Author Topic: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread  (Read 69654 times)

Offline Charlie Beeler

• Registered
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Official v5.42 Bugs Thread
« Reply #420 on: August 01, 2011, 07:36:52 AM »
There is a major flaw in the AI routine, that I think can be fixed relatively easily. It seems a given AI fleet will only target one ship per 5 seconds segment... My current combat is 144 FAC of mine against 89 Alien FACs... we are now at point blank, and every 5 seconds, they only fire and kill one of my ship, whereas they have the firepower to take 10 per fire phase, at least...

So I won easily the fight in the end...

This is a well known and documented issue with the AI logic.  It will also apply to player use of the automated fire check box.
Amateurs study tactics, Professionals study logistics - paraphrase attributed to Gen Omar Bradley

Offline Herode

• Warrant Officer, Class 1
« Reply #421 on: August 01, 2011, 01:13:11 PM »
Minor bug (but easy to fix  :P) :

class design screen / components summary tab / mouse over the buttons in the 'Sort components' panel on the right -> the tooltips are wrong.
Also, the 'close' button (to which the tool tips erroneously refer) seems to close the window AND save so the "without saving" part of the tip looks wrong.

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #422 on: August 02, 2011, 04:27:05 AM »
Minor bug (but easy to fix  :P) :

class design screen / components summary tab / mouse over the buttons in the 'Sort components' panel on the right -> the tooltips are wrong.
Also, the 'close' button (to which the tool tips erroneously refer) seems to close the window AND save so the "without saving" part of the tip looks wrong.

Fixed for v5.50

Steve

Offline Steve Walmsley (OP)

• Aurora Designer
  • Star Marshal
  • S
« Reply #423 on: August 02, 2011, 04:35:39 AM »
Can't remember where I saw it reported, but I have fixed the bug of the missing distance box on the F12 Task Group window and also the conditional orders section appearing on the wrong tab on the same window.

Steve

Offline Sloshmonger

• S
« Reply #424 on: August 02, 2011, 03:12:18 PM »
In 5.  42 in Reduced Height Mode, the Fleet Orders Window (F12):

Unable to set a "Min Distance" for follow/move to orders.    The text box isn't there. 

It's there in normal height mode. 

Editing so there's no double post:

In multiple games in 5. 42, I have been missing the "Expand Civilian Economy by 20%" tech line.
Each time, the 20000 RP version is listed in Completed.
Races were chosen to be auto-assigned research points, for those that I remember what I chose.   I don't know if chosing to manually assign would prevent this bug.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 01:35:05 PM by Sloshmonger »

Offline Jacob/Lee

• Lt. Commander
  • (Where I got this .gif beats me!)
« Reply #425 on: August 04, 2011, 08:24:16 PM »
I get this upon starting Aurora:

Then I get this after clicking ok on the first one:

Repeat that second message ad infinitum.
So I just installed the game after nuking my old game due to this bug and I keep getting these messages.

This really sucks.

Turned out it was the Program Files thing, nevermind.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 08:39:52 PM by Jacob/Lee »

Offline mckamx

• Chief Petty Officer
  • m
« Reply #426 on: August 06, 2011, 10:12:21 AM »
I'm not sure if this is a bug, or the program working as designed, but it is an inconsistancy.

I have found that hyper-capable tugs cannot enter hyper speed when towing a non-hyper capable ship.  However, these same tugs can enter hyper speed when towing a shipyard.

I can think of technobabble to explain either all hyper-speed towing is ok, or no hyper-speed towing of non-hyper-capable ships, but towing shipyards but not ships seems inexplicable.

Offline Herode

« Reply #427 on: August 07, 2011, 02:39:20 AM »
Another easy one :

Go to the Class Design window, Design View Tab.
Select a Cargo view.
Select a Fuel Storage component & add it
Deselect the previous selection by clicking somewhere on the Components panel so the Available Components grid looses the focus
Click on the Remove button :
Error in cmdRemove_click / Error 381 / Invalid Property Index

Looks like a check on the selected index is missing somewhere.
Note that if I click on the Add button instead, no exception is thrown and the Fuel Storage component is added to the design.

Offline Herode

« Reply #428 on: August 10, 2011, 02:25:43 PM »
Still playing my game in 5.42 so I'm unsure this bug still shows in 5.5+.

Go to the Galactic Map (F11)
Right click on Sol : the contextual pop up menu appears
Mouse over the "Populations" menu : a sub menu appears but instead of the name of the populations (therefore, I suppose, the name of the planets), a list of numerals appears. I guess it's a list of ids or something like that. Anyway, not very user friendly  ;)

Offline welchbloke

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #429 on: August 11, 2011, 02:55:10 PM »
I'm still running 5.42 (having too much fun to start a new campaign); however, I've started to get Error in ExecuteOrders Error 5 generated etc.

Anyone got any ideas what might be causing it?  I've had a poke around in Designer Mode and I can't find a fleet that might be the culprit.  Its starting to annoy me as it occurs every day increment.

I worked out what was causing the error.  It was my own fleets!  I had several GE and GV running back to a jump point to join their non-survey brethren.  The end result was that the GE and GV fleets disappeared when their target fleets were absorbed into the main fleet.  I'll have to remember that in future, I lost 3GE and 2GV to that little error  >:(
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 04:12:29 PM by welchbloke »
Welchbloke

Offline Herode

« Reply #430 on: August 11, 2011, 04:43:47 PM »
Very minor bug on the system Map.

I have a cargo TG on Mercury.
I order it to load some stuff and unload it to Earth.
I click the 5 days button. Event log : the Cargo TG has accomplished its orders. So far : OK.
I right click on Mercury : the Fleet sub menu shows an empty list (ok) but the Ships sub menu still shows the ship which is in the cargo TG.

Offline Herode

« Reply #431 on: August 15, 2011, 05:13:43 AM »
Error in UpdateGamelLog, database bug :

- Create a new game.
- Delete it : error 3201, you cannot delete or modify a row because the related record is required in the 'Game' table (translated from french).

I've clicked at least 30 ou 40 times on OK to close the pop up window displaying the message but still poping. I shall have to kill the process instead.

NB : I had 3 other 3201 errors while creating the game (after the initial empire creation, and I set the NPR number to 3 so I guess it's related to NPRs). They were about missing reletaed records in the Tech table, or something like that...

Offline Thiosk

• Commodore
« Reply #432 on: August 15, 2011, 01:25:06 PM »
Very minor bug on the system Map.

I have a cargo TG on Mercury.
I order it to load some stuff and unload it to Earth.
I click the 5 days button. Event log : the Cargo TG has accomplished its orders. So far : OK.
I right click on Mercury : the Fleet sub menu shows an empty list (ok) but the Ships sub menu still shows the ship which is in the cargo TG.

Was the ship sub menu still open?  Did you try opening and closing the window?  Sometimes things stick until you refresh the window...

Offline Herode

« Reply #433 on: August 17, 2011, 06:45:02 AM »
Yep, closing windows does not help. Even restarting the application keeps the bug active. Not a real game breaker, though...  :)

Offline ollobrains

• Commander
  • o
« Reply #434 on: August 17, 2011, 06:49:13 AM »
yeah seems to be a repeating loop of the bug havent noticed it in 5. 52 though