Author Topic: Making my game more challenging  (Read 1258 times)

Offline orfeusz (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Making my game more challenging
« on: October 10, 2011, 03:14:11 AM »
So, i play my game, but Swarm is weak. Precursors - i don't know if i even encountered them. It's too easy and i want to add AI opponents. I created new star system, with good planet, full of minerals and so on. I use button "create Empire" and i don't know what options chose for my new opponents. I give them good population amount, research points and environment tolerance. So my questions are:

1. Should i enable "Create as Computer-Controlled Empire (NPR)" option?
2. Should i enable "Create ship systems and ships designs" option?

I want to have race that is playing on its own, but i want to be able to see what are they doing in SMmode. Now i think that i have some opponents, but i can't see what are they doing. I think that i enabled some option when i was creating game. I think  :)

3. Is there any way to power up Swarm? Or Precursors? I don't want to enable Invaders yet.

thanks
Only in Death does Duty End

Offline Dutchling

• Lt. Commander
  • Baby Snatcher!
Re: Making my game more challenging
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »
1. Yes, if you don't do this they will be a player race and you will have to control them or they won't do anything. I do not know how to make the race viewable though.
2. Even if you don't tick this box an NPR race will have starting ships with fitting systems so I don't think it matters
3. You can do this by creating a lot of ships in a swarm system with SM mode and than self destruct them. This will enable the swarm to reproduce really fast.

Offline orfeusz (OP)

• Sub-Lieutenant
Re: Making my game more challenging
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 01:16:11 PM »

3. You can do this by creating a lot of ships in a swarm system with SM mode and than self destruct them. This will enable the swarm to reproduce really fast.

how to spawn ships in SM mode?

EDIT: OK i found it  :)

« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 01:18:40 PM by orfeusz »
Only in Death does Duty End