hit next 24 hours on the 24th of december 2006 (86000 construction cycle, I start on year 2000) and it takes forever to process.  It's not a problem of continuous 1 second intervals, it just locks up completely. 

Just so you know, this (vice the clicks about obsolete tech) is the sort of behavior that you get when an NPR has a mining crash.  The way to tell is if in a few more 5-days it happens again.  If it's a mining crash (where the NPR can't mine minerals as fast as it needs to consume them, often due to declining abundance), then the ctrl-c will have bumped up the amount stockpiled by 1 5-day's worth.  This is because (apparently) Aurora first does mining, then decides what to build, then subtracts from the stockpile.  The hang happens in the middle step, you you end up with a bit of a surplus for that 5-day.  This little bit of extra will last a few 5-days, then the NPR will be out again and the cycle repeats.

I assume you'll be keeping frequent backups for the next while, so you can send it to Steve (or someone who can look in the DB, since he'll be incommunicado) if it happens again.  In the case of mining/minerals (where the NPR is completely out of something) crashes, I usually just bump the abundance and/or amount back up so the NPR can keep on functioning....

John

Offline jseah

• Captain
  • j
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2011, 02:20:17 PM »
There's two reasons why that is wrong. 

1. That NPR is one I placed.  All the systems I generated at the start have infinite resources at their original accessibility.  (1 billion is as good as infinite)
Still, I'm nearing a mining crash despite having a total of ~3k mines (including civilian ones I'm purchasing)

2. I've played 2 months onwards of that point.  No problems whatsoever.  This was the database I was mentioning that might not be useful, since I went ahead and continued playing regardless of the error.  It only occured to me that the problem might be reportable afterwards. 

Offline davidr

• Gold Supporter
  • Lt. Commander
  • d
  • 2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
    Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2011, 03:16:02 PM »
Steve,

On opening the Galactic map I have started to receive the following pop-up error -"Error in LoadRaceData. Error 76. Path not found in "flags\".

Folder in place and flags in folder.

DavidR

Offline sloanjh

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #148 on: April 11, 2011, 01:16:59 PM »
Alien ships which are detected only by thermal sensors don't seem to be appearing in the tactical intel screen.  I assume this is a hold-over from when one needed an active contact to ID a class....

John

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »
Steve,

On opening the Galactic map I have started to receive the following pop-up error -"Error in LoadRaceData. Error 76. Path not found in "flags\".

Folder in place and flags in folder.

DavidR

It sounds like one of the races is trying to use a flag that doesn't exist. You could fix it by going through each race on the F2 Race window and checking which one doesn't have a flag loaded. If the player races are fine, then it may be an NPR and you would need designer mode to check that.

Steve