Author Topic: Stupid Task Groups  (Read 1435 times)

Offline Echo35 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
Stupid Task Groups
« on: August 17, 2011, 08:53:02 PM »
I have all of my task groups set to auto refuel when they are at 30% or less fuel, but despite that, my lone gravitational survey vessel decided to fly around until it ran out of gas.  I'm only on my 2nd year in my current game, so I know I'm not out of fuel, and in fact, it's sister survey group (The geo one) went back and tanked up just fine (Actually, during the same turn even).  What else would cause something like this?
". . . and that is why Sir Issac Newton is the deadliest son of a b*#ch in space!"

Offline Gilferedir

• Chief Petty Officer
Re: Stupid Task Groups
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:11:22 AM »
Double check that the primary condition is set at Refuel rather than Resupply.  Sometimes the pull down tab likes to move around after you select something. 

Offline voknaar

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 05:38:17 AM »
Also be careful how far you send out your ships, they may spend 60% fuel on just leaving their nearest fuel source and not turn around until they are at 30% as conditionally ordered. As such they wouldn't have enough fuel for a return trip in that case.

Offline Klapaucius87

• Leading Rate
  • K
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 09:01:08 AM »
If u have a refuel set in orders they will ignore the conditional order.

Offline Echo35 (OP)

• Chief Petty Officer
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 02:13:06 PM »
It is set to refuel, and it's surveyed points past where it was before.  I'm guessing Aurora has no Bingo Fuel style system?
". . . and that is why Sir Issac Newton is the deadliest son of a b*#ch in space!"

Offline Garfunkel

• Registered
  • Admiral of the Fleet
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 03:34:18 PM »
It is very much possible that a survey ship goes really far out to do a survey and then is stranded there, as the remaining fuel isn't enough to get back.  Most often this happens when a slow geo-survey ship chases a comet or when the JP-survey locations in a binary/trinary system are far out.