Author Topic: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread  (Read 12674 times)

Online pedter

• Chief Petty Officer
  • p
Re: v2.5.1 Bugs Thread
« Reply #75 on: February 29, 2024, 09:42:32 PM »
Hit another error though I have truly no idea where this one came from or how to reproduce it. With Automated Turns set to On, I fired an 8 hour increment; a 3h30m increment passed then the error popped up. Only needed to clear it once before Automated Turns resumed on its own without needing another increment selection.

Info dump:
- "2.5.1 Function #558: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
- Possibly attached to the main game window; selecting any other window moves it to the background, but selecting the main window puts it in front. The error does not have its own taskbar icon.
- Conventional start
- Real stars
- US decimal and time formats (I have not reconfigured for UK standards)
- Approximately 81 years into the campaign
- Campaign started and running on v2.5.1

Offline Treahblade

• Petty Officer
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2024, 03:34:49 PM »
I have somehow lost the ability in my empire to research Electronic Counter-countermeasures.  I have the tech "Electronic Warfare" researched but no additional research options for ECCM.  I only noticed this after I got some salvage data from a NPR and could not find the tech in my research list.
I think this may have occurred because I took over a NPR ship or had one surrender to me when it had jammer tech before I researched electronic warfare. I don't actually remember researching "electronic warfare" actually.
I did go into SM mode and remove the tech and try and add it back via instant but it does not resolve the problem.

Attached is the db.

- Conventional Start
- Real Stars
- US Decimial
- 58 years into the campaign
- Started on 2.5.0

I had ECCM being researched on another planet and this is why I couldn't find the option on earth. So this is just user error.  :P
« Last Edit: March 04, 2024, 04:06:17 PM by Treahblade »

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
    2021 Supporter 2021 Supporter : Donate for 2021
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2024, 06:53:07 AM »
I had something odd happening, 2 of my transports could not fulfill any of their order on Earth (loading infrastructure), they were on repeat, so I cancelled all orders.
48 days later, I find them at the same spot in space, except Earth has moved, so they are 232 millions km from it. They de-orbited more or less. Feature or bug?

Offline Kaiser

• Commander
  • K
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2024, 07:39:56 AM »
I had something odd happening, 2 of my transports could not fulfill any of their order on Earth (loading infrastructure), they were on repeat, so I cancelled all orders.
48 days later, I find them at the same spot in space, except Earth has moved, so they are 232 millions km from it. They de-orbited more or less. Feature or bug?

I am sure not your case, but maybe you had a previous "minimum distance" option set for a different ship and now your cargo had load infrastructure but because there was the minimal distance still set they were not in Eath orbit? Sometimes it happens to me, because I tend to keep the ship window open.

Offline AJS1956

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • A
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2024, 01:44:10 PM »
Hi,

I've just had a bug that I think hasn't been reported yet.

I just had a cargo fleet drop off some components (found in ruins) at my home world. I disassembled the three engines one by one. I then clicked to disassemble one of the two terraforming modules. The number of terraforming modules in the GU/Stockpile page dropped to 0 but the component was still listed in green. I clicked on it and clicked to disassemble and it gave me the research points and the number of components changed to -1, another disassemble and it changed to -2.

There is clearly a something wrong happening here as I could get infinite research points this way!

OS is Windows 10
A4X version 2.5.1
Decimal separator is a ,
Only mod in use is DeepBlueTheme which I believe is allowed.

Thanks,

Andy

Offline nuclearslurpee

• Admiral of the Fleet
  • Radioactive frozen beverage.
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2024, 01:46:00 PM »
Decimal separator is a ,

Decimal separator needs to be a '.' (period), you have it as ',' (comma).

I admit, this doesn't sound like the most likely cause of such a bug, but the decimal separator issue causes a lot of weird things to happen believe it or not.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
  • Silver Supporter Silver Supporter : Support the forums with a Silver subscription
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2024, 11:57:56 PM »

I am sure not your case, but maybe you had a previous "minimum distance" option set for a different ship and now your cargo had load infrastructure but because there was the minimal distance still set they were not in Eath orbit? Sometimes it happens to me, because I tend to keep the ship window open.
This was one of my test runs, so I had a single fleet, and no follow to another fleet. But it's ok, it's not a feature apparently, so I must have done something.

Offline AJS1956

• Gold Supporter
  • Lieutenant
  • A
  • Gold Supporter Gold Supporter : Support the forums with a Gold subscription
    2022 Supporter 2022 Supporter : Donate for 2022
    2023 Supporter 2023 Supporter : Donate for 2023
« Reply #82 on: March 10, 2024, 07:14:18 AM »
Decimal separator is a ,

Decimal separator needs to be a '.' (period), you have it as ',' (comma).

I admit, this doesn't sound like the most likely cause of such a bug, but the decimal separator issue causes a lot of weird things to happen believe it or not.

My mistake, the decimal separator is a . while the thousands separator is the ,

Thanks,

Andy

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2024, 10:49:40 AM »
I'm pretty sure there are bugs with applying colors in the message log. For example a color change not taken into account, or one which seems to be changed in the message log, but is still using the old scheme when shown in the tactical window.
So if these are not known issues, I can set a save aside.

Offline AlStar

• Lieutenant
  • Flag Maker Flag Maker : For creating Flags for Aurora
    Race Maker Race Maker : Creating race images
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2024, 10:51:43 AM »
The tactical window will only update to the new colors when it refreshes - just scrolling the screen should do it.

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2024, 02:26:08 AM »
I restarted for 30 mn my game this morning. I guess it qualifies as "refreshing the tactical window"?  ;D

See the pinky color msg, for an event just generated after my session start.

Offline lordcirth

• Leading Rate
  • l
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2024, 07:47:47 PM »
Error popup, often several times at once, occurs every few 5-day increments.  It was originally #2661, now #2662.

2. 5. 1 Function #2662: Could not load file or assembly 'System. Data. Entity. Design, Version=4. 0. 0. 0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies.

Started happening after, I *think*, making several ground forces with "Construct Org".

No mods, running 2. 5. 1 in aurora4x-docker.

Offline Oafsalot

• Petty Officer
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2024, 09:06:34 AM »
There is some GUI bug where the Control UIDs for the buttons in the GUI are being renumbered, making it impossible to click them reliably via Autohotkey.

For example, the Control for 5-day turns is "WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.141b42a_r8_ad178" when the game loads, however at some point, and by some means I have not narrowed down the control changes to "WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.141b42a_r8_ad1109". Every Control then has 31 added to it.

This didn't happen in previous versions and honestly, I'm confused as to why it is happening.

The following users thanked this post: Warer

Offline Silvarelion

• Warrant Officer, Class 2
  • S
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2024, 08:39:54 AM »

More likely, they didn't register as in orbit when the "could not load" error was reported, so they stayed still in space.  Next time, cancel the order, then order them back to the planet you want them to orbit.
Mistake Not My Current State Of Joshing Gentle Peevishness For The Awesome And Terrible Majesty Of The Towering Seas Of Ire That Are Themselves The Mere Milquetoast Shallows Fringing My Vast Oceans Of Wrath.
  ~The Mistake Not, Hydrogen Sonata, Iain Banks

Offline vorpal+5

• Commodore
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2024, 07:48:16 AM »

When you rename a civilian company, in many cases (but not all) renaming is only partially working. (It's more than one year after having renamed the company in this screenshot)